1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 95, Lakers 80

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 14, 2009.

1. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

Yeah, whatever motive he has, dude might've just jinxed the Fakers on his own effin words. :rolleyes: :D

2. HueyNewton

HueyNewton Member

Brian Cook will get his revenge!

3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

As Brooks goes, so goes the Rockets. I'm very proud of the guy who has grown tremendously since the playoff started. He used to give ONE good game out of THREE, so far, he had THREE good games out of SIX in this series, that's a sign of improvement of maturity, and consistency. When he starts give us 2 out of 3 good games, then he will be regarded as a very good player in this league.

4. kanariya

kanariya Member

Landry was huge. I love the explosiveness and that crazy and-1 dunk.

15pt 9reb 6-6fg and 2blks in 27mins.

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

ANDREW BYNUM

(on his play in the series) “I just try to stop the ball and grab rebounds. I don’t know what happened in the second half because I wasn’t out there. We need to win, it’s that simple. They just hit their shots tonight. Sunday we will be at home and we’ll feed off the crowd.”

Is it me or is this guy completely dumb? He didn't know what happened b/c he wasn't out there? I mean, you have eyes, right?

6. cshen

cshen Member

they should seriously give Landry a shoe deal!

7. ThaBlackKnight

Lakers off season moves: Get rid of Odom, Vuajic, Farmar and any other soft players they have. Find a new starting point guard for Fisher, give Pau some steroids, and send Bynum to the D-League.

Try to get some "pit bulls": Artest, Kmart, Danny Fortson, Kurt Thomas, Najera, Harpring, Stephen Jackson, Raja Bell, Brad Miller, and maybe even re-aquire Shaq, cuz if they don't, teams will just physically beat them until they give up.

I'm sure Jerry Buss and Kupchack will send one of these guys a lot of money or trade for them. This would be 4 years in a row now that if they will lose because they lacked toughness.

They couldn't beat a soft Suns team twice, but that Suns team was MUCH more talented, so I'll give them that.

Got embarrassed by the Celtics last year. Kobe continued to jack up shots, while Gasol was controlled by KG and Powe. Odom disappeared when the going got tough.

This year, they got taken to 7 games by a Rockets team that had Yao only til game 3, didn't have Deke, didn't have Tmac all year, and has a 6'6 starting center.

This has to be an embarrassment for the Lakers. I'm not taking anything away from the Rockets, but when you have a top 3 player in the NBA along with very versatile bigs and good shooters, this shouldn't be happening.

As for the Rockets, our defense is still our top key to winning game 7. Start out strong once again on defense, and continue to look for shots in the pain and inside the 3 point arc.

We can win with the shots we took last time. Game 4, we happened to hit those long shots, so we kinda got lucky in that game, but for the most part, I wasn't disappointed with shot selection last night.

Anothe key will be to take care of the ball. We only had 10 turnovers last night, so that was big. The lakers won't turn the ball over much, and our defense isn't one that causes many turnovers for them either. We will have a tough time on the glass with their bigs, but we have to limit their 2nd chance shots.

Brooks, Scola, Landry and Artest will all need to have good to great games from them. Brooks and Scola are our best bets. Scola may draw double teams now, so that may leave Battier open in the corner. They may also try a zone (unless Phil Jackson is too stubborn to do that). Aaron Brooks will be the most important player offensively. He'll have to show up on the road.

I think Game 7 is very winnable, but the Lakers will be sharper, especially Kobe and Gasol, so we have very little margin for errors. Good luck Rockets, no matter what happens, this was a fun ride!!

8. houseofglass21

The problem is when the Lakers are scoring more than 100 points we are in trouble. All our wins in the series have been when they were kept below 100 I believe.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Doesn't the 'I WASN'T OUT THERE' sound like a shot at the ZenMaster?

Rocket River

10. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

I watched this game twice....caught the re-run at 2 AM. I was so hammered I almost started crying I was so happy. Then I called my Mom at 4:30 AM when the re-run was over and talked to her about the game for a half hour completely wasted. (I am in college)

Awesome game. Awesome win. No so awesome decision making ability on my part.

Man I love this team.

When I'm wasted is wear amazing happens.

11. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

WHAT A CLOWN. SERIOUSLY. I mean I'd be really really mad if I wasn't as strikingly handsome and gifted with the game of basketball as Luis Scola too, but come on man...handle it with class.

We all know it isn't your fault that Luis's haircut is obviously better. He just has that certain flair that you lack. Don't get all down on yourself Sasha.
    "Sasha's a girls name."- Charles Barkley
    Just because the entire NBA nation (and probably you're own teammates) refer to you is Vujabitch behind your back doesn't mean you have to publicly shame yourself by talking trash when the game is OVER to one of the CLASS ACTS to ever grace the basketball court with his presence.

Hey, Sasha....**** YOU.

12. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Second.

I've been making it rain at the bar all too often during the playoffs.

13. GMNot

GMNot Member

Arguing with yourself again? :confused:

14. Baller5x

Baller5x Member

I am fan of the Rockets from California. Morey did a great job getting these players around their stars. Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

He did the same thing to Rafer last year at the Rockets 22nd win. And Rafer did not react as nice as Shane. And get extra point on Lakers. :D
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Z_F9Zzyi6U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Z_F9Zzyi6U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And Kobe showed the same face on the bench again this year. ;)

Signed
    NOLANOLA

16. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

^
    ^
    ^
    Sasha's !@#$ can't take Skip's shake 'n bake. :D

Welcome to the NBA Sasha.

17. Chinesexiaohai

如果火箭第七战了,我绝食36小时~~~哈哈

18. fanwq