1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Thunder 98, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2012.

1. dsid411

dsid411 Member

I actually agree that we should tank. Let t-will and the other bench guys play, it could still be fun, this team is going no where this season. It's PAINFUL to watch.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr Chuck Norris

First time I literally Laughed out loud in a while at the end when Dragic made that pass. I Bust out Laughing. It was funny.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Rockets home road disparity is totally F-ed up. We almost won against the Thunder without Lowry. And would've won with him just so Flynn wouldn't have entered the game. Yet we get creamed on the road with him.

In the grand scheme of things, I much prefer losses than wins since I'm pro-tanker. I also want the Rockets to trade Scola while his value should be skyhigh right now. And then start Patterson and go into full rebuild.

4. cujo

cujo Member

dalambert 's play in his first game was the equivalent of Cato playing like a beast in that one game that got him a nice contract. delambert....what happened to you???

5. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

sorry, cant blame loss on Dragic... he would of had 30 asst if others made shots plus bench killed the 12pt lead so the last 3 sec dont matter

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I saw a lot of good defence movement starting with Parsons over Durant and Dragic over Westbrook.

7. Mr. Space City

the crappyness from the rockets is sill not enough to bring down my high from the texans :grin:

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Parsons is playing better than bud in the starting five. He doesn't need his offense as much to be effective because he plays great defense.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That game just hurt. The Rockets are pickling my liver...

10. yowyOw

yowyOw Member

Bench points production: outscored by 13 (40-27)

Their rotation won the game. Period.

BTW, Budinger was terrible.

11. Miracles Boys33

Starting line up
    Dragic (til lowry heals)
    Martin
    Parsons
    Scola
    Dally

12. dwnkst72

dwnkst72 Member

feel bad for these guys. great effort and much improved from yesterdays game.

also, don't know if anyone noticed this, but i was watching the box score and the game at the same time.
    the stats people never checked in flynn for that horrendous 10 point blown lead in the 3rd quarter. flynn's listed as -2 and i know it's not supposed to be that high.

13. cod

cod Member

I don't think the coaches trust him on the floor. Doing little things like waiting on the perimenter on defense as he waits for his man when he should be already protecting the rim.

14. panda8six

panda8six Member

Starting Parsons on Durant was a great coaching move. Maybe he should have called timeout and put in some subs earlier in the 3rd but part of growing as players is working through adversity. You're not giving your bench much confidence by benching them immediately.

15. anchel

anchel Member

I don't know how any of the coaches/assistants thought about replacing Parsons for Budinger for the last 2 possesions. :confused::confused:
    Dissapointed because one of the things I expected to improve with this coaching change it was the late game decisions.

The last turnover by Martin... you have to play really soft to do that at that moment of the game.

Still, everybody knew what would happen since the Rockets did put their bench on the court: the Thunder would cut the difference and Durant would make the last shots on a tied end. So, not surprised, just dissapointed, because after all we could have won this game.

S**t.

16. conquistador#11

I hope I don't get blasted for this, but Mctalky lost us this game. Up by 10 he decides to bring in the awesome flynn while westbrook remained in the game. You leave dragic, who was making westbrook silly at times, in the game til westbrook subs out.

17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Flynn and Hill need to get the hell out. Flynn is just flat out dreadful and Hill is one of those guys who every now and then does something that makes you think "Damn, this guy could be something" and then you realize he has no idea how to play basketball and you hate yourself for thinking such stupidly optimistic thoughts.

OTHERWISE

This was a great game for us I thought. Sure out last minute execution couldn't have been worse but Lowry is a stud for a reason -- he's our go to guy during these situations. I loved our hustle, especially Parsons, Patterson and Dragic.

I'd love a
    Lowry/Dragic
    Martin/Lee
    Parsons/T-Will
    Scola/Parsons
    Dalembert/Patterson
    rotation going forward.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's why he got only one guaranteed year in a league desperate for bigmen.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

At least, we have our Texans.

The second unit killed us. Why Parsons is playing, let alone starting over Marcus Morris is beyond me.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You know needing a 3 pointer, I am not sure why McHale did not put in some 3pt shooters during that last 13 seconds.

I have been less than impressed with McHale's game management.

DD