1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 111, Rockets 98

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2009.

1. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Shortfuse3 wasn't breast fed!

2. HouRKFan

HouRKFan Member

Man Im proud of the Rockets effort tonight. turnovers are a big concern, but the heart the Rockets showed was unbelievable. also, ron artest needs to learn to keep his cool. hes kept it throughtout this whole season. the game was still winnable when the ejection came. i expect the Rockets come up firing in game 3. lets kick kobe and the lakers a**.

3. redao

redao Member

Yao should be benched if he play the first passive minute.
    when you are -29, you does not deserve the ball and playing time.

4. Theshuttle

Theshuttle Member

refs are masters!!!

5. surrender

surrender Member

Rockets fans going to games 3 and 4 need to turn the Toyota Center into the most hostile homecourt in the NBA, for both the Lakers and the refs.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Horrible loss.. I expected a loss.. but all this extra stuff is crap. Especially Von... that was pure stupidness.

7. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

He got into early foul trouble and couldn't get going. Besides was probably still tired from the previous game.

Judge him based on the next game. otherwise get off his nutsack.

8. kanariya

kanariya Member

Can the mods ban this guy?...

All he does is clueless insult.

9. 1individual

1individual Member

Adelman is fired up. Lets blow them out at Toyota center

10. blender

blender Member

Yao is going to have to figure out Gasol somehow. The entire starting lineup has to figure out how to play better, both defensively and offensively.

The Rockets got bullied by the Lakers and lost their poise, but they still fought really hard. Time to dish it back out in Game 3.

11. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

I think this game was still close when Lowry's layup and one was destroyed by the Ref! They made it an offense foul on Lowry, not an and 1 :mad:
    LW was standing on the line clearly which is much more sure a defence foul than the 4th fould on Yao made by the fxxking refs.

Then, the Raper Byrant elbowed Artest, it turned out to be an offense fould, too! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    After that, we have lost the game, but we lost to the Refs, not the Fakers!! :(

If we dont trade Aron·It's on me·Brooks, we will never win the champion. You can book my words now.
    All Brooks can do is waste his teammates efforts, espcially Yao's.
    Damn, all Yao and Artest's efforts were in vain. :mad: :mad:

12. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Brooks and Lowry need to grow up quick! They better be fast learner after this loss.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

We should have sent the Lakers a message tonight.

Kobe talked **** all night long.

Kobe elbows Artest in the Throat.

Kobe showboats by throwing it off the backboard.

Odom talked **** to Scola all night long.

Sasha tried to talk come at Scola and somebody else I forgot who it was in the 1st half.

Should have laid somebody out tonight. :mad:

Now that I got that out of the way. We came to L.A. and did what we was suppose to do and that was steal a game. Lets go to Houston and take care of home court. Show them we are not backing down.

14. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

I don't like seeing Yao guarding Paul Gasol. Paul is just too quick for him, last game he's guarding Bynum which he did well. When Lakers go small, I don't mind seeing Yao in the bench just to avoid the mismatch.

RA gotta figure this puzzle out

15. Rejane

Rejane Member

So you mean "ubigred" is a son of trash b****, don't you?

16. fayesun

fayesun Member

so what's the most frustrating thing in tonite's game?
    1) Kobe's elbow that leads to Ron's ejection
    2) Yao's performance
    3) RA sends Von to the locker room
    4) Refrees
    5) Dirty performance by the Fakers

i can't start a thread, so i decide just to post the poll in the post-game analysis thread

17. toyinmin11

toyinmin11 Member

The game was not winnable because the refs already handed it to the fakers. It was so predictable that they'd take Yao out of the game from the begining, but I am proud the second unit got us back. Ron should have just fell down holding his throat instead of doing anything else and asked for a strecher t get off the court. That will force them to review the tape and see that elbow to throat.

18. mag

mag Contributing Member

Brooks needs to run up and down and change tempo. When he goes side to side, he always makes terrible decisions.
    He should run change tempo and shoot.

He is just too inconsistent now and is not patient to pass the ball to Yao. As soon as he sees him covered, he just turn and starts running from side to side.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Its really interesting hearing Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith completely defending us right now.

20. toyinmin11

toyinmin11 Member

refs by a mile