1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 89, Rockets 70

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2009.

1. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

FACTOIDS:

You can't coach heighth. Killed us today.

Can't control injuries to key players. Ming, McGrady, and Deke would have made a real difference today. Not in the cards dealt to us.

Impatience once again reared it's ugly head. Hard to believe we responded to the early diversity today exactly how RA didn't want and feared.

Where were the shooters? MIA (see point 2). LA couldn't miss early on, and we couldn't hit the ocean with a shot. Bad luck, poor choices. Youthful inexperience?

Turnovers - not as many, but always seemed to come at the worst times.

Artest was terrible - those 3s he missed in the 1st half by 2-3 feet just astounded me. Not a good series for Ron - love the guy, but he never realized he wasn't the answer (4-5 games in a row). Lack of trust in his teammates? Just impatience?

The good news: best team in the league this year. Very, very proud of the entire team and organization! Let's build for next year - we got a lot of payback coming, especially on the Left Coast!

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Here's hoping to a playoffs 2010 with the following:

First Rnd: Utah

Second Rnd: Dallas

WCF: Lakers...

That wouuld be SWEET!!

2009-2010.. Season of Revenge!

3. Chamillionaire

the lakers are better than our current team, but they are not better with a healthy yao and mac. book it.

4. albuster

albuster Member

Thanks Rockets for a great season. It was up and down, sometimes infuriating, sometimes weird, but overall it was a gutsy, fun and wonderful season. I hope McGrady will be permanently gone from the team and DM will find an elite and consistent pg, a solid sg and a solid backup c, otherwise this team is awesome as it is, again without McGrady.

If DM somehow gets those players I mentioned we will contend for the championship next year and beyond. A very sincere thanks to Les Alexander too for creating a superb and very classy Rockets organization.

Thanks Clutch for this forum where we vented our joy and frustration throughout the long season. This is the best of its kind. A BBS like this adds to the whole flavor of the NBA season. A big thanks too for all the posters, you/we made the season more enjoyable by our postings- good, bad, bizarre, weird, smart, etc. etc. etc.

5. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

6. JoliePitt

JoliePitt Member

It has been a fun ride. Thanks to the Rockets for a great year. Stay healthy and we'll see you guys in no time.

Go Rockets!

7. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Member

To the hell the ref. Let's Go Rockets

8. albuster

albuster Member

One last missive for the season. FU refs and Stern.

9. wenp

wenp Member

May have a greater match next season.come on!

10. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

I was satisfied, thanks Rockets. Have a good summer, next season we can be better. Beat L.A.

11. NBilities

NBilities Member

thousands of fans watched the game at 3.30am in china
    Thanks the rockets has brought us 13 wonderful games
    Expect the next season

12. MONON

MONON Member

Great season Rox! Looking forward to next year!!

Damn, will we ever get out of the 2nd round!!! :D

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

We are gonna be BEASTING next year if we keep the core together.

14. marcolus3

marcolus3 Member

I knew this game was in the bag for the Lakers after the very 1st play. There were 2 signs... 1) Trevor Ariza drives through the lane untouched and then throws the ball wildly like a pass to the sky and the ref called a shooting foul on Scola and 2) that ref was Joey Crawford, the NBA's new Tim Donaghue, he's their enforcer.

Also I just looked at ESPN and guess which 2 NBA stars have a huge ad for VitaminWater... LeBron & Kobe.

This NBA is rigged and it's getting pathetic and obvious. Jeff Van Gundy even noticed when the refs called a foul on Scola for "pushing" Kobe in the back and they watched the replay and he said "why did the refs call that foul, Kobe is the one who pushed Aaron Brooks out of the way, that wasn't a foul on Scola". But after he said that, it became obvious he wasn't supposed to.

Then good ole Mike Breen covers for the NBA, and the sportswriters seemingly ignored the Rockets after the game and couldn't stop gushing over the Lakers.

THE NBA IS RIGGED and it's to the point where I don't want to watch anymore. David Stern, you should be taken to Congress just like Vince McMahon was for staging his sport and be forced to confess the truth!

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

National Basketball "Entertainment"

You are out of control buddy.

16. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

I adore this organization. I truly love, love it.

Have a great summer guys.

T-Mac .Please be healthy next season.

Ron, easy with you, leave or stay, I have no opinion.

Get a back up center that can play 15-20mins to keep Yao from getting tired and injured. Yao, keep going!!!

Rocks, I LOVE YOU.

17. Red_Glare

Red_Glare Member

Are you serious? Comparing Bynum and Ariza to Yao and T-Mac? Get out of here, we don't need your congratulations-- congratulations go to the Lakers for *surviving* our role-player led assault.

18. kaninthy

kaninthy Member

great season!!! next year will be exciting. hopefully give james white some playing time. (white the safety net if rox dont resign von or ron ron)

19. Red_Glare

Red_Glare Member

Congrats to the Rockets players and organization on a great season! You've all earned a great deal of respect from fans and observers. With Yao and Tracy back in the mix this year, and some fresh blood for backup center, and this team will wreak havoc.

20. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Offseason activity should be interesting. Can T-mac and Artest co-exist? What will happen to one of our best offensive player, Wafer? Can't wait to find out!