1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Suns 111, Rockets 105

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ApuN

ApuN Member

Phoenix - 32 Free Throw Attempts
    Houston - 13 Free Throw Attempts

Theres the game...

2. rocketsmetalspd

Will he see any minutes though? We will soon find out this coming Monday when he has his MRI. If TMac is cleared to play I don't want any excuses by him because he has stated he is ready to play. I want to see him play against the Mavs on the 25th if true. :)

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

TSlack with this team would not challenge the Suns. HE DOESN'T HUSTLE so we would just get crushed.

4. Mr.TripleDouble

I think the Rockets' inability to defend the pick & roll was what ultimately cost them...Especially with that open three Frye got to put Phoenix up five with a minute and a half remaining. Landry & Scola seemed to have no idea who to stay with (either Nash or Frye/Stoudemire) or how to defend them.

5. rocketsmetalspd

That really was the game. How can the home team not get calls at least to keep the fts close damn.

6. RV6

RV6 Member

and i'll say again how wrong i was about landry's ceiling, i thought he had almost maxed out last year, i still dont know how he makes the moves he makes, or swishes jumpers. His movements look rough, but the ball travels softly, go figure...

7. CarlsDunkonOdom

Settle down, people. One of these teams is young, inexperienced, and still pretty damn good. And that team is going to get better and better with every game this year. If we've learned anything over the last few years, it's that the Rockets always make tremendous strides as the season progresses. Believe.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Interesting....but only from one season (2004-2005)

Also......I only saw one Rockets player on that list and that was....guess who Tracy Lamar McGrady.

McGrady is the closest thing to a clutch player this team has had since 2004.

It is what it is. No need to run around screaming how it isn't true when it is.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Actually, Landry outplayed Stoudemire. Landry got game high 27pts and 9rbs.

We didn't play badly tonight. If I have to pick up one, I think we lost because Nash outplayed AB+Lowry. And, that is not their fault. Nash is the best pg in the league.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Last minutes it should of been
    brooks
    ariza
    cbud
    landry
    andersen

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You can keep spouting the same crap over and over but fact is the Rockets are going to be a much better team if T-mac is healthy.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Brooks suck! Landry is bad player! Lowry should start over brooks! Those 13 assists were lucky plays and he shoot bad! Landry no play defense!

Let it begin :)

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

i just gave you a game where we blew out the suns WITH mcgrady and that's your response?

with a non-limping tmac, we'd blow this team out. the suns played man defense all throughout the 4th and we couldn't do anything offensively. a one-legged tmac would have beaten freakin' somebody off the dribble.

we may not need tmac (and that's your opinion), but we need someone like him.

unless we have a comfortable lead in the 4th, we're going to struggle to win games down the stretch.

14. eman

eman Member

Nice effort, but when Joey stepped on the court, as always, we were doomed. We need to play Bud more; heck, start him. We need to make Ariza a spot-up shooter--and onlyonly a spot-up shooter--in the half-court sets. Ariza's D is fine, but he's "creating" way too many turnovers when he dribbles. Nice assist game for Aaron, but Coach should tell him to just look to score the ball every set--he's more effective when he's aggressive. I'm not mad or demanding a trade. I still like these guys. Let's bounce back and win tomorrow.

15. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

That was 2004, closer to his prime. In 2009/2010, TSlack is nowhere near the athlete we was 5 years ago. He also hasn't adapted his game to either end of the floor (except by becoming a much worse defender).

16. Obito

Obito Member

QFT.
    10 characters.

17. Crudder

Crudder Member

You might be right in that he wouldn't hustle, which can be up for debate in my opinion. But the truth still remains - this team lacks someone with solid handles that can draw a double team, still make a good pass, or create his own shot. That person for this team may not be McGrady but it sure as hell isn't Ariza right now and that's one of the glaring holes in the roster.

18. rockets119

rockets119 Member

tslack is not even back yet
    you are on a mission already lol
    relax

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

By the way one other complaint I have about Ariza:

Shane, could you please teach him how to stay with his man when they cut hard to the game? They had a few open ones down there because Ariza kept getting lost on those picks. Same thing happened in Utah.

20. rocketsmetalspd

I hope you are right about this. TMac if cleared by the MRI should play against the Mavs on the 25th. No more excuses!!, it must come to an end by Monday.