1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 112, Mavericks 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. WNBA

WNBA Member

AB was really into it. I say let him do his thing. He will learn how to pass later on.

score first PG >> pass first PG. same reason for why Kidd sucks.

2. clockworker

clockworker Member

Rox is still quite slow on the offence side,,,, I enjoy the playing time when Artest, Landry and Brooks on the floor, otherwise the whole team plays like a 80 years old lady

3. gaily

gaily Member

yao played 41 mins
    isn't that way 2 much???

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I meant specifically against the Mavericks, but that, too, good point. Having Artest around will help tremendously with being able to get things done at the end of games.

5. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Oh by the way, Aaron Brooks for starting PG.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Ideally, Brooks would be a nice scoring, change-of-pace PG off the bench.

Unfortunately, Rafer is so bad that it may already be time to promote Brooks until we can find a legit starter.

7. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I love how Rick Adelman sticks to what's working even if it means keeping your best player on the bench. Last year early on this was not the case as he would often bring in Luther Head(as backup PG) in the 4th qtr which usually resulted in a collapse or a slump.

8. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

great game, ron is amazing

9. alethios

alethios Member

I cringed seeing tmac playing tonight. He was gimpy, really slow, and had no lift. Mostly I didn't like seeing the pain he's playing through. We can afford to rest him and still play at a high level.

10. roswell raygun

I LOVE having Artest on this team. Scoring, defense, leadership and a fearless attitude with the game on the line. All that was on display in the fourth quarter. I can see his presence already rubbing off on other players, and it's going to make the difference in tough road games like this one.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

more like we play at a higher level when t-mac is on the bench ;)

12. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

dirk scored 1pt in the 4th which was a technical free throw

1st half not much defense but still played good. we didnt even need tmac in the 4th. brooks played point in the end of the 4th and did it well. yao was ballin, so was ron. hayes played very good defense, and we let dirk and josh take care of dallas' scorin load and as a result a win for us :) . scoring load should be carried by a team, not a player. that is, if you wanan win a title :)

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

The only negative tonight is Yao is logging way too many minutes.

14. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

great feeling tonight. get back-to-back win, sweet! YAO needs more rest. TMAC will need get into shape. Artest super so far.

15. Tmac-is-numero1

Ummm how about he's injured? Enough with the t-mac hating. All that counts is that he plays like he cares, and i saw that today with alot of hustle even though he only scored 16 points. As long as he's healthy for the playoffs it's all good.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Everytime I see a low post count or a new member, I wonder if its Artest posting.

Ron, if you are reading. You were amazing tonight.

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Brooks led all players in plus/minus with a +22 in 20 minutes of play.

Alston was 2nd worst behind Scola's -13 with a -12.

Difference between Brooks and Alston: 34 points

18. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes is so underrated it's not even funny. He's easily one of the 10 best all-around defenders in the league. Seriously.

19. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

Wow....4th quarter in both our games so far, they've just absolutely locked down the opponent. Like...not even funny locked down.

Last night: There was a stretch where Memphis didn't score for like 7-8 minutes right?

Tonight: They hold Dirk to 1 point and Howard to 2. (according to the TV announcers)

So far in the two games I've just seen 1st quarter get up to big lead, 2nd and 3rd lackluster play, and 4th quarter lockdown on opponents.

When we get everything together for the whole game....we're going to be unbelievably scary.

And I'm sure that this was mentioned in the game thread, but the Tech on Artest was bull.

20. Juve

Juve Member

Don't worry. Yao will have his rest next game against Thunder :D :D :D :D