1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Sixers 114, Rockets 105

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 16, 2011.

1. gatsby

gatsby Member

I'm willing to trade the following on our team except untouchables:

Battier
    Scola
    Hayes
    Martin
    Lowry
    Brooks
    Miller
    Budinger
    Hill
    Patterson
    Williams
    Smith
    Yao
    Adelman
    Morey

That leaves:

Oh....no one.

I am willing to trade anyone and everyone to completely rebuild and prepare our team for the next generation of basketball.

tm

1 person likes this.
  2. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Its the Philly game :rolleyes:

3. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

yes please... if thats happened i will attend my games now instead of selling them haha... what a waste of session holder this year

4. tmaculent

tmaculent Member

What happened to Courtney Lee? How come he didnt play tonight? Is he getting traded?

5. FullMetal Sage

You guys are funny after a loss to a bad/average team. No one played defense tonight, but that doesn't warrant everyone getting traded. I think you guys would kill yourselves if ya'll were Clippers fans :p

6. Rockets_4_life

he was just sick..

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!

8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I'm glad we lost, now it's time for Morey to change things up! Extreme Make over! In Morey we trust!

9. Roxs-Redemption

One Word: Disappointing :mad:

10. Roxs-Redemption

Rocket's aint a team without a trade and Courtney Lee not playing...Kyle Lowry has been "Clutch" all season so far. Rockets MIP: Kyle Lowry & (2nd month of the season till start of Feb: Chuck Hayes)

Just checked the box-score
    Why didnt T-Will and Ish SMith play?!?!?, there something really wrong with Rick Adelmen these days.. :confused: :eek:

You forgot 2 players

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Kevin Martin sold out tonight!

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I didn't get to watch the game.

If KM was playing bad, why did RA play him? Maybe KM wants to be traded.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We needed Courtney's defense on Lou and Holiday. When we had to go with Brooks/Budinger, Philly walked away from us.

We cannot survive even the worst of teams when one of Martin or Scola lays an egg. Just shows how bad we are. If Brooks is actually getting minutes and throwing up shots, we've got to have him, Martin, and Scola playing effectively to win. When one of those three throws up 10 + shots and they aren't hitting, it's almost an automatic loss.

We have no real scorers on this team outside of Martin/Scola/Brooks. Lowry, although he had a great game, is not a primary scorer. We need a third scorer that is much more efficient than Brooks and really more of a primary guy. We need a primary guy to score the ball, either at SF or at the 5. And we need a big 5 that can defend.

Twill???

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

This game is another reason why I just put no faith in the Rockets. Oh I long for the 50 win seasons of yesteryear with Yao and TMac ....

15. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

My recorder messed up so I have no "view" of the game. But I'm going to put this out there knowing full-well the "Defense Nazis" are going to march in with more of their rhetorical junk about +/- and Hayes and Battier.

MEM beat the Sixers on the previous night in spite of Rudy Gay going out of the game in Q2. MEM scored fewer points than the Rockets 105 - 102. But they held PHI to fewer points 91 - 115. Was it great MEM D? I doubt it and here's why.

The Sixers scored 48 points in the paint vs MEM and 50 vs HOU. The Sixers shot 44% from the field vs MEM and 46.4% vs the Rockets. On the defensive boards, the Sixers out rebounded MEM 31 - 26 and then were better than the Rockets by a 39 - 28 margin. The Sixers went top the FT line 26 vs MEM and 18 against HOU.

My doubts are the Defense Nazi's types ever got this far. The Sixers scored 115 and the conclusion was "we just don't play defense like we used to".

Remembering the DReb margin was -5 by MEM and -11 by HOU...let's think about transition O.

MEM outscored PHI in transition 18-10. Houston on the other hand was on the wrong side of a 22-18 margin. That's +8 to MEM and -4 to HOU.

The easiest points in the game are in transition. Not only the first wave but what mismatches have you created when the break turns into a half-court set. My strong suspicion...and Courtney Lee is evidence...is that it's NOT the level of D being played. It's having players who play on both sides of the ball. Both sides of the ball is especially meaningful on those nights when you clunk 23 blanks from behind the arc. (Compared to 8 for MEM).

After not having a WC Finals-level C, not having enough two-way players is the Rockets biggest weakness. In spite of what the "Fire Adelman" and "Defense Nazis" want to promote.

1 person likes this.
  16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I find it odd that the team reveals reports about trying to acquire upside, while at the same time benching the only players with any upside on the roster (T-Will, Patterson's PT is generally low, Hill).

Out of all the young guys on this team, the only one I see with a significant upside is Patterson. While Chuck was out, he showed flashes of what he could do. It was only 8 games, but he averaged over 19 minutes per game, and during that time had strong rebounding and offensive performances.

Since Chuck came back, his playing time has dropped drastically and on court performance has slipped as well. At this point in his career, Chuck is by far the better player, and works tirelessly to fine tune his game and improve. But RA has to figure out a way to work the lineup better, even if it means sitting Luis more.

I guess my point is that RA is still trying to have the best of both worlds- playing to win while bringing along the younger guys, its time for him to shift his philosophy to focus towards development a little more. Maybe it'll happen after the trade deadline...

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why are you looking at that 22-18 figure and concluding its a problem with transition offense and not transition defense? We scored 18 fast break points. If we averaged that many for the season, we'd rank 3rd.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/fastbreak-points-per-game

And that's despite us giving up such a high FG% and doing a poor job on the defensive boards.

18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

15/18 shooting, 36 pts.

I see no mention of Lowry's amazing game. Team crapped out otherwise.

19. Jdawg

Jdawg Member

I second this motion.

20. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Eric Snow fell asleep watching his team beat us and not one post on the whole board about it.