1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 112, Mavericks 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

WOW!

Best game I've seen in a years. Love how the Rockets really stepped up the defense in the 4th quarter.

The heart that both Ron Artest and AB bring to this team is just increadable. I know its only the second game but it looks exactly like what has been missing from the team.

AB is great coming off of the bench as instant offense and a change of pace. I think that really took Dallas out of their game in the 4th quarter.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

great game! we still don't have Battier and Tmac is like .05495%

plus it was on a back to back!

3. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

4. fayesun

fayesun Member

new big three: Yao, RONRON, Brooks

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Looks like the role might be reversed. It used to we can hang with Dallas for 3 and 1/2 quarters and then melt. We always tell ourselves that we can beat next time, but never did.

That was because Dallas was the better team plain and simple.

But looks like Dallas needs to play a flawless well executed game to beat us.

Think about this, we are on a back to back game, and Tmac didn't even play in the 4th. Now there was a little bit luck that the shots were falling in the 4th, but when everything was tight for both teams to score, we had easier time scoring.

Also our depth is much better. Battier hasn't played. Luther can be a nice spot shooter too. Our bench is a lot stronger.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I will say it again.

Put in a PG that can shot and this talented Rockets team will be blowing teams away.

Put in a PG that cant make open shots and that one person is going to hold the whole group back.

It's really simple and this game ( Rafer, Brooks) was just a reminder of this.

7. HombreDeHierro

good practice for yao.

tmac is gonna have a intense workout on saturday.

:)

yes, thats right. these games are just practice :)

8. yaotmacshane

yaotmacshane Member

i luv ron artest lol.
    give him his contract extension :D

9. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Nice win. I'm really happy to see us jump out to a 2-0 start in our division. We went 1-3 against Dallas last year in addition to blowing a game to the Grizzlies. I have a feeling we'll be another dogfight for playoff seeding, and having division tie breakers in our pocket would not be a bad thing.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I agree. I used to hate on Chuck when he was a starter a few years ago but that was mostly out of ignorance and frustration with our lack of offensive depth.

Now, with a better balance of PF options, Chuck's value is really shining through. He was 2nd in plus/minus tonight at +21 and he did that without scoring a single point. His defense is incredible but isn't seen in the boxscore.

I truly appreciate Chuck Hayes.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Tmac was 10/11 from the line. good improvement.

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i finally have confidence in brooks!

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Adelman had no choice to play Yao a lot with Landry in foul trouble the whole night. Not to mention our defense completely sucked without Yao. Morey is going to need to get a big backup center sooner rather then later.

14. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I know Artest blew us away but T-Mac did have something to do with the win. He came in and had his way at one point driving it to the basket a few times. The guy just needs some rest and re-cooperation and he will be back to 90% percent and higher. We're going to be REALLY scary when T-Mac is playing well.

15. blackademic101

Great game tonight, I really loved to see t-mac celebrating on the bench, cant wait till he is fully healthy... artest was excellent tonight, ming was great also, we just have to get our defense more in sync and we will be on par with the Lakers... a little worried about our 2nd string center... whats up with dorsey?

16. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

If someone would have told me that Dirk was going to score 36, having home court advantage, but we would win by at least 10, I would have been like "No effin' way!"

But I think that the Rockets have proven themselves, with this one game. This game alone should silence at least most of the critics!

I mean, the Mavs had home-court going for them, OPENING NIGHT going for them, and more!

Btw, what was the post-game on TNT like? We get hated on, or did Charles and Kenny give H-Town some love?

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

hey check out nba.com

apparntly we beat the suns

18. raining threes

Tough D shuts down Dirk & Howard in the 4th

Hayes & Artest Defense on Dirk 1 point & Howard 2 points was awsome in the 4th quarter.

This is what our ofense should look like with a PG that can make shots.

I'm a Rafer fan but Brooks was much sharper tonight.

19. michael20080808

Yao played too much time, 41 mins, almost 48 mins.
    It is hard for him (his heighth, weight) to play so long time.
    We must be clear that the more time Yao plays, the more dangeous that he get hurts.
    Also there will be 82 matches left, Yao should be used reasonably.

Didn't the coach and other people notice this???

20. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Brooks was the main man at the 4th quarter imo. Rocket struggle to get good shot until brooks come in and broke down the Dallas defense. Brooks will be crucial to Rockets success this year!!