1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Mavericks 111, Rockets 106

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rocketsmetalspd

Jared Jeffries

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

That's overly simplistic, as Kidd was on Brooks sometimes and Barea was on Lowry some times.
    And Lowry did play better then Brooks tonight, but that's relative. Both sucked tonight, but Brooks sucked more. That's all I'm really saying.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Sorry about my rants again. I know I said I would move on from Broosk+Hill+Bud. I am trying man, but its so hard, sooo freakinn hard.

4. amaru

amaru Member

I'm talking about the WHOLE season.

When your team is 22-26, there is more wrong than a single guy. From what I remember, we still lost alot of game when Brooks was out. Which supports my claim that there is alot more wrong with this team.

Face it, we suck. Brooks is stinking it up, but he is the least of our problem.

We have:

-No go to player and thus no go to play
    -A center made of glass
    - A very very slow back up center who is overpaid
    - No real size to speak of.
    - A coach who won't play the young players even though the vets are stinking up (outside of a few notable exceptions)
    - No heart
    - Our two best players couldn't guard a dead man.

Even if he was playing like last season, we'd still suck.

Scola and Hayes work hard but they can only do so much.

Last season was okay but 42-40 isn't anything to brag about. We are supposed to be competing for championships, not playoff cameos that do the team ABSOLUTELY no good.

Its time to rebuild, really stink it up for a few years get some talent and get back to contending, instead of being a running joke in the league.

:(

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I'm sorry but there's simply no guarantee that any trade we make will make this team substantially better.

6. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Man.. I am praying for a trade soon.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

16 and 8 for Chuck tonight against Chandler and Dirk...impressive to say the least.

8. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

..... :|

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Jeez! You guys are really mean! Give DD a break here. Besides, EVERYONE knows his true man-love is V-Span.

Look: At the start of the game, the Rockets played as bad as they could possibly play. They were so bad that if ***** got them on itself, ***** would have wiped them off. After the half however, they played just about as well as they were able to play. The reason they fell short tonight has been on display ever since they lost the ghost of Yao Ming: points in the paint and rebounding. All you need do is to compare the size Dallas sends to the front line vs. what the Rockets can send. Dallas has two true centers in Chandler & Heywood while Houston only has Miller and he's hurt (not that he'd have made that much of a difference tonight). You really can't ask more of Chuck Hayes as he was fantastic tonight. And if you think Chandler was a load tonight, just wait until you see what SA will roll off their bench in the next game.

10. Mr. Space City

im surprised battier actually tried to dunk on somebody :eek:

11. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Because Lowry didn't have chance vs Barea quickness, even 50 years old Kid blow by him.

This game was lost in the first quarter, our started and bench didn't came out to play, after that Houston won every single quarter.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Of course there isn't guarantees, that is why there are risks when you make trades but it is time to take some risks and see what happens after the trades.

13. kevinmartin

kevinmartin Member

haha, I love how easily some posters got distracted by the mere mention of a girl, lol... Seriously though, what girl?

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Respect!!! You paint a perfect picture. You look at the overall problem where as I am being too narrow and just concentrating on the smaller things.

Its just that those 3 pee me off so bad. I am being blinded by hate. I am trying man, gonna take it one game at a time.

15. kyotic1

kyotic1 Member

Is it me or has brooks been throwing up a lot of floaters lately..kind of reminds me of alston before we wisely shipped him off.

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Dont know about floaters, but i know he's been thrwoing up gang signs.

WESTSDIE BEEYAAATCCHHHHH.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hopefully the Trailblazers lose tonight. That would help us out a bit. Still we're only 4 games under .500. Theres still 34 more games left to play.

18. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I have a really hard time believing the Rockets can get an impact center or a go-to "Star" with the assets the team possesses.

Look, I really didn't want to believe it, either. I wanted to believe in the guys we have and Adelman. I wanted to believe that Morey could get a deal done and steal someone of consequence from another team. But, the writing is on the wall. The Rockets are stuck in the mud, and it's time to hit the reset button. No shame in it. Just get it done.

Trying to get this Rockets team to the playoffs this year has been like trying to break through a brick wall with your skull. All it achieves is a migraine.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

[​IMG]
    MAKE A TRADE !!! taking to the guy on the far left. :grin:

20. conquistador#11

I knew one of those flopping generic brand dbags would be unstoppable tonight. barea was it again.
    What has happened to brooks? maybe he was attacked by a body snatcher and that's not really him playing.. it's an alien.(inspired by toycen threads)

I would rather have ish taking those minutes. Chandler would look great in Rockets' red. =(