1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 119, Celtics 114

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is 21 years old, not nearly complete yet....he will get better and better....How people can say things like this is near his ceiling in his rookie year is mind numbing.....

DD

2. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

y are u insulting Wafer? I bet u were wishing and hoping that we'd re-sign Von earlier this season, but now that we dont need him u take shots at him?

3. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

DANG!!! I missed the game! i was watching clash of the titans! glad we beat the celtics

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bingo.

Thats a big reason why I wouldn't get rid of Hill. The 3 position to us i don't think we lose much if we keep any of the two out of Shane/Chase/Trevor.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

HAHA I was going to watch it but bailed to watch the Rox. Was it any good?

6. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I agree, I see tremendous upside in Chase and I can see him improving his overall game greatly... this is ONLY his rookie year and he is definitely showing he can play in the NBA. I'm excited to see what kind of player Chase can fill his potential up too.

7. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I enjoyed it, lots of action throughout the entire movie and fight scenes are bad@$$. That and I saw it in 3D :D

8. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

i was really impressed with AB and Lowry tonight. They held the team together in the backcourt while Scola worked his magic.

Jordan Hill didn't have a great game til OT, but still felt he was far behind in terms of playing with the big boys.

Fouling out ray allen and KG were keys to the game. the 20+ turnovers were just stupid/sloppy.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Wow apparently I missed 3/4 of the best Rocket game of the year! :eek:

10. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

lol yup this guy has made 3-4 bad posts in this thread that makes u scratch ya head

11. Skazo

Skazo Contributing Member

Holy crap, I went to the game, just got back! It was completely insane :eek: There were a couple Rockets fans there, and we were cheering like crazy. When Brooks hit that three, the stadium just went quiet and we were yelling our heads off. Might post some pics later!

12. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

i am being truthful, von wafer is done as in having an nba career, and also i am not trying to take anything away from the rockets win when i talked about ray allen fouling out, i love th rockets but i was justs peculating sorry for the confusion

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

True but it also begs the question, outside of moving one of the SG/SFs, do we really need to make a trade?

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Good point, I think we've got a really good thing goin and would hate to see it broken up but I still say we're 1 big body (besides Yao) in the middle away from being a contender. If one of the SF or rookies has to go to get that person then hey, so be it.

15. SquirmyLermiBBQ

that was an awesome win!

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow!!! Unbelievable game, best of the season! The last time I was that excited for a game was last year's playoffs, there were so many great plays!

Lowry's miracle layup :eek:
    Brooks' game-tying three :eek:
    Hayes' defense on Pierce :eek:
    Budinger's incredible three :eek:
    SCOLA :eek:

Screw tanking, :mad: let's just win these games! I am too much of a Rocket's fan to root for the team to lose. :grin:

17. omarog

omarog Member

ROCKETS SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

While you and me might disagree on Brooks, I totally agree with you on C-Bud. He has been putting up impressive numbers and the fact that he can still get better as a player is only improving his future with the Rockets.

Imagine a full offseason to work on his defense w/ Shane and Trevor and polish his offensive game! He will be, in my opinion, a more athletic version of Peja, and that is his worst case. His best case is, he may be a future Ray Allen type player, but with better defense.

His future is bright and I hope we keep him and his fellow Wildcat Hill.

I can't believe that he fell so low at the draft? :confused: Why did so many teams pass up on him?

BTW, I can't believe some people on this board think he has already hit his ceiling! Dude is like only 20 years old and is virtually improving game by game!

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I've got one question:

How happy do you think Jordan Hill is that he was traded?

20. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Chase is a little different than most rookies, though. If you watch Hill/Taylor/Andersen, they all make the typical rookie mistakes. Chase does not (which is awesome). However, the fact that he doesn't make those mistakes already means there's inherently less room to grow than other rookies.

Chase's main area of growth is simply consistency, I think. If he can have nights like tonight on a regular basis, he will be very, very good in this league. He seems to have already gotten over the rookie wall and is putting up these numbers more and more often; more minutes is helping, but his efficiency is improving, too. Improved efficiency, improved consistency. His skills won't grow much, however, which I think is generally what most folks refer to.