1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 108, Warriors 107

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why did Anthony Randolph only play 9 mins? Is he injured? Or is Nelly messing with him again? Dude had 8 pts, 1 to, 1 assist and 4 rebs in just 10 mins of play...

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lmao, ya wtf was he doing out there seriously. he was like 3 for 12 or something at one point and still jacks up stupid shots. made me lol the whole game

3. lalala902102001

Nelly coaches in mysterious ways.

4. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Either that or his back is still injured.

5. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Great win :D

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

we won!!!!!!!!!!!

for all of the Ariza haters
    Stats of the night
    25 pts
    5 reb
    5 ast
    2 stl
    1 blk

7. wingcommander87

We would not have won this if it weren't for corey maggette and don nelson. thank you Mr nelson for not playing anthony randolph and thank you corey for being a ridiculous chucker.

8. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

games against the warriors are always like this.

Big win on the road. The rockets will play better at home.

David Anderson looks pretty decent out there on both sides of the court. I was expecting him to be a revolving door on defense but he's shown some toughness.

9. worzel gummidge

Nelly loves him. There's probably some other reason.

10. MD_in_Training

And 6 TOs. Not that it wasn't a great night.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Well said,how sweet it is indeed.

12. dafranchise0309

Great win rox!!! Veterans and budigner all stepped up!! red nation in dis!!

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

WOuldve had a couple mroe points if they called some fouls when he was driving :\

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Well, Scola is back and that is huge. This team can be really entertaining. The interior defense is non existent, but they try. I am warming up to Anderson. C-Bud has loads of potential; once he starts free stroking instead of aiming his shot, whoa baby. Brooks just needs to let it rip, relax, flow. When Landry, Scola, Brooks, and C-Bud play up to their offensive potential along with Ariza getting more comfortable, this bunch might be pretty good. Love the assists.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The Warriors commentators said his back is still weak, so they wanted to limit his minutes tonight.

In fact, he wasn't even supposed to play tonight because of his back, but when Biedrins and Turiaf got into foul trouble, they had to put Randolph in.

16. LScolaDominates

Good to see the Scola we all know and love. Can't hold that guy down for long.

Ariza still looks out of place, despite his scoring. He is shooting very well, but the rest of his offensive game is shaky. He'll be up and down until he finds his role on the team.

The biggest problem I see is the inability to get open looks from guys cutting towards the basket. Landry has struggled because this is a big part of his game. Both the Blazers and the Warriors were packing the paint against us. Fortunately, tonight we were able to keep the ball moving (30 assists) to find open mid-range and 3-point looks.

17. parmesh

parmesh Member

Crazy game. Glad we won.

I have to say, Chase Budinger is, well, budding with potential. Is he learning defense tips from Battier or something? I mean his defense looked impressive for someone playing their 2nd NBA game. He's got the tools offensively (we knew that already) but he seems to want to try to be a good defender too. Not only can Chase possibly replace Von Wafer on the team, but he could become a better (albeit less flashy) version of the mohawk man.

18. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

hahaha, corey maggettee was the mvp. im pretty sure he's a little bit better of a shooter than that ...

propz to the rocks. landry was killin the small guys, scola doing his thing (20 and 10!), brooks, lowry, budinger, hayes (his defense still amazes me).

i think monta, as the best player on the warriors should take the ball outta maggette's hands and decide whether or not his team should win but ... i'm glad he didn't.

i'm interested to see if brooks can take his man off the dribble at the end of quarter situations without a pick ... I mean i think he can, and sometimes he'd be better served without the pick.

19. lived

lived Member

Nice stat line from AB, 18pts 10 ast. It's the 10ast that really stands out, something Rafer couldn't do for this team consistently previously.

This team can really stick it to the competition if AB scores and dishes on a nightly basis..

20. somenobody

somenobody Member

First win of the season! Sweet!