1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Thunder 98, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2012.

1. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

les doesnt want to tank at all.

2. gah

gah Member

Jopatmc, you considering the Rockets "as perhaps one of the 5 worst teams in the league" is why I'm talking about you going out of touch, for the time being we're still the same borderline playoffs team. The rest of your reply is grounded in reality -I may not share all of it-, however this type of "we are doomed" comments are not.

On cue:
    the Mozart strange bird laugh
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3_CF3tALIuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lowry/Lin
    Lee/CBud/TWill
    Morris/Parsons
    Nene/Hill
    Pau/PPat

That's a contending team that matches up very well with the Lakers, Spurs, Blazers, and Thunder.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You forgot Chuck. Stern shafted us out of retaining him, as well.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL - no it isn't...it is weak in the middle, has two young unproven guys at SF, and the backup PG was undrafted as well.

It is about a 50 win team, but not a contender, IMO.

DD

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You are exactly right. A trifecta of Nene/Pau/Chuck plus PPat is the top big man rotation in basketball.

7. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

T_T Without Hayes, Paul and Harden were able to dribble the ball freely inside the plant. I still remember how Hayes took the ball away when Paul was making a lay up.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chuck wanted 5-6 million
    NeNe wanted 16 million
    Gasol wants 18 million

Are you going to pay this kind of money?

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

You are what you are. In past years the team played like a borderline playoff team, that team had players like Battier & Hayes who played better defense than is being shown now. Role players would step up and make big plays.

The fact is that this team is not playing like a borderline playoff team so far this season. The only games this team won were when Lowry, Scola & Martin all played well. Whenever one is having an off game or out, the rest of the team is not stepping in with the production or the game-changing plays to help the team win. That is not characteristic of a good team.

It could change, but with basically no practice time for Dalembert to get in shape and the coaches (if they could) to get the rest of the team to play defense. It will not happen.

And don't start with the "but they have Scola, Martin, Lowry, etc." because there are always some really bad teams who have good players. It happens.

10. gah

gah Member

What I will start with is by repeating that our record doesn't reflect how good we are because of the competition we have faced. What more could be expected? I think it was Morey who said that this is the toughest schedule out of all teams for the first ten games, so keep that in perspective, ugly losses have made us seem worst than we are.

For better or for worse, we're still a borderline playoffs team. When we lose to teams that we're supposed to beat is when I could start to agree with you, time will tell who's right.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think its a 55 win team.....and Morris will be a good SF.....maybe Al Harrington, Marvin Williams, Rashard Lewis lite..... version at worst
    but still Gasol and NeNe are soft....... and Lowry is no Kobe

Lowry on Kobe Mode
    Lee
    Morris
    NeNe
    Gasol......That is a contender........or near contending depending on how good the Heat are

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Nene and Gasol would be the best front court in the league.

It doesn't matter if the other 3 positions are filled with scrubs, having the best frontcourt will get you anywhere.

Nene, Gasol and Chuck off the bench. With the current Lowry as well.

Imagine that. Top 4 seed easily.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Please prove with numbers or stats that NeNe and Gasol are the best front court..... because last TIME I checked a front court still consists of C, PF and SF

and with a crap Swing man,an allstar PF with declining tendencies a C that is above average but not great

this season you are really excited? best frontcourt?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Am I missing something, or didn't just the Mavs beat everyone with the best front court (Chandler+Dirk)?

You want statistical proof just look at Hollinger's posts after the trade was nixed. He said the Rox would have had the best frontcourt in the league. We would have kept lowry, lee and Parsons in the deal.

Nene/Gasol/Parsons/C-Lee/Lowry. Defensively that team would be like the prime KG Celtics.

15. Red&BlackPudman

Because we have no inside presence. Where have you been?

16. valorita

valorita Member

gasol's contract is $18,714,150
    nene's is $13,000,000 (I believe we would've gotten him for 12)
    hayes is 4-5 million.
    patterson is ~2.

yes, that is the best front court in the league. no one would be able to match up against our size/quality/depth.

38 million for the best front court leaves 20 mil for the rest.
    lowry at 6 mil is the best pg/salary production.
    14 mil to spread amongst the rest should be more than enough to get quality fillers.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are you comparing Gasol to near prime KG? You are not missing anything. I don't think Gasol is as good as Dirk......the clutch shooter he is. and the defender KG was. Also Miami defeated themselves, couldn't handle the zone......speaking of Dallas and their bigs.

Chandler was a tough guy not only on the outside.......he actually loved the lime light.
    Again Gasol and Nene's playoff success came because they were sidekicks to Anthony and Bean respectively.
    So you are saying two sidekicks can get us to a championship. Lowry had to be Kobe to do that......It's a stretch... I am missing something here.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IT won't stay that way...... Nene wouldn't go for 12....You are just comforting yourself.
    Patterson is entitled to more.......Hayes was the first one to go....what makes you think he would wait? He sure didn't wait for Gasol and then NeNe to sign.

They are not elite players face it....When I mean elite top 10 right now and not 2 years ago

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Please check out NeNe's numbers without Anthony

12.5 ppts and 7 rbs 0.8 blks....... 13 million......That's Chandler's money without the intensity and ferocity of Tyson

Gasol's numbers are embarrassing for the go to superstar....so I don't post them.

I love your optimism

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nene/

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In addition the Mavs had lot more fire power in Terry, Butler, Marion,Stojakovic......
    You underestimates the back court dramatically. and Dirk is a shooter himself....