1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 97, Nuggets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That was a BIG win. I don't care hoe we played (I didn't watch the game) but we won and we needed it.

This team is realy playing GREAT bball.

2. rage

rage Member

The Nuggets looked pretty bad most of the game. Besides Billup, Anthony, JR Smith, Anderson, the rest did not look like they want to play the game.
    I liked how Martin thumbed his chest after a dunk like he was some stud. That dude was all show and no substance.

The Rockets played tenacious defense all game. All the guys played hard even on a back to back. Of course Artest, Brook played real well. The rest did not do badly either. I don't know why people said Scola had a real bad game. He was a beast on the board. Yao had a decent game on offense, his presence created a lots of shots for others. He also stopped a lots of shots on defense. He did commit a dumb foul at the end, I attribute that to fatigue, maybe even lack of oxygen. Sometimes you can't think straight.

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

that game was hard to watch, very sloppy by both teams. between this and the narrow victory over phoenix, were getting it done by the skin of our teeth. it's gonna be a nerve-racking end of the season.

4. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

5. Yellever

Yellever New Member

Who is the leader of Rocket?

6. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

What? Typical Houston fan.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Honestly, i think we have the best chance out of all the western teams to beat the Lakers. we have the best two wing defenders in the league to defend Kobe, and we have Yao in the middle, who will give them trouble especially without Bynum. Why not?

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Nearly gave me a heart attack, kiddos!

Rockets, FTW!

9. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Man.. and talk about making plays down the stretch. We let them crawl back into the game (more like the refs did, but w/e). You have Battier with the huge offbalance 3 to put us up 7, then you have Hayes with the diving save when we were only a possession up.

This is an away game on the 2nd game of a back to back in Denver (a hard place to play in). I don't care what you say, this was a good game.

10. ThaShark316_28

Denver caught a huge break with us bricking more FTs than a Shaq and Chris Dudley in a one on one match. 30-35 for us would have meant a big time rout, seeing as that is what we would usually shoot. Great win for them Rockets!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

^^^^Seriously, who want it with them?!?!?!​

ROCKETS ALL DAY.

11. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

This is undoubtedly my favorite Rockets team in the past 5 seasons. I like EVERY SINGLE player on our roster at the moment. Few fans can say that about their own teams.

I'd like it even more if we had a healthy TMac mug up there, but we're doing just fine right now. GO ROX, KEEP IT UP BABY

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I saw the weird light in Artest's eyes again in last nite's game. I thought Artest was about to take out Kmart. Luckily, Deke grabbed Artest back. Afterall, Deke is paid for as a lockroom and sideline patrol.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, it sure would be nice if they could get consistent at it. I love that we seem to have turned into a team with a home court advantage, but they could get better on the road, for sure.

Man, Yao's goofy foul (when he fouled out) had me yelling at the TV. Scola's wasn't too smart, either, but not as bad. Argh!

14. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Does anyone have video of that Hayes diving save? Thats easily one of his best plays this season. That charge that ended the other Denver game is up there. The dude always seems to make big plays when it counts.

15. N2H4

N2H4 Member

Do we have lawyers here? Can I sue the team if they actually give me a heartattack??? haha, I'll take the win though.

Yao's last foul was absolutely stupid. But sometimes, you do things based on your instinction which in Yao's case, is to block the hell out of anyone trying to attack the basket. I guess its the lack of oxygen making Yao forget he had 5 fouls already....He's 7'6, the air he's breathing was probably even thinner...haha. And needless to say, his previous 5 fouls included a couple doubtful offensive fouls.

one last thing, Chuck's last save was just beautiful.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's around here, somewhere. That was freakin' amazing! :cool:

17. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

That was a hard-fought victory made possible by Chuck Hayes's dramatic diving save and Battier's cold-blooded 3-pointer. The thin air in Denver must have affected the Rockets players - missing 15 FTs, and both Yao and Scola fouled out after commiting some dump fouls. Von Wafer seems to be in a shooting slump right now.

18. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

I wonder if ESPN would show or highlight that diving save of Chuck?

19. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

I like the fighting ( no pun intended) spirit of Artest. It is that kind of fire and emotion that will win games.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

No but they showed the last made Shane shot

and the last second heave by Smith.