1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 93, Magic 83

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dayao

dayao Member

good win!!! go for 3rd seed

2. ahess99

ahess99 Member

Yao with 0 turnovers. Very good to see

3. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

just a great win

4. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Haha, how insightful? :p

Anyways, this game was GREAT to see. From Yao's dominance over Dwight, to the overall game by the Rockets, this was definitely a message to the other 29 teams in the league.

The only thing I had a problem with was Artest's shot selection. Yes, Ron. We know you can bully your way to the basket. But to take a gambled shot, instead of driving and dishing is just boneheaded. That +17 rating is incorrect.

Yao is the best center in the game. He even had that pest Gortat fronting him the whole time Gortat was in there. Then Howard started fronting. I really do not know how people can sit there, see Howard dominate the weak ass Eastern conference, and call him the best center over Yao, who has to take care of the better crop of big men from the west.

Was Landry seriously shot in the leg? Nothing from his game seemed like he was hampered at all. He is so darn consistent with Scola, that Carluis Scolandry can seem to still be a hustling monster to deal with.

Wafer again provided instant offense. But, more importantly, he provides SO much energy that gives an uproar to the crowd.

Anyways, that ends my rant. :)

5. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Orlando fans fearing Detroit. hehe.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yao ming found a way to beat fronting, get more offensive rebounds. great win deight howard destroyed once again

7. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Damn, I am glad to see landry back...good win rockets
    '

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Contender my a$$. Although it wasn't a 20 points blow out, we pretty much controlled the game from minute 1 to 48. Not much pressure was put the Rockets. Yao hooked DW to death in the first quarter, we kind of cruised through. It's not like Rockets are putting up incredible shots, we are just a better team. I don't want to argue whether Yao is better than Howard, but one on one, DH doesn't have a chance. This game was kind of boring, not even as exciting as the Portland one.

Comparing to previous 6 years, we have a serious bench now. Good things are going to happen in playoffs. But, Ron needs to calm down.

9. chonox

chonox Member

yao with the pull up J off the dribble haha, couldnt get the ball inside so trying turnaround fadeaways from the elbow and crap, pretty funny to see

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

someone has to carry the Steve Francis torch of over dribbling.

Yao's TOs are really down over the last 10 games or so.

11. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

MAD props to Landry for coming back and playing since three weeks. Loved the energy and hustle he brought off the bench.
    Also, YAO MING! Thanks for owning DHoward again en route three straight 50 win seasons!
    GO ROCKETS!

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mark Jackson will never admit it.Yao is still better than D.Howard despite the latter's all world athleticism and size.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

kings up next, Martin is injured...then GS....with SA playing portland and Utah next, we may have the #2 soon..

14. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

Very happy for the win.

Things we have to work on the future:

Ron Artest has to stop chucking shots. 6-21 ppl :mad: . Yes, we all want you to be aggressive. But it annoys me when you continue to make jumpshots in the 2nd half when you're obviously out of rhythm. Dont act like you're Bryant :rolleyes:
    Why weren't you attacking the rim. If I remember correctly you took a McGrady-esque shot in the last minutes of the game and clanked out. Play smart buddy.

I like Von Wafer but seriously, this guy acts like he's Tmac. Love how he does not quit but c'mon, it's embarassing when you force a shot and see it miss. Otherwise, love that you're hardworking.

Good to see Landry play. Yao cannot play under pressure . Mutombo still has it.

In all else, good defensive effort by the Rox. AKA boring game. Wasn't surprised by the outcome. This game did prove we are not solely a 3 pt shooting team unlike Orlando. They took 25+ 3 pointers wow. Talk bout live by the trey
    Good thing, our offense is very multifaceted. I think this game proves we have the Magic's number. This does not mean we are elite but we match up well with them.

YAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>DHoward :)

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well there will be about 10 plus response, responding to this post angrily.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Where are the DHoward is better than Yao? Yao is getting ready for the playoffs. Just win the next 4 games and the 3rd or 2nd spot is for the taking.

17. turtlefan

turtlefan New Member

nice win!!
    yao owned dwight once more !!

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Was Chuck on the bench today? Hope he is fine.

19. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

I hope by 1-2 you mean 1 out of 2 :)

20. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

How can people compare Yao and Howard when Howard practically admitted that he can't guard Yao when he started fronting