1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 89, Rockets 70

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2009.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

well Im frekin pissed off about missing the game man!!!!!!!!!! What would they play such a game in the afternoon???? so the boston anti-lakers fans can see it??? ooooohohohohoh what dont they know that its so stupid to place playoff games in anywhere but at night dun they nba revenue guys get it or what I mean wtf whys the EC game after the WC game.........uhhhhhhh!!! man stern needs to check his head out

but with all that said ur a sh!thead

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you missed another game??

correction.. you missed a GAME 7 vs the LAKERS!

and you still dog me for telling your low tech self to get a tivo?

3. KobeComing4U!

KobeComing4U! Member

I came on here to congrats the Rockets on a frickin tough series. They played with alot of heart. But it's posts like this makes some of you look like airheads! Don't make excuses when you lose! Yes, it was unfortunate that Yoa was out along with McGrady. Lakers didn't have Bynum last year and just got back Ariza from a broken foot during the playoffs. Boston took it to the Lakers because of that. It's part of the game. 99% of these posts on here are from smart peeps but some of you need to grow up. Take it like a man and move on. I'm sure we will see you in the playoffs next year. PEACE!

4. StraightG

StraightG Member

Man, I'm so proud of this Rockets team. I absolutely can't wait for next year!

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

yeah bynum is the difference maker for u fools.
    gtfo. nobody is whining. we f@&$n took u fools to 7 games without our stars.

and the games we won we beat u. not by the skin of our teeth. not by bad officiating but by double digits.

ur team only scored 89 pts. with one of our offensive weapons yao or tmac we win game7.

so go back to la la land and get ur thumb outta ur ass.
    melo will handedly spank ur f*****-ass team.

i am proud of the rockets all the waydown to james white.

no tradesin the offseason except for tmac and/ or wafer if he cant get into line.

and all u yao haters n ppl wantin to trade AB,landry,scola, battier, artest. u gtfo too. we r a legit championship team if we stat healthy n just add a defensive big man and/ or a scorer.

and f&$k u robert horry. u were a rocket b4 u were a laker and ur analysis is ****. go give kobe head now. horry, ur dead to me.

see u f@&kerz next year.

6. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

Absolutely amazing. We were able to...
    1) get out of first round
    2) own the conference best lakers for 2 games
    3) take it to game 7 against possibly the best team in the nba
    4) go 2-2 against the Lakers with bench players (no tmac/yao)
    5) play stiff defense to keep Lakers UNDER 90 at home (where they average 110 ppg) in a Game 7
    6) get out of first round
    7) FREAKIN MADE IT TO GAME 7 against the Lakers WITHOUT A CENTER!!!

I love my team. :D

7. KobeComing4U!

KobeComing4U! Member

Go get some Pampers you sore looser!!! Jeezzz!!! What a punk of a post.

8. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

better luck next year, but overall a good season.

9. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

His name is Yao :D

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

or how about u tell ur soggy a$$ to shut up about the tivo tivo tivo stuff?????

dude I cant believe u still having a cry about that tivo thing...it was lyk...wat....quite a few weeks ago??? and u STILL on about dat??? omg tivo tivotivo!!!

oh and to explain it to u and ur low iq self I will state that I wasnt even making a proper point...I wasnt even trying to establish an argument that would've been more valid had I watch the game...or the whole game for that matter...

so what if I missed a game 7 against the LAKKKKKERSS!!!!! so what...this game 7 didnt turn out to be that good anyways.

I still dog u??? its more lyk watever hidden ghostly voice thats in ur head that dogs u...grab a napkin...or a nappy ok????????????? mr tivo!

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Just got home. Tough loss but I'm glad we continued to fight. They just were the better team today.

Hope next year is even better. I hate that the season has come to an end. Im going to miss watching them compete out there.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Your team will not be same team next year(Keep Odom or Ariza can't keep both). Plus Bynum is not the answer for your team even if he is healthy. We will have HC next year and yes we will meet again.

13. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Rox, thank you very much and really proud of you all. Same perception from all my basketball friends in Hong Kong. Have a good rest, enjoy your off-season and come back stronger.

14. bootleg

bootleg New Member

I can tell that you have to be very specific on these posts. I was referring to the fact that we still beat them twice after we loss Yao.
    But yea, either way their season is over.

15. Benny

Benny Member

gotta stay healthy

16. astros148

astros148 Member

[​IMG]

i love this team from start to finish.

we will be back next year thirsty

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You can only commend the Rockets after this game. It was only a matter of time before our size became a problem. I knew when Bynum was inserted into the starting lineup that they were going to pound it down low and keep doing it.

The biggest key was stopping Aaron Brooks which took us out of the offense completely. With all the injuries we had and the adversity we had to deal with we did better than anyone could have expected.

At the end of the day the Lakers had more talent and size and we were undermanned.

18. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Lakers and Rockets review from nba.com.

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/js/1.1/xmp/module.js?vid=/video/channels/playoffs/2009/05/17/nba_20090517_lakers_rockets.nba" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from <a href="http://www.nba.com/video">NBA Video</a></noscript>

19. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Rockets have a lot of talent. This could have been our year if we were healthy.​

20. msb212

msb212 Member

Cogratulations on a hard fought series, Rockets- from a Laker fan. We played like p*****s for a lot of it, and showed little heart. your team was impressive, and I commend you for taking the Lakers to 7 games. Good show.

When healthy, your team is a monster. Though I am not convinced that yao helps you - the offense flows so well without him. Tough call how to integrate what he obviously brings to your team with its other strengths.

Anyway, good on you. Hoping we learn the lessons you taught us and it gives the Lakes what they need to get the rest of the way.