1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Mavericks 111, Rockets 106

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Yeah, I might start crying if they beat Boston. Not only cause of the ladder thing but cause they're in the same boat as us except they are doing so good, where as us - we struggle to beat scrubs.

They'll just rub it in my face that much more if they beat the Celtics.

2. MadRox

MadRox Member

If we want to win more games, Hayes need to coach our guys on how to play the wagon defense.

The defenders must play standard man-to-man defense while holding the towel above their head. This will force them to play position defense with their feet instead of relying on reaching and lunging for the ball.

Chuckwagon + 4 mini wagons = WIN ;)

3. Jet036

Jet036 Member

haha I don't know why I didn't figure that out. I'm tired...

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He might not be feeling any pain in his ankle, but mentally he's not 100%.

It will take a while for him to mentally be comfortable pushing off, and jumping off his left foot with full force. That's why you're seeing more floaters.

He needs to adapt to the mentality he has right now and focus more on being a distributor...let the game come to him.

5. BasketballMind

If he would have sprained his right ankle instead.. We'd probably see a totally different Brooks.

Bit it is what it is... And the bottom line is though, Lowry and Ish are better playmakers at the point, and Brooks is a defensive liability at the sg spot.

AND unfortunately, our second unit is built with players that need a playmaking point guard.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

with two 5 game losing streaks, The Rockets ".500" is "5 under .500"

7. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets must go 28/6 to finish the season with 50 wins, or finish the season 28/8 to get 48 wins.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

haha man, I was drunk in last night's Clippers game. How I wish I was drunk in this game instead of last night's game.. :p :grin:

9. BasketballMind

Lol well yeah, 50-2=48....

But did you mean going 26/8 would give us 48 wins?

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I have ben saying this for 2 years now about Books.

If his shot is not going in, he does nothing else to help the team win. Sorry.

• He doesn't use his speed to breakdown the D to pass it to open players if the D has to roatate and help stop his drives.
    • He doesnt use his speed to play the passing lanes and get steals
    • He doesnt use his speed to play on ball defense and stop his man from penetrating

As a speed player you have to do those things to have a impact on the game. Barrea showed that tonight.

1 person likes this.
  11. anchel

anchel Member

The worst thing is how the team stops playing any kind of offense as soon as he comes to play. As a PG, he's such a turrible thing. Wing partners must hate playing with him.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Jared Jeffries, tall lanky guy, you rarely see him play because he is a decent defender & Coach Rick (poor man's D'Antoni ) will only play you if:
    * you are a scorer.
    * out of form.
    * you can replace someone who is heating up & making shots.
    * you like to jack up 3 pointers.
    or
    * your name is Brad.

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

this is one loss that doesnt make me that mad for some reason. a little disappointed that we couldnt just play decent D for 2 more minutes

14. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Wow, this sucks, Rocks outscored them the last three quarters. If they had started out good they could have easily won. :confused:

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This answers my question from earlier. Thanks. repped.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Some very important questions going unanswered here, sports fans.

17. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

nope...It was some girl sitting in the stands front row and the camera would just sit on her after every commercial break....just teasing us. She was the only thing keeping me in the game during the first half!!

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is why I stopped watching the rockets for the past 2 weeks. I dont even bother posting here or recording the games on my DVR. Its very offensive when I see Rick's coaching( not playing TW/Ish and stupid subs,making bogus late game plays) and Battier p***y ass period. Professionalism > Winning, because winning is overrated. I had some hope that Rick would step it up and do whatever it takes to win but my hopes have been crushed.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I predict a run after the deadline that will allow the Rockets to sneak into the playoffs. Adelman is holding back Patterson because he does not want him included in any deal for Carmelo or whoever Morey cashes in the assets for.

Start Lowry, play Shane more, hold back Jordan Hill since his play only devalues his worth on the court

20. alethios

alethios Member

How about that sweet spin move by the Chuckwagon on Chandler for the layup. Those Kentucky boys are scrappy :grin: