1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 108, Warriors 107

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ibm

ibm Member

wtf was that last travel call on ab on our last possession? the refs never changed. :mad:

with 6+ seconds left and we were ahead by 3, it's interesting to note that adelman chose not to foul, even though we had a foul to give. i think a lot coaches would have chosen to give that foul in about 1-2 seconds, and then foul them again.

a great and fun game to watch. but if it takes ariza's career game, scola scoring 20+ and ab having a 2double, and everybody else playing great to win against a somewhat crappy team... i'd still convince myself to keep my expectations low.

2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

He shot 5 to 6 boneheaded 20 footers when he had guys like Morrow and Curry on the floor with him. Plus, he was absolutely torched by Scola.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Don Nelson sat Randolph because his back is hurt.

Like I said, Randolph wasn't even supposed to play tonight because of his back, but when Biedrins and Turiaf got into foul trouble, Nellie had to throw Randolph in there.

And Randolph started the second half, but Scola went OFF, so Nellie had to try a different lineup.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Trevor Ariza played with Kobe Bryant, Aaron Brooks isnt defering to Yao Ming, and Scola is our number one post option. Don't try and at like our win was a freaking miracle.

5. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

luvd this game

6. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Sky High! :D :D

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's going to be a roller coaster kind of year. My expectations aren't high at all. I hope to see overall growth from the young guys. Happy for Ariza and AB.

8. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Great win!!! I'm on cloud nine right now. Hope we can keep up with it. Go Rockets!!!

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

So he changed starting lineup and inserted Randolph there beginning the 2nd half, rewarding him for that 3pt.
    Nelie is all gimmick.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There wasn't enough time to give that foul. With 6 sec left the guy catching the inbounds pretty much has to shoot it to give them time for a possible offensive rebound. He may just catch and shoot and fouling would be too risky.

As for the offense, i think the team needs to try and have a balanced scoring attack. Forget having a guy or guys scoring 20+ a game, just share the wealth. It would keep teams from just concentrating on brooks or scola to shut us down since they won't know where most of the offense will come. Let a whole bunch of guys average 10 a game, that's easier for this team than expecting some to consistently average 20+.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I think I heard Bull mention the Rockets beat last year's team 27 high assists with their 30 tonight

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Actually, he probably did it because Biedrins and Turiaf both had 3 fouls.

14. ibm

ibm Member

so ariza should be a 20pts guy for the season? ab can avg. 2double for the season since yao isn't playing? they have not been because they were "deferring" to guys like kobe or yao? what a great logic. :eek:

i didn't say it was a miracle. but that scola's first career 3 was somewhat miraculous, wasn't it? without it, we'd have lost (in theory). :p

15. Mr Chuck Norris

Well if you say that. Randolph's 3 shouldn't have dropped either

16. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I really like Anthony Randolph.

His game is very similar to Lamar Odom's and it's said that Randolph is a hard worker.

Maybe one day Nellie will get tired of his puppy and trade him for a bag of cookies. :cool:

17. ibm

ibm Member

the kid can ball, for sure. but to be another odom, he needs to grow some meat on his bones, and quick.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Thank god for Corey Maggette. They had us beat in so many ways, but he refused to stop shooting no matter how hot his teammates were and how cold he was. He put Stephen Jackson to shame in the crazy jumpers department tonight.

Props to Scola for getting us much needed points in the post. He's got so much skill. And Hayes played some amazing D.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Same could be said for Randolphs trey. The offense runs through Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola, and Trevor Ariza. There will be plenty more games just like this one. I do agree with keeping the low expectations.

20. sefril

sefril Member

he's singlehandedly destroy GSW offense by jacking up shots that shouldn't take.. 3-14.. :D