1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 89, Rockets 70

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2009.

1. elvis

elvis Member

Great Season by the Rockets. They played over their heads against the Lakers, and showed everyone else in the USA what a sorry bunch of whiners the Lakers really are.

I'm proud of this team and I'm looking forward to next season. Yao, Scola, Battier, and the Captain--Ron Artest--these guys played their hearts out every night. 95 games strong.

I'm looking forward to next year. Tracy, I hope you come back strong. Morey--get it done!

And, finally, Clutch--thanks for this great board which makes every single day better for Rockets fans around the world!

GO ROCKETS IN 2010!!!!!

2. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

right down to the money. well said

TRADE T-MAC

3. Juliann

Juliann Member

Couldn't be more proud of this team, hopefully morey will do the right thing this offseason...

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They didn't throw the towel in,which is more than some other teams might have done given the circumstances. They should have been better today, but we have every reason to be proud of all of them.

5. Cav000

Cav000 Member

I hold my opinion strongly still, we are the best team in the league

role players have achieved this.
    Artest's spirit holds our courage to be a top team.
    Yao's back(Or Tmac's back) will raise our next season.
    Scola's dominater will pull Rox to a higher level.
    Battier,Hays strongly defense will give us the guarentee of presure to other team.
    and Brooks,Lowry,Wafer,Landry ,White these young guys are growing.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, our good atmosphere in locker room is a heaven to any player who is coming to Houston

Next season, we'll on the peak ;)

6. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Thanks for the exciting basketball this year Rockets. They are still my boys. At least LA will get punked by the Nuggets. :cool:

7. bluefox21

bluefox21 Member

This was good for the rockets.
    You can't blame Ron, he is not a leading scorer, he never was. He is a great contributor on both ends. The rockets need to be ready for next season and try to end the regular season without injury problems. If that happens, the Rockets will have for next season:
    2 young PGs with some explosiveness, with a lesson learned in the playoffs.
    2 SGs (assuming that Wafer stays) that can do the scoring duties (Instead of expecting wafer to lead the team, you can expect him to provide a spark when T-Mac doesn't have it).
    2 great SFs (assuming Ron stays) that can score and provide good defense on the other team's players.
    2 PFs, Scola's experience and no need to be athlethic and Landry's explosiveness to provide some more sparks off the bench.
    1 of the best Centers in the game (please stay helathy?). Then a lot of Role players for those little minutes when everyone needs to rest or needs to take care of the fouls),
    Just add a solid Center (some sort of Nesterovic or even LaFrentz) and this team is the most serious contender on the league.
    That's what some haters here fail to see, this Rockets team, without his 2 best players and without a Center, is one of the top 8 teams in the league. The quality in each of the spots can't be equaled by any single team in the league. If they can push the lakers to a 7 games series without his 2 best players, imagine what they could do with them.
    And, to keep making a point, Imagine this lakers against:

the Spurs without Ginobili and Tim Duncan
    the Hornets without Paul and West
    the Jazz without D-Will and Boozer
    the Celtics without Pierce and KG
    the CAVS without LeBron and Zo
    the Magic without Nelson and Dwight
    the Nuggets without Carmelo and Nené
    the Blazers without Roy and Aldridge
    the Mavs without Terry and Dirk

do you see them forcing a game 7?
    Think again, and keep bashing the Rockets if you want...

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

proud of this team.

I'm concerned with when tmac will be ready next year and if he will be effectice or if not when and for what will he be traded?

Can yao stay healthy?

Backup Center that is young and can play O.

9. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Disappointing loss to be sure but I'm proud of the guys.

We had no business being in this series yet we pushed them to 7.

Go ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I'm proud of the team for their effort but let's be honest no one outside of Houston is gonna remember this series in about 2 weeks. That's what's sad about this loss, no one remembers the "almost haves." I hope Denver beats the piss out of the Flakers.

11. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Great season for the Rox role players.

In three ears, we have gone from a team that didn't have anyone but TMac and Yao to a team of role players. If TMac and Yao can come back and play next year, we should be competing for the NBA Championship.

That being said, the NBA should be ashamed for the way this series was officiated. If I didn't love the Rockets and the NBA so much, I would say that this series was definitely fixed. Stu Jackson was present in Game 2 and the game was stole from the Rox by the refs. Ron Artest gets ejected . . . again . . . on another bad call. Then they let Joey Crawford call game 7. Unbelievable. Just poorly called games across the board.

And on a final note, man could we have used a 45 year old Hakeem Olajuwon today . . . as long as he hasn't let his body slip like the Chuckster has.

Good Season! Let's get healthy because if we do get healthy we are going to win the NBA Finals next year!

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Im sooo proud of these Rockets. No Yao, No McGrady, and no Deke. And still we take it to game 7. This has been a crazy year for us. From carl getting shot to getting out of the first round finally and much more. So next season is going to be amazing for us i hope. Hope nuggets kill la

BEAT LA BEAT LA

Go Rockets.

13. I_Luv_U_LA

I_Luv_U_LA Member

Just wanted to say THANK U ROCKETS FOR GIVING US A VERY TOUGH SERIES.. you actually made my team better.. the Lakers needed such a battle so badly and it came at the right time.. we as laker fans have all the respect of the world for the rockets and we knows its going to be a battle for years to come.. wish u the best this off season.. :)

14. yhcyhc

yhcyhc Member

Even though we lost the serie, but I am still proud of this rockets team, for their efforts and heart, hope next year, we will have a healthy rockets team(every year's wish), go rockets!

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We will need to be lucky.McGrady needs to get healthy and take responsibility because trading him will be tough.Yao's health is a big question too.He will fight back to rejoin the team,let's hope for everyone's health and an even better season after the upcoming months.

16. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

17. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

Did any see Brian Cook Make Jackson look like a fool after the game?

Total ignored him

18. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

[​IMG]

BattiersBaby.

19. ballinUNC

ballinUNC Member

Great season, I love this team. Just wasn't in the cards for us to win today. Still took the Lakers to 7 without Yao when nobody thought it would even go to 5 or 6 with him. They showed a lot of heart. Cant wait 'til next season. In the mean time, i'm goin' to go kick the Lakers ass on 2k9. :D

20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

T-Mac won't be back until the all star break if then. We have to plan next season on him not playing if someone he makes it back and contributes its a bonus.

We need a backup center capable of giving his rebounding and defense when Yao is not on the floor.

If we lose Wafer we need to have a wing player that gives us some scoring off the bench.

Those are the most pressing areas to watch during the off season.

Do we have any picks in this years draft?