1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 99, Lakers 87

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 10, 2009.

1. milanose7en

milanose7en New Member

i think y'd better not to watch the game 5 and 6 :)

2. l2m4u

l2m4u Member

must win next one and we will go further

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I know some of you might just be satisfied with yesterday's win.. and there's no problem with that; we will be severely undermanned for the remaining best of 3 series..

BUT, I still believe our team can gut out a victory in Game 5 in LA--if Ron Ron shows up. If the Rockets can carry forward their euphoria and subliminal play from Game 4 to 5, they will have a chance to make "amazing happen" in this series.

Here's to hoping our players continue to step up, one at a time, until we "shock" the Lakers right out of the series..

Who will the next "amazing" happen to in Game 5?

Scola, Artest, Battier, Brooks, Lowry, Landry, Cook? Will White make a debut?

All I know is that this Rockets' team can either get severely beat down in Game 5, or take on a David v. Goliath attitude and go in for an unbelievable kill! LETS DO IT!

GO ROCKETS!

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I beg of you.. please do not watch Game 5.. for the Rockets man.

5. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

[​IMG]

6. AggieRocketFan96

This may already be posted, if so, please direct me to the right place. I've got a bad feeling that Laker Fan Joey Crawford will be officiating Game 5. If there was a ref beside Donaghy that has it for the Rockets its him. Anyway of knowing who the refs are for the next game?

7. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

brooks was crazy! no lakers pg can keep in front of him too fast..we won big witout artest scroing double digits. scola hustled like usual. battier came out wit 23 needed points because we neeed a big start in the game. just keep the same mindset on defense and the offense will come to u..

8. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

They don't announce the refs until the morning of game day.

9. axiao920

axiao920 New Member

u guys did a great job! go rockets!

10. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

You got to love Battier for not shaking his head & saying "He Can't Guard Me" - A gentleman & a scholar

11. ccada

. . and of all the games that I didn't record . . jeez. Can't say enough about that effort. Go Rox.

12. silent-sniper

silent-sniper Member

It's the most amazing game I'd ever seen, thank u all ,rocket warriors.
    to win game 5,we must change our strategy again, keep fighting Brooks, and we should fire another warrior---Artest. ruining them with our high speed attack and tough defence.

13. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I hope we play Wafer and Barry in Game 5.. mix it up and get another barrage going.

14. Cisko

Cisko Member

YES HE DID

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

This was something I never experienced at a rockets game before, there was so many emotions, you can just tell going in, everyone's mood was down, I even heard this guy complain bout paying $400 for tickets and now there is no Yao, half the lower bowl wasn't even in their seats yet close to tip off time, the energy was still there but definetely not as loud as game 3, everyone had counted them out and it would be lakers in 5....than we had the opening steal and ron laying it up for the first basket and that set the tone, than came the barrage of 3 pointers. Leading 17 -4 without Yao and seeing the building come to life, it was unreal...then when brookes made that alley oop to end the 3rd and have us up by 29, it was like a dream, the place went absolutley nuts, they were loud, they were hostile towards the lakers, loud booing everytime fisher or kobe had the ball, the taunting and laughing everytime they brinked it or Gasol missed a free throw, it was just incredible, I loved every minute of it...i ams so hoarse now this morning from yelling and screaming .... this was def. a game to remember.

16. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

You may want to change your signature because AB is the future

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I know, i was pissed I didn't set the DVR.

I recorded the replay on ESPN....and that was a JOKE!

They pretty much skipped the entire 2nd and 3rd quarters for "time constraints" and showed the Lakers comeback in the 4th. :rolleyes:

18. hmittal

hmittal Member

I know Adelman looked like he wanted to strangle Artest. Can anybody get Artest to stop shooting! Reminded of John Starks in 1993 Game 6 where he threw brick after brick and kept on shooting.

19. ccada

What a shocker. I'm surprised that they didn't just cut to Spike Lee's documentary on Kobe at the end of the first quarter . . . :D

Seriously though, do you (or anybody else for that matter) know of another replay? Will this game eventually be available on the "on demand" channel?

20. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

you mean in game 7 of the 94 finals where starks went 2 for 18?