1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis -- Rockets 91, Hornets 82

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You are the biggest liability when it comes to making irrelevant and bashing posts. In other words, you fail and failing. Yao haters will not be pleased with you, they don't like having their points refuted by somebody who attempts to bash the very player they hate.

Seriously though, enjoy the win, or GTFO.

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I saw that too this probably means that you can take T-mac out early in the 1st quarter and when Yao and artest come off the floor at the end of the 2nd you can put tracy back in with the reserves

3. pacmania

pacmania Member

Actually a glimpse of how good we could be was when we were up sixteen against the lakers. Yao was scoring in the post, rafer was hitting outside, artest was locking down and getting steals, tmac was in a rythm and Luis was hustling all around.

Somehow things went south : Yao couldn't punish Bynum in the low block, rafer missing wide open shots, artest and tmac committing turnovers and Luis tentative.

4. sn09

sn09 Member

Man i hope no-one takes your posts seriously, because they aere jsut pathetic. There's Yao haters, and then there's you. At least others can recognise and acknowledge when Yao does well but with YOU, you jsut make crap up that isn'tt even there just to hate on him. Yao's boxing out is the REASON why others get the boards. seriously watch the damn game objectively next time, for the sake of the board.

5. cadet65

cadet65 Rookie

Wow! You're still not banned yet?

6. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

trade head

7. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

im sure they have been trying its just not that easy

8. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Have to not let the Lakers get their 3-point shooting game going. Once they get on a run like that they're hard to stop when you've got all those guys capable of hitting the 3. Stay at home on D.

9. jackeyok2

jackeyok2 Member

Man,I can't wait batman come back and re-sign Deke.

with this banch:AB, RON,Landry,Deke.They can blow out every game.

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

my POG goes out to Von Wafer.

compare Von Wafer's performance to Ron Artest and you will find that Von Wafer has played half as many minutes and scored as just as much as RonRon.

Field Goals Rebounds
    pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
    R.Artest F 36:01 3-10 1-3 3-4 +6 0 4 4 7 1 0 0 1 0 10
    V.Wafer 17:21 4-6 2-3 0-0 +4 0 2 2 0 2 1 1 0 1 10

either make RonRon improve his shot or put him on the bench and let Von do some of the work.

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Just play physical defense on Gasol, and Odom and the Lakers crumble. They're such a soft team. Gasol is an A-Class wimp.

12. steam03

steam03 Member

Are you cracking jokes..ahahhah

First you compare Ron to Von like Von is some big shot
    Then you bs solely based on numbers that show up on nba.com
    Then you make a judgment call based on 1 game
    Then you concluded with benching Ron and let Von replace him

That's fail x 4

Do you not know how to spell defense? Does that stat tell you what lineup Ron was playing against and what lineup Von was playing against during those minutes? ...etc etc

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he does deman double teams. why do you think they jack up a ton and make a ton of 3s. i don't think stan van gundy likes them to make contested 3s.

dwight draws double teams, but he's not good enough to score over them b/c he has zero post moves (like fading away from the double like dream used to do...). he's still a great player though

14. laneh

laneh Member

Wafer played well. He is a stronger and more consistent player than Luther Head...

Luther doesn't fit on this squad. He did a few years ago, but this year I feel like he is lost.

15. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

great win for the Rockets... I feel that Von Wafer did a great job in that game and he has a very good shooting range. I just wish he could get more playing time so he can show the league what he is made of and what he can do for our team. :)

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree. Usually when you play bbal you only get better in years and improve in every aspect of the game. But Luther seems to get only worse in his ballhandling skills. He just can't do that, CAN'T.

He also can't pass. His passes are lazy as Clyde and Bill said. T-Mac, Ron make sharp passes. Luther doesn't care. Great that Rafer is back for tomorrows game and hopefully luther will not play.

17. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

The only reason we won this game is because of JFG defense. Our offense is just not working for us at the moment. We are currently around 9 pts below are last years average (estimate). This tells me one of two things. One, they need time to build the chemistry and figure each other out or two Adelman is just not the right coach for our system.

18. t_mac1

i think playing the big 3 in the starting lineup really kills our offense. we really have 3 1-on-1 player at the same time and that isn't gonna work.

when shane returns, i expect our offense to be much better.

19. weidong082004

weidong082004 Member

Stupid T-Mac lovers, do you know how many boards did TC get yesterday and how many boards did Duncan get the day before yesterday? We beat
    the hornets on boards with 41-35. Is it important Yao got the boards other than scola or T-Mac?

20. t_mac1

it's not. but it's better that yao establishes the paint that he cleans up the boards and alters shots. in the playoffs v. bigger teams, we're going to need that from yao (ala game 7 v. utah a few yrs ago).

it's like does it matter if yao or tracy score 2 points or 20 points if the team wins. no it doesn't matter. but it's better that those 2 establish themselves as dominant scorers b/c in the playoffs, the better players usually are the ones who better step up.

get it?