1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Suns 111, Rockets 105

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FR0497

FR0497 Member

I'm not saying he'll be '02 T-Mac, not sure where that is coming from. But I think it's pretty safe to say he'll look much better this year than last. And I'm banking on Tim Grover's words, not T-Mac's.

2. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Yeah, I was there too, with very, VERY good seats and the refs were absolutely absurd. Maybe it didn't look like it on TV, but the refs were atrocious. During the first half it wasn't so bad, but it just got ridiculous during the second. Every time the Rockets took it inside they were being hammered (and the scorers were crediting it as "blocks"), and there were loads of bull**** touch fouls called on the other end. Other thoughts:

-People are being too hard on Ariza. I also used to think his dribbling looks awkward on TV but seeing up close made it clear that he has better control than I thought. There were several times earlier in the game where he broke his man down and created an easy basket for someone else. I thought he played really well for the most part.

-Battier looks like a scrub out there. He's completely washed up. No offense to speak of and pretty much a non-factor on defense. He had several chances to hit wide open momentum shifting 3's and blew them.

3. Seth

Seth Member

Ariza must never have 20+ shots a game, i said these many times, he is not a volume shooter and he must not become one.
    Battier should have been traded at the end of last season when his value was sky high.

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Member
    Supporting Member

Brooks didn't score 33, Andersen didn't score 19 and the Rockets didn't play defense like they did in LA and thats why they lost !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I also thought that I saw some improvements from Ariza in terms of dribbling the basketball in this game. It was almost like big jump that he made in this particular game and I was a bit surprised to see that. It is still not where it needs be but let's home that he keeps on improving in this aspect of his game.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

he traveled twice. on one, he basically took like 5 or 6 steps. when you're allowed to do that, it looks nicer.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He is very inefficient when creating off the dribble and this can be proven when you go back and observe each of the games he has handled the ball too much. Watch the 2nd Blazers game, the Warriors game and you'll see how much better he looked simply playing within the flow of the offense rather than trying to force up shots.

Another problem is that once he gets into the paint, he attempts to pump fake his defender which they don't bite and he ends up being in no man's land. He usually ends up trying to go up and under or leaning in for a basket which he has failed miserable at all season long.

Like I said I love Ariza I'm just not liking some of the things he tries to do out there.

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

No. He also had some nice moments dribbling too. On the one you just referenced he might have been allowed to travel (no call) because he was fouled as he was driving and the refs decided to let it go. Refs do that sometimes.

9. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I saw him get fouled about 3 times taking it to the basket with no call. Scola was really getting hammered too. There were also two buckets by Landry that would have been 3 point plays if the Suns had been called for the same touch fouls the Rockets were getting.

10. Manuel Romney

Manuel Romney Member

David Andersen's game against the Lakers was one of the biggest flukes I've ever seen. I HATE absolutely HATE seeing the guy play. He's way too clumsy and always looks like he's about to trip. His shooting form is ridiculous, how do you develop that style of shooting? He throws his shot off with all the leg action. Last time I felt like this about a player was when Moochie was here, so frustrating. :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. ibm

ibm Member

so we lost games because andersen looks awkward?

dude, 2pts is 2pts as long as you make the shot. if you want a perfect form, go watch shawn marion.

12. ashiin

ashiin Member

We shot ourselves in the foot, and then Crawford shot us in the other foot. Can't bring ourselves back into rhythm at all.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't a fluke. He simply was being left wide open since Bynum was not making any effort to go challenge the shot. His game is going to come along in time as he gets use to the NBA. I don't expect huge numbers but I'm pretty sure he is going to be a good bench player for the Rockets.

14. skillz034

skillz034 Member

we really need a t-mac type dominant player. hopefully t-mac can add that when he comes back. or if we trade him for another player. we just need a dominant player we can count on night in and night out. when we go in scoring droughts like we did today, who's going to be able to make something happen. T-mac attracts double teams, and is long and a great passer.

15. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I hopes tmac comes back like everyone else but yall must have forgot the Tmac that at times becomes very passive in the 4th late in games and settle for jumpers...

Yall have been watching too much kobe or something.. I guess when people backs are against the wall, they put your faith in the first guy who they think can provide the answer

16. rockets2

rockets2 Member

It's called being able drawing double and triple teams. a playmaker, a difference maker

17. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I understand that, but tmac has quit and not closed out many of games for us....and he has closed out some games for us....I am just saying that you shouldnt all your faith in tmac....I did for years, and I was let down numerous times

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

I understand we have the right to complain after a loss but some of you act like this loss ended our season or something.

I get the feeling some of you expected us to go 82-0.

19. sammy

sammy Member

People need to think rationally.

I was hoping for the split against the Lakers/Suns and we got it done.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

LOL. Ariza definitely got away with a HUGE travel in the 4th quarter and got away with another minor travel. Someone needs to get the video where he drives right side and basically takes four of the longest steps in perhaps the most blown travel call this year.

Rockets lost this one because Amare was a man on a mission. The dude was awsome in the 4th. Aldeman didn't even bother seeing how badly Amare could destroy Andersen, and Amare is too tall and too strong for Chuck Hayes. I had forgotten over the last two seasons how great Amare is.

Other than the loss, it was a good game by the Rockets. Brooks finally showed his mid-range game. Did anybody else notice the one-on-one against Dragic to end the 1st half.

Hasn't that been his career with the Rockets? He plays good defense but not the great defense most claim, and he has been anything but clutch. He is worth having when T-Mac comes back.