1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Celtics 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2009.

1. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

same here, I was as mad as hell and I decided not taking that anymore, and it worked
    Peter Finch ftw :D

2. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I thought the same ;)

3. 1individual

1individual Member

Same here, the last time i watched a rox game was a month ago.

4. ibm

ibm Member

i am saying, yao needs to be established early and often in the game - just to be effective. it's better this way for the team (and his individual stat line as well :cool: ). and this essentially is the difference b/w the 76ers game and tonight.

you are saying, yao has his problems. sometimes he's not that good because of this or that. (and you said mcgrady's bball iq is way higher than yao's.)

not exactly on the same page, are we? round cans, square kegs.

5. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

Watch your words, 戆都

6. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

In that case, Hayes is unreplacable.
    So is Artest.

7. theREALDEALkid

We win one game without T-Mac and now we are better without him all of a sudden, wut about the other games we lost when T-mac wasn't playing, were we better then too?

it just that all of our players played well, and once again played to the level of the competition, idk wy, butwhen we play elite teams we compete like an elite tem, but whem we play mediocre teams we play like one.

I wouldn't say we're better without T-Mac, Yao just found his shot, he went to his turnaround jumper instead of that flick hookshot he always does. Whenver Yao uses his fadeaway he gets better results, idk y he doesn't all the time. Yao got the same shots that he does when T-Mac plays except today he made them. If T-Mac can come back and contribute with the rest of the team we'll be even BETTER WITH T-MAC, than we are without him

8. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

Lol. Haha, so do I.

9. arthur2010

arthur2010 Member

so did i !!!:p :p :D

10. arthur2010

arthur2010 Member

you moron, 瘪三

11. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

perkins could never stopped yao. It was the refs who stopped yao letting the tiny lit perkins got away with pushing yao around with 2 arms 50 billion times during last game. Thank gawd they called this time.

12. ibm

ibm Member

"You cannot go into this game and give up a basket and drag your head down and start looking at your teammates," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "You got to play. You got to compete. You can't feel sorry for yourself."

i could be wrong, but this feels like pointing to mcgrady as well.

13. YAOandMSC

YAOandMSC Member

I finally saw it!Latest time Roy broke it...

14. kwng

kwng Member

Good win after two terrible loss. I hope we continue with the intensity that we showed in this game. Anyway, what happened to Rafer or more like his shots?

15. kejohn

kejohn Member

Lately, it seems Artest not playing at full strength is a bigger factor in whether the Rockets win than the absence or presence of McGrady.
    I would like to see a change in roles: start Artest, Yao and Brooks and bring Alston and McGrady off the bench. McGrady certainly has spurts of good play, but he can't sustain it for an entire game. If he played 10 minutes each half with the second unit, I think he would be more effective than he has been lately as a starter.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I still cannot belive, it was A BIG WIN. Hopefully it will turn this season around and will give MORE CONFIDENCE to this team.

Everybody is saying that we are better without T-Mac. Hell now, the problem is defense. If we had played like that in Philly we would have won big.

This game was all about defense, PHENOMENAL. Anf for the the biggest player of this game is not Yao, Wafer or Aaron. It is CHUCK HAYES. Well done, sir.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jeff,

Everyone makes mistakes on defense but if they play with effort they usually recover, against Philly Tmac was HORRIBLE on defense, he failed to rotate to protect his teamates all night long.

Now you replace him with Ron Artest and look what happens, a guy who plays defense, and immediatly, just one guy....made all the difference.

85 points by the Celtics, are you kidding me????? Tmac has to committ to playing defense too.....or he sits....his days of prima dona ship are over.

DD

18. battousai

battousai Member

If I am Alderman, I will make some changes after this game.
    here are things that I would change.

-Tell Tmac to take as much time as he needed to rest his injuries. Tmac's in and out is hurting the chemistry of this team. Just sit him til he can play.

-Place Brooks as our starter, I think he runs better with our starter than our second unit.

-I think Artest still plays better leading our second unit and we don't need Brooks there as our second unit have enough firing powers. Alston with his passing skills suit better.

-play hayes in the 3rd or 4th quarter depends on situation, but his kid can D.

-ask berry to shot more, he is too hestitate to shoot and he's our best 3pt shooter.

-start berry over von and play von in 4th quarter to bounce out the teams.

19. monica

monica Member

keep on!!!

20. shyconan

shyconan Member

This is just a game! ! !