1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 112, Mavericks 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Excluding Rafer, these were our team shooting stats:

FG: 37/73 = 51%
    FT: 29/31 = 94% (this stays the same w/ and w/out Rafer since once again he got to the line zero times)
    3PT: 6/10 = 60%

2. HombreDeHierro

adelman is prolly gonna play tmac more next game.

whats your take on him? i think he looked exceptional for a stretch in the third. would have been better if a couple more of those jumpers fell. relax guys, this is just him knocking off rust.

This is his first competitive organized bball since surgery. Now how many people can do that?? Give him a couple of weeks. Then we will see 25-25-25 from Yao/Tmac/Ron Ron

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

hahahaa

4. bec1987214

bec1987214 Member

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

All the people that say Yao played too many minutes:

He HAD to! Landry was in foul trouble, and the game was still close, up until like 2:30 left in the game.

Plus, did you guys see our offense in quarters 1-3 out there? Horrendous without Yao playing!

6. laowan

laowan Member

Greate Job By Hayes

7. bec1987214

bec1987214 Member

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Who would you take out of the line up to put him in?

Let him learn his trade under Chuck Wagon and get his experience in blow out games. But in games like tonight that is high octane...he is just not ready and probably will not be for a while.

9. bec1987214

bec1987214 Member

10. Tmac-is-numero1

Thank you...

Can anyone imagine this team. With both a healthy T-mac, healthy Battier? We're already good. We can be awesome. :)

11. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

unless ur name is Kobe and score 81pts every single game!

Btw, Chunk's D was impressive. 1pt in the 4th Q for Dirk, nothing needed to be said. Good game!

12. nukeRok

nukeRok Member

13. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

this was the kind of game that i wanted to see from the rockets. Yao and artest basically dominated during the whole game. what really made me happy was brooks coming back. every time i saw alston touch the ball, i would get so nervous. he made a lot of turnovers and really did not pick the right shots, and made bad decisions. but when brooks came in, man he just got on fire and he was FAST. at the end, artest played really well and i hope he keeps this up and show the doubters he can stay out of trouble...GO ROCKETS!!!!

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

We are still a relatively unathletic team. Defense will be our strong suit although we should have the best offensive team we've had in over a decade.

When Battier gets back, if we can take our defense up a notch, we should have more than enough offense to win a lot of games big and run off several winning streaks.

15. bec1987214

bec1987214 Member

16. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

Yao played wayyy too much minutes!
    we need Mutombo

17. bec1987214

bec1987214 Member

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

the less bad shots t-mac takes, the better he looks. i only remember one really bad shot from t-mac early in the game. other than his usual non-movement without the ball he played well.

i predict Barry will take a chunk of T-Mac's minutes throughout the season though because he fits Adelman's offense so much better. he moves without the ball and can spot up shoot. he also brings veteran leadership.

AB + Barry will be exciting.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Great game tonite, so far in this very small sample set it looks like this team has the drive to pull out those close games in the fourth, something they haven't been able to do in the past couple of seasons. AB and Artest are showing what they can do and Yao is looking like his old self a lot soon than expected.

20. alethios

alethios Member

Ya, I loved the way he defended Nowitski, had him in fits just like Spencer Hawes the other night. I just wish Shane would step up his FT lessons, not his dance moves. :D