1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 105, Timberwolves 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

Coach A is using Yao in very interesting ways. Yao has been playing full 1st quarters now, and long game minutes even into garbage times.

Coach knows what he's doing, I am sure he has his own reasons.

2. yhcolin

yhcolin Member

I am pissed by RA after last night, I am pissed again tonite, what a loser...

He is not going to take any responsibility and some of rockets' fan piss me off again. If Yao is not your valuable player, then Yao can go to a better team where he is properly used.

3. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

He should be fired!

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Maybe the Rockets should just stop playing basketball all together.

Why risk the injury on Yao? I mean, heaven forbid the guy does what he is PAYED to do...

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Glad the Rockets held on to the lead. I think it was a smart move to keep Yao and Ron in there to reinforce the need to keep the lead in the fourth.

Also--The Nuggets did not win. :) and the Spurs are going to lose. :)

Great day for the Rockets.

6. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

Yao was fronted by midgets in the 4th(practice) quarter and our guards still can't figure out how to pass him the ball. WTF, anyone else notice all those miss opportunities while Yao is working hard and demanding the ball? Whats up with all the hesitation from our guards, do they not know how to pass the ball up high to a big guy being guarded by a midget. :mad: Im not suprised that Yao walked out of there not happy at all.

7. dlite316

dlite316 Member

what most ppl here saying is that putting yao on the court for the last 6 mins in the 4th quarter while rox holds a 15-pt lead is not a wise decision...
    yao is a valuable asset to this rox organization...
    adelman should learn from phil jackson, how phil used shaq back then...shaq just dun play all the regular season games, instead shaq misses abt 20 games for the regular season so that he can really dominate during the playoffs...
    rox do not have that kind of luxury of resting yao for 20 games during the regular season...but limiting yao's playing time,i.e. resting yao during garbage time, is the least the coach can do...

8. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

If Rockets doesn't want Yao in Houston, they can trade him and to see whether there are stupid teams to take on him. Why should you try to destroy him by overuse him in garbage time?

9. rocketsmetalspd

1-0 in to start off the Month of March. This month will be a tough month so I am glad to start off with a win. Did the Rockets sign White after all?

10. tangshuo

tangshuo Member

lebron always sits on the bench for 4th quarter when they have big leads

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It will probably be reported on Chron later tonight if we did. The deadline is at 12 AM EST isn't it?

12. Lakecharles

Lakecharles Member

Wow, I am so sold on Ron Artest. He is a man of his words.

He lost the game for us by his selfishness yesterday. He conceded that, corrected his actions and helped to win the game today.

I am pumped for the rockets.

13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Well, RIck's use of Yao in the 4th aside...

I'm just glad that Yao isn't picking up 2 quick fouls in the 1st like in the old days. He's getting subbed in and out of games like a normal player these days. When we're arguing about Rick instead of Refs, that is a good thing.

Long be healthy, Yao.

14. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i noticed that...rox guards certainly need to do a better job passing the ball to yao when he has the position...

15. yaofor3

yaofor3 Member

we are not china! we don't over use basketball players !!!! :D

16. John232

John232 Member

For those that say that Yao looked mad at the end of the game...the person he should be mad at is staring right at him in the mirror. We have Rudy T, JVG, and now Adelman, and the same problems remain.

If everywhere you go, you smell a foul odor...it's either everyone in the world that stinks or it's you.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL I know right.

These people want to call Yao a Elite NBA player and all Elite NBA players play 35+ minutes.

Why not just play Yao 20 minutes a night, and then people will complain we didn't get him the ball enough.

18. 9495

9495 Member

Looks like RA is trying to set his playoff rotation in the last couple games. Even though it's back to back, he played an 8-man rotation both nights. Tonight when Landry is back, Berry is out. No Hayes, no Mutombo, no Cook. But I still think it's unwise to play Yao that many minutes, considering the upcoming schedule.

19. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Now I know that the rumor comes from the word of the commentator on TOMLIVE,that sucked.

And okay,Yao played almost 35 mins every single night and he's just doing his routine play on the court.Despite it's garbage time,maybe RA just afraid of being turned around the whole game with 5 mins to go,doing some precautions. :rolleyes:

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well they'll also never try to injure Yao Ming on a game already won. Where does all that "practice" go then? Putting Yao Ming more than necessary is like playing with fire, and sooner or later we'll get burned if he keeps it out. Its not like Yao Ming is Karl Malone out there you know...hell with all the injuries he inadvertently caused during the Cavs game (breaking Wallace's leg, tweaking LBj's ankle etc) karmic justice is bound to his us at this rate