1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Blazers 88

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ludingji

ludingji Member

yao should have an all round performance, a better performance than today. cuz he has the potential. and he has no other options. this is a team supposed to be around him. he should demand the ball and take more shots or make excellent passes which requires basketall IQ. sometimes, he should drive to the basket; then he makes a change to take a fadeaway shot. then a hook shot. he gotta use all he has.

2. doggfrenzy2

doggfrenzy2 Member

lmao blazers fans were all over the refs right now :D :D
    I just want to say they were too spoiled by the refs for not calling the hacking and grabbing against Yao in the game 2 and 3.

3. LCII

LCII Member

Just thankful Adelman went with Lowry to finish the game. A big factor in why we won.

4. tredecimal

tredecimal New Member

Hey, I know there's one more win to go, but I just wanted to throw this out, mainly because I feel certain you'll hear or read some professional commentator say it in the days to come:

if there is *any* team in the West that has a hope of beating the Lakers, it's the Rockets. No one can stop Kobe, but the Rockets make him work harder than anyone. Gasol and Bynum will need to worry more about Yao than vice-versa. The Lakers depend on the former's offense too much to let him play particularly hard or foul quick like Przybilla or Odom did this series. Bynum is still physically brittle and not playoff seasoned, and as the Celtics showed last year, you can beat on the Lakers and make 'em buckle like a belt.
    Try and goad Kobe into 1 on 5 and every perceived advantage becomes just that, perceived. That bench is overrated. Odom is nice, but I will take Wafer & Mandry over "Machine" and Jordan Farmar.

d-d-d-d-d-on't...don't...believe the hype. It won't be easy, I don't like our chances as compared to years' past or other Lakers teams, but if we get to round 2, it is *not* a foregone conclusion.

5. earth

earth Rookie

Rox will have one game before they wrestle against lakers. Where is Ron's FGM? He has to play big from now on!!!!!! X factor of Rox will be Lowry and Wafer in round 2.

6. sxp19820606

sxp19820606 Member

refs in tonight remind me its our home here! :D

7. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

I would add Lowry to the list.

8. earth

earth Rookie

Rox 4:2 Lakers in the 6th game. Is it possible?

9. Benny

Benny Member

goddam ron artest 5/20! REALLY????????????????????????????? :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

10. subzor

subzor Member

11. kwng

kwng Member

This is a huge win and it was so close. I wish Ron has a better shot percentage. 25% shot made is scary.

12. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Yes, if have four-year-ago deke and tmac...

13. RV6

RV6 Member

i think that was before Deke's injury and Bynum's return. Now it's more like "the rockets may take the lakers further than other teams, but have no shot at beating them". On paper it doesnt look good for us, mainly because of their length and our lack of it. during the whole season and into the playoffs, one thing is certain, if we get outrebounded by a large margin, we rarely win, if ever. With deke it gave us a big boost, now not so much. we can still give them fits, but i think that idea held by most commentators has changed.

14. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

I thought refs did a good job tonight, no bs calls and showed reasonable favored calls towards Roy.(for Yao, well anytime they not picking on him, it's already a big favor)
    The early foul trouble for their bigs are due to them not adjusting to the calls from last game, once they realized they can no longer "octopus stretch" him, both big man already had 3 fouls on them.

And again whatelse they expect from Oden???

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

ya even if we some how take it to 7 games, David stern won let lakers get eliminated. Its for sure cavs and Lakers, no matter what happens

16. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

I was wondering why there are so many empty seats at TC. It looked all red
    on my TV screen. must be a lot of people wearing red.

17. aerojeff

aerojeff New Member

frankly,i love this win!!

18. Microfridge

Microfridge Member

just wanted to say: CHUCKWAGON

19. RV6

RV6 Member

yeah some of them were just people wearing red, but since the seats are also red, could have been some empty ones too....they need to hand out white towels behind the baskets for game 6, if necessary...

20. Humer

Humer Member

It's a tough lot in life to be a Rockets (make that Houston Sports team) fan! Just once I wish they'd make it easy. Wonder how many years have been taken off my life watching this team play over the years.

Good win. Glad to see that we held tough and didn't give up when down in the 4th. Also great to see them finding ways to rotate and bring Yao back into the game. Good, gritty, team win!

Don't even think of talking about how we match up with the Lakers (or anyone else). We have to get 1 more very important win first. I want to finish them off this Tues. Don't let them breath. FINISH THEM!!!

-Humer

P.S. hopefully in a couple of hours my heart rate will slow down and I can try to get some sleep ;)