1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 108, Warriors 107

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. worzel gummidge

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Good game. Great to see Adelman giving the new guys quality minutes. Chase would benefit from this exposure especially on defense. Andersen showed some low post moves. Pity, Scola and Landry had good games that David was not used much. Now, let us all hope for consistency. :)

3. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

I know we can win! In Rockets we believe!

4. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

Anything is Possible!!!!!!!!!!

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

where's DaDakota in this thread?

6. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Gotta start Budinger over Battier next asap. What do you say guys?

7. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Great win!! AB, Ariza an Scola looked damn good!! Love Ariza attacking the rim and AB looks alot more poised out there then last year.
    Buddinger was solid, has some defence issues but im sure Batman can help him out!!

DD you still like Maggette over Tmac after that??

8. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Like I said in the game thread:

We can thank Nelson for this one. His best days have passed him. He stuck with Maggette for God knows why. Sat Jackson for far too long. Didn't play his two best bigs (Andris or Randolph) the ENTIRE second half and instead opted to play small ball against a team who's posts were killing.

He's stubborn to the point of ignorance.
    And for this game, I thank him for it.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The moral of this story is no matter how much salary we have on IR, we still own the Warriors.

10. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

comment from Warriors fan:

"maggete’s bball i.q. could have been at r****d level and he wouldve played better"

hahahahahahahaha

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[rquoter]
    Hayes is 6'6

Of course he’s faster than Beidrins, but there’s a reason most centers are between four and six inches taller. He’s a defensive liability for the Rockets.

by Jeremy Belvins on Oct 28, 2009 2:28 PM PDT up reply actions 0 recs [/rquoter]

Poor Warriors fan. They are so unacquainted with what it means to be a good defensive player.

12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

NO! :rolleyes:

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No,that would be a mistake. Chase did well but it's better for him to come off the bench. He looks good with the second unit.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Battier needs to start and guard Roy.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he needs to strengthen his body some. Something that worried me a lot when he was first signed was that I looked at his highlight mix and after so many of his finishes he seemed to land awkwardly. I couldn't believe he didn't injure himself on one of those landings. So i think added strength would help me land more solidly. I think he tries circus shots on drives because he feels contact and can't overcome it unless he has a running start (AKA momentum), so some strength or bulk may help.

yes he did, but i think at his size and length, with solid hops, he needs to do it every time, unless he's able to just pull a quick up and under or something like that.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right on the dot. We deserved to win,but Nellie made things easier for us. Randolph in particular looks very promising.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A win against the Trailblazers would do wonders for our confidence.

18. anelka3913

anelka3913 Member

what do you mean? did he do something stupid? i didnt watch the game

19. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

A couple of the turnovers could've gone his way though as fouls. He does look better out there.

20. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Oh hell yeah, that dude's a stud. He's active, mobile and can shoot a little. The Warriors have been my second favorite team for years and now, they have so much young talent, I just wish they had a coach and a GM who gave a damn.

*Tear*