1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis -- Rockets 91, Hornets 82

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. The Brian

The Brian Member

by the all star break with battier back and our team getting used to each other, we will be rolling.

2. yamingx

yamingx Member

hahahaha, just let you know we won, and Yao played very good today.

3. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

hornets didnt want us to hold them to their lowest point total so they decided to crack in a few extra pts in the last few minutes. theres a reason david west hit a 3 instead of a 2, and one of htose reasons is cuz hes on one of my fantasy teams so thank you for the extra 3pter i will get this week david west.

im thinkin since our team isnt at full strenght right now, whenever we're on back to backs the team wont play that hard the first game but the 2nd they wil? or the first game is a good team and the 2nd team isnt good?

its the first month and a tought month as usual. dont think that the rox are the only team that would do somethin like this. every team does wierd stuff. celts played w/ their rotation during the playoffs so its w/e.

kinda strange how ron cant hit his open shots. that **** better be goin away cuz we dont wanna see that.

hwo bout von wafer? maybe htis guy can be like luther when he got on the team. another shard 3pt shooter on the team w/ some size. our wing depth is crazy good.

did anyone else get confused when the commentator said "wafer" in the begginning? always sounded like "rafer"

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

A game like this, or the one in Phoenix, makes a strong case that our team is otherwise underachieving. Physically capable but mentally lax.

Next question: Is this good or bad news? I say good.

5. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Yeah, I noticed that too...

6. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

uhhhh... was that the hornets?

we made them look bad. or at least just average.

refs missed quite a few calls... I was yelling "foul!" half the game.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Great game for Houston. Of course McGrady was terrific in the 1st half, Yao was good in the 2nd half. I love the was Von played and I still think we need to get rid of Luther. Brooks was impressive, especially holding Paul for 2/10.

But the key was defense. We played phenomenal defense, just PHENOMENAL. We closed out the paint, we played great team defense making is tough for everybody on their team.

Good win.

8. lalala902102001

Good bounce back win after the disastrous loss last night.

9. thunder03

thunder03 Member

couldnot watch the game, how was Wafer doing?

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

wow...von was beasting...and i was happy for luther...

11. yamingx

yamingx Member

I noticed Brook did not attack the rim like last game. That is good sign. Rocket do not need he become our main offense power because we have big three. I like his efforts on defensing CP.

12. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

how bout the defense too? cp3 struggled, i literally forgot about peja till the middle of the 2nd quarter.

even tho rons strugglin hes makin it up w/ the assists.

13. newcandy

newcandy Member

week record: 2-2
    Not too bad considering against:
    Lakers
    Suns
    Spurs
    Honets

14. rocketmsm

rocketmsm Member

what rumor?

15. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Oh yeah, the Rockets had a good game today, so Yao is the greatest. :rolleyes: ..I'm not a Yao hater, just a Yao realest, he's not the best....

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Well, the big three are all working through issues right now and they are still without Battier. I guess you could say they are physically limited at the moment with Yao, McGrady, Rafer and Battier rounding into basketball shape and healing up. The Rockets are still trying to figure out how to incorporate Artest, so that accounts for a lot of the adjustment time on offense.

I think having Artest, Brooks, Scola, Hayes and Wafer coming off the bench will be a killer second unit. I would prefer to have Landry start because he's so athletic and can find openings for McGrady to get him the ball. I am excited at the possibilities of having a shock troop, ball hawking defensive unit with Artest, Battier and Hayes on the court together...they could be awesome. Actually, when McGrady is working on defense he can really be disruptive, too. Battier is an ideal player with Yao and McGrady, so I think we won't see the true capability of this team until after the All Star break.

17. lysports007

lysports007 Member

lots of ugly turnovers, but still great great defense!

18. lalala902102001

Sorry but I'm not impressed. I don't consider the Suns (old) and the Spurs (missing two key players) as elite teams now. Tonight was a good win against the Hornets but they are on a back-to-back (same as us). And we got destroyed by L.A.

I want to see some consistency out of the team. We have the talents to do that. Is it too much to ask?

19. FFz

FFz Member

On nba tv steve smith says he's a well done when Kamla said medium rare... DAMN even Cheryl miller is more of a man than steve smith!

Good game rockets... Good to know our defense is still there. The coaches had a great game plan for today on the defensive end. The players did a SPECTACULAR job executing the gameplan.

A lot of players showed improvement. Scola's defense was amazing. AB played great defense. Luther played great defense and did well when he didn't try to do too much (aka make a pass). Chuck hayes was a monster on the defensive end. Wafer stroked that ball. Damn i love his game.

Big 3 did a great job running the team and leading. Man Ron has filled the battier role and more! This team will be sick when Battier returns! BATMAN RETURNS!

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It is, if you're the type that thinks we're doomed