1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Mavericks 86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tangshuo

tangshuo Member

Yao didn't get enough rest before geting back in 4th and got frustrated by some calls.

This shouldn't be a close game. Refs made it.

2. conquistador#11

- welcome back shane. Just like superman, all battier needed was to go the sun and heal. His latteral quickness is back and so is the hand to the face.

- scola just continues to mentally punish the opponent. he was getting under the skin of dirk and the rest of the mavs.

- i love hubie and like everyone on the board he forgot that tmac was on the rockets. :p

- great game for brooks. Reminds me of Tony longoria. Sure he's going to turn the ball over every now and then, but he can just do so much.

3. Chiron

Chiron Member

My First Post...Great Game! I want a AB jersey.

4. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Scola was great tonight but it is battier who guarded Dirk the best. Dirk never got into a rythm because battier guarded him

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lowry's fouls will go down when he gets used to the team. I'm very happy that AB is regaining some confidence.

6. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

YAO played too much time ,he needed to rest.!

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

A lot of obvious uncalled fouls, but there were several offensive 3 second violation that should have been called on Yao, but weren't.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This Game was the summary in the first half then This Team became something else. Something Strong, gritty and played hard.

9. Exiscion

Exiscion Member

Brooks has validated, at least for tonight, the organization's confidence in him.
    I hope that he will cut down on those unforced turnovers by playing more in control.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

Still some stupid passes whether or not he was tired.

And he'll have less time once Landry comes back.

11. esteban

esteban Member

Don't feed this troll rocketsmetalspd, he(Ubigred) is a known and confirmed hardcore Yao hater!

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think he had two charges, probably tried to do too much there, but i think he gave us a nice idea of what he'll bring.

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Hubie is the greatest commentator ever. This guy is right on the money with everything, he sees all the little things and points out really the things that you were thinking right at that moment, for example when AB was running like a chicken with his head cut off, when Artest & Wafer were forcing it, when Yao didn't get enough touches, how Scola should get more shots (within a minute he got a pass from AB and knocked it down) and his sidekick is great too. These dudes need to do the Finals and they were not talking about Dallas all the time, they were calling what they were witnessing and 90% of the times on the money in reference to calls too (the elbow by Yao etc).

Lowry can look back on a nice debut especially considering he didn't know anything coming in so made a couple of mistakes with passes and defensive assignments but very good overall. Aaron Brooks didn't play terrific but that's what makes the stats even better. It was a very sloppy game but we showed poise and had a huge comeback so I'm proud of this team. Battier knocked down the threes, they played defense in the third which totally killed the Mavs momentum, Artest was key with rebound, Scola definetly had the best game of all even though Aaron made that three. Yao was okay but should get WAY more touched, like Hubie pointed out, Yao only gets 13 shots per game and is still 19 ppg !!! This guy needs to get a touch everytime down and Artest & Wafer need to stay way more within the offense.

Crucial win, thank you Rockets and thanks for the crowd by finally showed up !!!! They showed great emotion with the blown calls, the great plays and gave a Lowry a nice applause !!! Welcome to Houston Kyle and Brian of course

14. bulk

bulk Member

Great come back, greate battle.

Still, for play-off there're problems to be solved, such as pg defense and clutch time offense plan (was there one?).

15. deion_se

deion_se Member

And yeah, the coach should have to figure out how we defense Pick and Roll. That's been killing us.

16. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Member

what **** is wrong with those haters?
    which part of "we won" you dont understand?

get a life.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Very good TEAM win, everyone played good in different stretches of the game, to cover for other teammates stretches of bad play.

18. platy

platy Member

just ignore him. thr guy has always been hating on yao even when he has good numbers and we won. some people need to get a life and enjoy thr win. quit drinking the haterade.

19. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

seriously, guy, just because AB hit biggest shot in the game, that does not cover his terrible job on starting PG, i mean get beat by Beara? sick, i have to say , AB better grow fast in term of control the game tempo, run the offense plan, otherwise we're going nowhere. i mean it.

20. landryfans

landryfans Member

loser