1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Suns 118, Rockets 110

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. OpportunityCost

Add Hayes to that list.

2. vpyingyang

vpyingyang Member

Why wouldn't he play harder? This is contract year for him. We can have a guy who can actually dribble and pass.

3. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Ariza wouldn't be so bad if he has an offensive wing to keep his shooting down to a minimum.

At this point I'd trade TMAC, Intangibles and Scola for Iggy, Dalembert and other contracts to make the $$$ fit.

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I guess we cant count... We kept going for 2 being down 6 with limited time

5. OpportunityCost

Bingo!!!

6. PeppermintCandy

It may sound like an excuse, but I think fatigue was a huge factor. Our starters Scola, Ariza and Battier looked and played like they've been playing a grueling schedule and too many minutes.

Our bench did great but they also started running out of energy in the second half. Andersen could've gotten more minutes if not for his fouls. I thought Budinger could've played more as well.

The only starter/main bench guy who didn't look affected was Brooks. The dude is an Energizer bunny.

7. BK219

BK219 Member

I agree a big part of this loss was on Ariza, but I think our starting lineup in general needs a shakeup. We start three guys who are either offensive zeroes or hurt just as much as they help on the offensive end. I think we should give Budinger a shot at starting and bring Ariza or Battier off the bench, we'd still be able to keep Landry on the bench but would get some offense into our starting lineup. I just really don't like the idea of Battier and Ariza standing around at the three point line in crunch time and making us go three on five.

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Agree Ariza is a nice role player who should have his minutes cut slightly and given to C Bud.

9. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Have a question, didn't we start January out like this last season, where would lose 2 or 3, then go on a winning streak? Also agree that the bench should have been in earlier in the 3rd, or at least put the ones in that were effective.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ariza and Battier were awful.

Ariza's offense is very Rafer-like.

Battier should have never gotten off the plane. He did absolutely nothing.

11. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The loss can be attributed to the defense throughout the game, but more specifically the start the 4th quarter. On the pick and roll, Scola kept losing track of Frye, and Frye kept hitting long 2s and 3s. Battier went underneath a pick on Barbosa, who in turn hit a 3. And, after AB went for a steal and the team was up 3(or 5, don't remember exactly), Dragic got a wide open 3 and knocked it down. The D at the beginning of the 4th was atrocious.

The loss can also be traced back to the offense during the early to mid 4th quarter when they kept turning the ball over. There was something like 5 turnovers which allowed Phoenix to get easy shots and build a lead when Nash was on the bench. To beat Phoenix, you have to pound them when Nash is out, that is exactly what happened in the 1st half, and then in the 4th quarter it all crumbled.

Enjoyable game to watch, but a really frustrating 4th quarter. Bad D and sloppy O cost the team the game at the beginning of the 4th.

12. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Battier was a -22 tonight and a -17 vs the Lakers. Probably time to start Budinger for Shane.

Kind of funny that Adelman couldn't find any minutes for T-Mac. :rolleyes:

13. monk92

monk92 Member

But if his only motivation is to improve his own value why would he play to win rather than just take 50 shots esp after adelman sent him home

14. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

get rid of battier scola n ariza...scola been playin like a b**** lately

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Scola was worn out from the night before...he had no energy at all, no lift, just dead legs and his shot showed it.

Shane same thing...from chasing KB24 all night.

Trevor - well.....he is what he is....we are stuck with him...hurry back Von.

Kyle lowry struggles in games like these....it is a shooters game and he is not one.

AB and Carl were amazing.......simply amazing.

CBud struggled but rebounded ok...still getting his wind back.

DD

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

If Battier didnt get off the plane he woulndt be on a poster

17. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Ariza might be the problem, but we really should look forward to a decent trade which can bring us the powerhouse needed for more wins. our current roster just could't match up well against an elite team. that said, i am fine with what we have right now and i believe we will have a great shot on making the playoff.

18. Yak

Yak Member

For the last gotdang time, why would we give minutes to someone who won't be with us the next year?

TMac is no longer a part of this team.

Stop living in the past.

Let's address the issues that are afflicting us RIGHT NOW.

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Scola didn't have a very good game yesterday, either. I think he just often struggles more than other players with teams that are extremely long and/or athletic.

20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

damnn! so much negativity! Lets face it... we played a RED HOT team... and this was a tough 3-game road trip. Our starters have played big minutes so far...especially since C-Buds been out which meant more mins for Battier and Ariza. Give them a break to re-group. In case you guys forgot...we played the Lakers as hard as we could and we played as hard as we could tonight... but just came up short.. ALL 3 GAMES were winnable, but just couldnt execute.. Let them re-group and we'll be fine..