1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 95, Lakers 80

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 14, 2009.

1. l2m4u

l2m4u Member

YEAH GAME 7! where beat LA happens

2. StevieCrossover

more rockets = more beer = less money

3. dejamike

dejamike Member

good morning guys........i slept GOOOOOOOOOD last nite :D

4. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

GM7 See you guys in LA :p kobe

5. TheRaven

TheRaven Member

I was happy to see Stern drag his lame ass out to the game so he could have a chance for a photo op when the Lakers won last night...
    "And here's a shot of David Stern and Phil Jackson taking a shower together..."

6. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

Lakers don't want to see a Game 7 :D

[​IMG]

7. SynergySin

SynergySin Member

I watched the game online at ESPN360 and I cannot begin to tell you guys how unbelievably PROUD I am of this team right now. I almost came to tears at the end of the game.

Win or lose in game 7 (I'm hoping for a win!! but I can't watch, have to work) I cannot believe how much pure HEART this team has. It's truly inspiring to see the team's heart make its appearance in full glory tonight, and I think it is truly opening the eyes of the nation right now. We're front page everywhere: ESPN, NBA.com, Yahoo news. It seems like EVERYONE has opened to their eyes to our team and I have to say I think the team truly deserves it.

No matter what happens, after tonight's performance I ABSOLUTELY DEMAND that Scola, Brooks, Landry, Lowry ALL get contract extensions. I would be proud to have them on our squad for the rest of their careers!

8. VanityHalfBlack

The more the boys in red win, I have an excuse to go to the bar and drink myself to sleep, vomiting on oneself to a point of almost alcohol poison...

9. VanityHalfBlack

If everyone is healthy and injury free, Rockets will win the Championship in 2010...

10. battousai

battousai Member

we have the formula to beat LA, we just need to execute it right and be patient. I demand a fair game on sunday and PLEASE NO JOEY CRAWFORD as ref.

Is joey crawford is in for game 7, then our season is over. NBA and stern wants LA to win.

11. macmackal

macmackal Member

i think we are last year's atlanta hawks. underdogs and brought the celtics to game 7. but think about it. how would it look for yao and tmac if we do beat a championship caliber team? its gonna make them look useless. and i think david stern will not let that happen plus if la loses. they are gonna lose one of the biggest fan bases in the nba, again, stern will not allow that. just another reason why the nba is rigged. BUT. if the rockets do win. it will be a big reason for people to start watching more of the nba cause anything can happen.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

It's funny how everyone in California and probably a lot of other places look at the Lakers like they played an embarrassing game in games 1, 4, and 6. That may be partially true but I don't see anyone really giving the Rockets respect or the proper credit. They point at the Laker's failures. They don't point at the Rockets like we played a great game. Apparently, the only reason we won games in this series is because the Lakers failed to compete or play. Do people forget that, to win, you have to play defense and put the ball in the whole? We've done that better than they have 3 games in this series. Our supposed no-name players have stepped up and played like great players at times and not-so-great during some of our losses. Lakers may be more talented and all that crap but we're no slouches (even though alot of people think this and Lakers should have swept us or something). Apparently, a lot of people just don't know the Rockets. We are actually pretty good team players who overcome adversity and injuries to compete on the floor with whomever we put out there.

I'm just tired of reading about it as it is all what the Lakers didn't do. What about what we did do? Like Kobe said, we are not a chump team. I think the Lakers players do respect us. I still don't see that at all from Lakers fans. They are just as arrogant as they were before the series started. Oh...Rockets couldn't possibly beat these super-talented Lakers. Well...we did. So, SHOW US SOME DAMN RESPECT. WE TOOK THESE GAMES FROM THE LAKERS BY OUTPLAYING THEM. WE ARE A PRETTY GOOD TEAM EVEN WITHOUT DEKE, TMAC, AND YAO. OH...BUT THE LAKERS DIDN'T DO THEIR JOBS. WHATEVER!!!

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The fellas showed up alright. Scola was dominating them early, and smartly we kept working it around to get him the ball.

Landry came in off the Bench as was huge on offense getting us second chance points and scoring well.

Artest didn't shoot so great, but he played within the system and except for a few plays didn't go Steve Francis and just dribble around and dominate the ball for the whole possession.

Brooks was solid throughout. He made smart plays, and was able to feed the right guys and keep the balance within the team throughout.

It was a magical spectacle to see our team out there playing so hard, and everyone doing their part.

14. Aeron2009

Aeron2009 Member

I really don't expect much about the game 7,strongly wish that it won't be game 5.Fortunately,I am not available in Sunday afternoon,I don't need to suffer the great pressure.weather rockets win the game 7 or not,I surport rockets doggedly.GO ROCKETS!!!

15. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

Gotta love Bynum Defense :D

[​IMG]

16. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

17. E-Man

E-Man Member

The Lakers have been exposed. We're exposing the Lakers weakness and more. I just hope Game 7 is not a blowout and a close game instead. Wouldn't mind a Ralph Sampson mircale shot from the Rockets to reach the West Finals. :p

18. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

"We're going to Boston....We're going to Boston!!!!" :eek:

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

what is the lakers' excuse this time? "oh jeckle and hyde, they just came out flat, didn't take it seriously" for real lakers?? 3 times now??? Wonder if we will start getting some F******* credit! go rockets, lets embarass them in game 7!

20. NBilities

NBilities Member

今天比赛很精采
    第一节一开始打得湖人找不到北
    湖人是科比一人打火箭五人
    一根手指再强也打不过一个拳头

Today's game was wonderful
    1st quarter was started by 17-1