1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Warriors 132, Rockets 128

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

probably dropping Hill from his fantasy team :grin:

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

read your post again.

ellis is NOT a jumpshooter. for him to shoot 18-24, it's entirely your defense period.

also, when you have 52 free throws ON THE ROAD and lose, something is wrong.

we're NOT bad. nobody is saying that. but it's obvious we're not going to be great or anywhere near it.

we'll be good and is a playoff contender; we'll probably will win 48-50 wins.

but new season, and we're not a championship contender. we need to make a move. i don't know how, but that's morey's job. we need a legit superstar.

3. Souprocket

Souprocket Contributing Member

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

A lotta people must've been pissed that neither Yao nor Jeremy Lin suited up for this game.

5. Bay Area Rocket

I actually first spotted Morey when he wandered down to the bench during half time to get a drink of water. I introduced myself and chatted with him for a couple of minutes. He is a friendly guy and total class act. He even introduced himself to my fiancee towards the end the of the conversation to make sure she didn't feel left out. After giving him some props, I commented that the Ws usually lure their opponents into an up and down game with little defense (many opposing teams obviously give in to this temptation when visiting Oracle). He commented he did not mind the pace of the game at all and was primarily concerned with the team's defense and rotations. He asked me if I had a Chase jersey on but I showed him that it was a classic - good ol Sammy.

[​IMG]

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

True.
    But we expect to contend, don't we? Don't like a contender so far. Hopefully, gel with time.

7. Bay Area Rocket

No doubt. i even spotted 6 fans sitting together with shirts spelling J-E-R-E-M-Y. The arena did not bust out the jeremy chant tonight as they had been doing during the preseason.

8. Chrisguert

Chrisguert New Member

Fun game, apart from the whole losing thing

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

0:2 ,,,,and on to Denver..hope we could nail this one

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No way to extrapolate 2 games out over 82...but I am concerned that what I've seen so far from the defense is what I saw last year...and what I feared for this year.

11. Zfan

Zfan Member

I wonder which team can beat Warriors if Ellis shooting like this. He sank every jumper even you put a hand in front of his face. This is just 1 game, not going to happen every night.

12. MadMax

look..132 points is 132 points. ellis didn't score 132 all by his lonesome.

13. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Our defense wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Courtney Lee really impressed me while he was defending Ellis even though Ellis was making EVERYTHING!

Warriors stayed on fire all game even with a hand in their face.

I wish every night that Aaron Brooks would turn into a pass first point guard. He is stubborn as a mule and feels like he has score on every play even after the coach calls a time out and tells them to PASS the ball around. Whens Lowry getting back?

14. MadMax

132 points. there's really not a way to spin that.

15. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

please quit playing jefferies and chuck hayes together to start the 4th. That is all.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

referees accidentally allowed a fifth quarter, and we didn't notice? I'm trying here.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Are you sure, he was pretty fricken amazing last night.

DD

18. Danckchi

Danckchi Member

Why are we playing a 6'6" center???? I thought we are done with that

19. VanityHalfBlack

The Rockets always start off slow in the beginning of the season.. They will pick up the pace and speed midway through next month, you'll see...

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I was having nightmare flashbacks back to how Dale Ellis of Seattle used to light us up.

Make it stop, Mommy! :(