1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 86, Hornets 66

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. motivation2k3

motivation2k3 Member

WHAT IF HORNETS AND MAVS LOSE? AND UTAH WINS...I THINK THAT MOVES UTAH TO 6# SEED..THEY WON THE TIE-BREAKER OVER BOTH OF THE TEAMS :eek:

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wow, the Hornets got WRECKED.

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

anything but that, if thats the case, rest everybody and put in Flight and cook

4. motivation2k3

motivation2k3 Member

There is a good damn chance that can happen...reasons being....Houston still is fighting for seeding with portland and the spurs....New orleans has nothin to play for and the spurs are still trying to win the division...so they will rest their players..so will the lakers against utah...so we may see utah again :(

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

front, left,side by side,
    we've given the hornets one hell of ride,
    in, yao, we all must confide,
    cos of him we are making such a stride

6. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

They didn't front Yao when lately everyone else has. I think it was a strategic move by Byron Scott to not show his hand just in case we do meet them in the playoffs because he will probably do it then.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

it's not franchise low....

8. gotta love yao

I don't think so, they still have a chance to move up to the #6 place if NO lose to SA, so they will try hard to finish as best as they can.

9. gotta love yao

Oh~ they better do at that time. They even believe When they have chandler back, he can guard yao individually :D

10. Impper

Impper Contributing Member

Do you people honestly think that Dallas and NOH would purposely lose any games at this point? It's the difference between facing the Lakers and a much weaker team. Trust me, if Byron Scott could have done anything to win this game, he would've done it.

11. lalala902102001

Is there a whole lot of difference between the 6th and the 7th? They don't have home court throughout either way and they don't have to play the Lakers either way.

I think that's part of the reason why the Hornets looked so flat tonight. They've already avoided the 8th seed and don't have much to play for.

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

Yao had a quiet 22pts.. it was the combination of our bench just utterly out playing their's.. and our team defense.. that killed the Hornets this game..

there's nothing Byron Scott can do to change something that's happened against his team.. againts us.. with Tracy.. without.. with Yao.. without.. etc..

once again.. last season.. our series against the Hornets was split.. this season not at all the case.. and since last year to now.. 3-4 of our victories have been blowouts.. while their wins have been close battles through 4 quarters.. not exactly what you call an exception.. more like a standard..

we have their number.. and there's nothing they can do to change that..

if we face them in the playoffs.. i guarantee they won't garner more than two wins against us..

13. kpopy

kpopy Member

You must have missed several rox games already. Landy was back at full stretch LAST week.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

then what's the franchise low?

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm sure NO wants to face the lakers instead of houston, huh?

16. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

Strange, home court still not secure until the last game..

17. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

I dont think either team want to end up 8th seed and face the Laker in the 1st round. So Dallas and NO will both play hard to win their remaining games to stay out of last place.

18. kpopy

kpopy Member

It would be very funny to see as it reminds me of a very interesting story repeated many times in comedy TV series.

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

well, hope denver loses in portland, then we'll play dallas in the playoffs

20. Ducky

Ducky Member

who blocked this one?

[​IMG]