1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis -- Nuggets 111, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. sook

sook Rookie

wow the west is too crazy for me to handle...my head hurts bye bye

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We match up better with the Jazz than the Suns. Doesn't make us a favorite, but I would rather play a team with jumpshooting big's than one with Amare and Shaq.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Blessing? We won't even meet Denver in playoffs. And we could lose first round homecourt advantage because of this.

4. ekim

ekim Member

Shaq + Nash + Amare + Barbosa...

No thanks... I am glad the rockets lost tonight.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

- No Shane against the Nuggets is a big factor.

- When Scola hitting nothing but air at the start of game and the Rockets couldnt set any offensive tone, the game was already doomed. After all, the Nuggets are fighting for the playoffs at their homecourt. When the Nuggets got going, they just rolled over and never looked back.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Think of it this way. SA is 1 game ahead of UTAH, so SA would want to tank so that they can face us. SO if they tank, they only need to tank 1 game. At the same time, Utah wants to face us as well, if they beat us, they cannot face us.

So if you think about it this way, Utah's only option of facing us in playoffs is if they do not pass SA. SA's only chance of facing us is if they tank ONE game. So would Utah want to face the suns instead of us? Utah winning one game is more than enough for them to face suns, and SA losing one game is more than enough for them to face us.

Think about it more clearly, utah would have to give up tomorrow's game if they want to face us, or else SA will face us. If Utah does win, they would somehow have to tank harder than SA so they lose against them.

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Why, would you rather play the Suns in the 1st round than the Jazz? Plus I wouldn't help Golden State.....I'm not sure if memory is blurred but Phoenix and Golden State always beat us bad.....nothing better than kiiling two birds with one stone. :D

8. rday

rday Contributing Member

Absolutely embarassing; tank job or not. How in the hell we couldn't get up for this was beyond me. We have yet to lock sh** down. Apparently a chance to capture the #1 seed, take control of the division, and at the very least work towards ensuring homecourt in the first round just wasn't that big a deal. This was NOT the game to give guys the night off!

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Honestly, what are the odds that we reach first place? Or second? If we mess up, we have to face phoenix, and we know they are advantageous against us.

If we lose this game however, SA and UTAH will have to make a difficult choice. Utah has the tie breaker, so if they have the same record as SA, they will be third. We know SA would want to play us, and in order for them to do that is if they tank 1 game and UTAH wins the last 2 games. But Utah would not want to face suns, they want to face us. If they beat us tomorrow, SA can tank the last 2 games, and they will get to play us. Unless, Utah can tank harder than SA that is, beating us tomorrow is not a good idea for UTAH.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Our effort was crap. Lazy passes and standing around on offense. Iverson abused our backcourt.

Denver was playing for a playoff spot...at home.

Sorry, but we are not a good enough team to win a game like that without Battier and Jackson.

I would go on a rant about Rafer sucking again but he did get hurt so I'll refrain and hope he gets healthy before next week

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i dont think anyone took the night off. battier and bjax were injured and u cant help that. nuggets just played like world-beaters tonight.

on another note i think its obvious that teams are gonna start jockeying to play us in the first round.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

For all the tanking theorists, let's see how the Rockets play tomorrow.

If it is anything like tonight, then it is not tanking but rather sucking.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

is it possible for Utah to tank harder than the Spurs? If so then them beating us tomorrow wouldn't be a problem.

14. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Anyone notice Rafer go out with an injury?

Playing without Shane was costly. Nuggets played good defense - they played hard - and seemed we got lots of ticky tacky calls.

What did BJax injure? (I'll look for it in another thread.)

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

btw the Spurs and Jazz will be playing each other

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Exactly. We have to look into this deeper, its the western conference, the seventh seed is as good as the first. This isn't eastern conference, its about finding the right matchups.

Utah would do anything to face us, and their only option is tanking. And if they do tank, we know we will get HCA.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Letting up on the throttle right before the playoffs, risking home court, giving up on a higher seed, none of it makes sense. Champions roll on, not over. What ever they were thinking, it was wrong. Thirty percent shooting against Denver is ridiculous. This is the kind of performance that seals your fate for the post season. The only redemption is to beat the Jazz AND the Clippers. Anything less, limping into the playoffs as a loser. Unacceptable.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Looking at tonights effort, do you really think the rockets were playing properly? BTW, its a battle between UTAH and SA to play us. UTAH has the advantage right now, but if they beat us and SA loses SA will get to beat us.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Play us.

Fixed

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Rafer went out with a hamstring injury

Jackson was sitting out due to his ankle. He landed on Shaq's foot when shooting against Phoenix. He finished the game but was favoring it