1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 119, Celtics 114

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

man rockets have so many valuable assets aside from the newyork draft pick rights, we have an improved aaron brooks, potential in jordan hill and chase buddinger to become better players, and a poor man's vafer in jermaine taylor, we will be the trading partners of any team this offseason,

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Days like this, I'm glad I have a DVR. :p

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a nonsensical thing to say. Allen didn't play in the OT because we played him well and fouled him out. That's like saying we "would of won" had one of the countless Rockets players out for the game been able to play. Just meaningless speculation. We won despite our own missing players, on their home court, sold out, screaming fans, everything against us and you are making excuses for Boston??

And "Wafer Lite" with Taylor? I'd take Taylor over Wafer any day. He's twice the player Von Wafer is.

#143 Deckard, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  4. opticon

opticon Member

Trevor does well when his role is spelled out for him. Next year he will be the 5th option on the floor behind Yao,Brooks,Martin and Scola.
    (Just the thought of the match up nightmares that line up is going to cause is scary)
    Next year all Trevor will have to worry about is hitting the open three and slashing the open lane on offence. He wont have to facilitate or create for anyone which suits his game just fine.

Basically coach is going to tell him to be Shane Battier minus passing up open scoring opportunities and to gamble a little less to avoid getting Yao in foul trouble.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Chase is this team's Peja....I think Adelman would be VERY hestitant to move him.

I think Trevor doesn't fit all that well and his gambling ways will screw Yao with fouls.

Morey's biggest miss, IMO.

DD

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would say he's more of a Mike Miller. Both very good players anyway IMO.

7. MONON

MONON Member

You may have a point. As to who would have guarded Allen at that point, how bout the same ones that limited Allen to 2 shots before he did foul out. Now he did make both of his shots. But the fact of the matter is he did foul out & Hayes forced Pierce to hesitate & put up a rushed shot which missed, forcing overtime. We showed the heart of a champion tonight. I'll let someone else complete Rudy's battle cry! :grin:

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That is not going to happen DD, no matter how much you hate Trevor. Morey is not shipping a guy who is 24 and keeping a 32-year old player with similar bb abilities.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Agree 100%...quick release and can kill you if you overplay him.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For the young players on our team Hill IMO is the one guy I just wouldn't give up.

If his hands get better I really feel like we have a good player there.

Chase is a if the price is right guy for me. So are most of the other guys maybe besides Brooks.

But Hill I think he has a really high upside, he's only 22 and we have shown we can make a lot of these big men better, so it's better for Hill. I think for Hill we could have saved this guy's career because NYK had no plans for him at all.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Wafer is a poor mans Taylor...

Taylor has some defensive potential and at least he just doesn't jack up whatever he can. Plus he's a rookie. I think Taylor is a good asset to this team. If not going to be traded then a player we we will enjoy coming off the bench for a long time.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Does Hill have a higher ceiling than Chase? I don't know. All I know is that Chase has exceptional Athleticism, not good but exceptional. He has prototypical size for his position. He already has an highly skilled game.

13. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

he has that california relaxed cool.. which isnt bad but he doesnt naturally have a killer instinct granted he hasnt played a great deal except for lately but I do hope he develops it, altho its a quality u have to be born with IMO
    hopefully Chase somehow develops it cuz his potential is far greater than ya boy Trevor :cool:

14. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

yeah you are right von wafer sucks now, he cannot even get a contract in the nba for any team and he has some back problems

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Missed the game! :( :(

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hmm it's not really a competition, but I think Hill does. He has similar tools (size, athleticism) for his position but he also plays a much higher need position, and has so far displayed a more aggressive attitude. I could see the argument both ways though as Budinger is already a lot more polished than Hill.

17. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

chase may already be nearing his ceiling that is chase buddinger has a role like rudy fernandez mixed with peja stojokavich, a shooter that cannot create his own shot, but his athletic enough to get alleyoops and finish strong at the rim, he can shoot from anywhere on the court like peja, but he cannot play defense just like peja and rudy

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

This was the most a Boston opponent scored on them this season ;p

19. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Hey BUD, lets Party.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gonna be harder to move Trevor,although he is tradable.