1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Thunder 77

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This game's mvp is Yao! I don't understand why people cannot see it!

His low fg% is because he was always doubled because other players couldn't make a shot. More importantly, he protected the paint!!! He is the big reason why the rockets can hold the thunders at 77pts!

2. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Ron is strong, you don't have to worry about him as much as you have to worry about Yao and Tmac. However I really think people should stop complaining about leaving Yao out there. We cannot just let Yao rest because we are afraid. Yao is probably the only guy who can demand a presence down low against the numerous 7 footers of the Thunder.

3. FanfromJaysCity

3 zip. ugly game though but a win is a win. artest can play all the time he wants, adamentium bones arnt gonna break any time soon but yao does need to play less.

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Fugly game but a win.

Our starting lineup is relatively unathletic at every position. With that group, we need to limit TOs, execute the offense well and take good shots. If we get sloppy with that unit, despite having our Big 3, we will get killed in transition, especially against the most athletic teams.

If we want to pick up the tempo, Brooks and Landry need to be in the game.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I don't think you guys realize, with all this stuff to complain about, we still won by 10+ points. That means we are so strong that even when we aren't playing our best, we beat teams handily.

This team is so strong and so deep that we win even when there is room for improvement.

And we aren't even healthy yet.

6. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

His low FG% is because he's too soft. Then again, he'd get injured if he played more aggressively. Sigh.

7. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

Yao player of the week?

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Battier will help spell Artest when he gets back so dont worry too much about his minutes.

9. Lovemachine2000

I don't think we should worry about Yao staying in shape. Playing 7-8 extra minutes per game doesn't keep a player in shape, maintaining a regular diet plus weight and cardiovascular training does. No one should worry about Yao keeping up with either diet or personal training.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Slap youself!!! :mad:

11. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Carl landry was the one who steppedup when the game was on the line. he gave us that breathing gap. what are you talking about. clearly the mvp was landry

12. Lovemachine2000

Ron's minutes will go down once Battier returns, Yao, on the other hand...

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

It was great to see Tracy lead us in scoring I think hes getting better after every game cant wait to see him 100% healthy.

Landry was the man tonight a double double in less than 30 mins I love it baby.

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am talking what I saw!!!

Of course, Carl was good too!

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nice to get alot of rest before the big Tuesday game. Can't wait for that one!

16. Arvid

Arvid Member

Saying this is unfair to Yao. Landry played well in this game and give him kudos. But in most cases, he just knocked down wide-open jumpers and dunked the ball off a good pass. The reason why he had those opportunities is that defenders never would leave Yao (same theory applies to Scola too). Yao got blocked most because there were other defenders coming from weak side or behind. If MVP Landry (or Scola) can ever provide the same offensive threat as Yao, that type of help won't come this easily. In addition, Yao did anchor the defense in the 4th quarter and prevented the game from becoming a dunk/layup drill for the Thunders.

17. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

yes, it was ugly. but a win's a win. i just can't wait 'til the rox start running adelman's offense. i hope we start quickly tuesday after 2 days of practice, cause we can't play like we did 2nite and beat the old champs.

18. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

We shot 36% and won by 12. That's impressive. If we shoot half-way decent we'll blow opponents out.

19. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

We need keep the TO in check. We could have control the game by 3rd QT if we had less TO and Yao and Artest could have rested during 4th QT.

20. SaYwaH

SaYwaH Member

well atleast ill sleep well for another couple of nights!