1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 111, Rockets 98

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2009.

1. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

wow cheaters

2. jhc375

jhc375 New Member

LA played so dirty in Game 2! Odom so should of gotten technicals along with Vujacic and Walton for gangin up on Scola. Scola was just defending himself. Scola is not a trouble maker. Vujacic and Odom on the other hand, Come on?! What are the refs thinking?! Kobe has been playin dirty from the start. The elbow to Battier that drew blood, the knee into Yao, the elbow to Artest's throat. Ya he deserves the nickname Black Mamba because he's a sneaky dirty ass player. If he's so great he shouldn't need to be playing like that to win a game.

3. Davidzhou

Davidzhou Member

day after the 2nd game
    kobe isn't suspended. why?
    the league did a bad job.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Im here at work dying for game 3 which i'll be able to watch live as its being shown here on ESPN International.

24 hrs to go (and counting!)

5. siamesedog

siamesedog Member

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

7. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I was so pissed about the game. But you know what, we will beat them if we don't pay the Lakers' dirty game. I know it's hard when they're provoking our players and talking trash to throw us off and they did a great job of doing it in game 2. They completely thew us off our game. Comes down to resiliency and composure. We are the better team.

Let the Rockets play their great defensive game and let us, the fans, do all the provoking and trash talking! :D

F****** Lakers...

8. grantwang

grantwang Member

=================
    yeh! i fully agree with what you said!
    i come from china, i am rocket fans since Yao as one of this team. millons of NBA fans discuss game 2 in the biggest basketball bbs and most think laker played a dirty game, many fans of Kobe even change their thought about kobe, he did play this game so dirty! and artest is a true man and warrior! but Yao did little in this game, he is still in trouble of front defence, he tried but the result is bad.
    the ref this game....... i hardly can not say nothing! we can not control them.

say hello to all you. let see laker in rocket home, we will play with 3:1, just as we play with trailblazer....( but Roy is a great player more than Kobe)

9. alexhu01

alexhu01 Member

Honestly speaking, before the game, I kind of knew we gonna lose and Yao will get in foul trouble. I also believe league will not allow Rockets to win this game too. Game 3 may be a fair game for us. but if we win the game 3, Game 4 will be unfair to us again.

Mark my words.

10. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

It's obvious why Yao refused to fight hard to get position during the game last night during the second half--there were numerous times that Yao clearly established post position during the first half and sealed off his man and was open, and yet Aaron Brooks refused to pass him the ball. And so, he probably thought, why should I even fight to establish position in the post when the other Rockets won't even pass me the ball.

I noticed after the first half and during the second half that he kind of gave up and relegated himself to being a role player on the Rockets and let himself be damped down by the racism and nationalism against him, because the other Rockets wouldn't even pass him the ball, and so didn't put forth much effort to establish position in the low post anymore in the second half and did not fight hard to do it anymore, because even when he did so during the first half, Aaron Brooks deliberately refused to pass him the ball, and his effort during the second half faded, because he knew he was not going to get the ball despite the fact that he already established post position and sealed off his man.

If the rest of the team does not get rid of the enmity and the againstness, (if that is a word), that they have to "the Chinese player will get the most glory on the team and will be the franchise player", and the "walk all over Yao Ming just because he is Chinese and you can do anything you want towards him" attitude they have on team, and give Yao the ball more when he is clearly open, which happened multiple times last night, and yet he still did not get the ball, the Rockets will not go far.

And, at the risk of offending anyone, please do not tell me to stop bringing race into the situation, when I know that is exactly what is happening, because I empathize with him, and I try to "do unto others what I'd have done to me.", and I know exactly what he felt after I saw him seal of his man and establish low-post position multiple times and Aaron Brooks see it clearly and refuse to pass him the ball and he only got only 1 shot attempt the first half. And I saw how the light died in his eyes and how hios efforts faded to establish low-post position during the second half after that, how he was just going through the motions after that, and how his effort to establish low post position after the first half lessened. This is not an excuse for Yao doing poorly last night, this is the truth of what happened as gained by spiritual wisdom, the game of internal politics that is going on underneath the surface on the Rockets, the "game within the game" if you will. I know what you guys do to Yao Ming here in America. I am not fooled by your excuses, nor will be baited into even arguing with you as a shallower person would. I am just trying to tell the truth, that's all. Stop blaming Yao for the loss last night, when you all know that's not what happened, when his own teammates wouldn't even pass Yao the ball when he had established post position and clearly sealed off his man, when the refs wouldn't even let Yao play defense hard on Pau Gasol, and called a foul on Yao when started to get something going on offensively against Pau Gasol after he looked bad because Yao was being repeatedly scored on because they didn't want a man from China beating a man from Spain, that would upset "the ranking" you know, and perhaps even prove <gasp>, that there's equality after all. Something that many Chinese-American posters repeatedly said would happen after the first game was over and Yao did so well. And guess what, surprise, surprise, that's exactly what happened.

I also have ears to hear you know: when other fans at the L.A. arena are calling Yao Ming "yellow is nothing" and "yood", and other hideous names towards Yao Ming like he is a dog when he is one of he best centers in the NBA, (and notice I said that he is only one of the best centers in the NBA, so you cannot accuse me of being prejudiced for Yao or of being a Yao Only Fan, or a "homer" towards him), and he picks up at least 2 fouls while guarding Pau Gasol on defense that are completely bogus, and when the League establishment and the NBA scorekeepers deliberately overestimate the number of Pau Gasol's blocks so that he gets 4 blocks on the boxscore when anyone who saw the game last night knows that he didn't get 4 blocks and that that wasn't the case, (I was very surprised when I read the boxscore, I saw the entire game, and I try to be completely objective, fair, impartial, and selfless so that i don't have a conflict of interest when I judge, and humble, and don't try to make myself better than anyone else, no shame in admitting someone's better than you, despite what Hollywood says for men, it's good to be humble--anotherwards I don't LIE for mythical racial supremacy's sake. If Pau got 4 blocks, then he got 4 blocks, but he DIDN'T. I am fair you know). But when things like that happen in the NBA, then it is pretty obvious that the "powers that be" and "The Man" is still in power despite "civil rights", (can't even say what it is can you? EQUAL RIGHTS <---gasp! Blasphemy. Cheat, lie, scheme, do everything to cover up Yao! Because he proves that Asians are equal to everyone else) and the ending of slavery.

"The Man: in power trying to make the Yellow Man look bad compared to the White Man is still alive and well. Especially, you can see why they do this against Yao Ming and for Pau Gasol when Yao Ming is better in points per game, rebounds per game, and blocks per game, in 4 less minutes, (because of injury concerns only, not because he is not good enough to play more minutes), than Pau Gasol during an 82 game regular season even with cheating referees and lying scheming scorekeepers undercounting his stats deliberately conspiring against Yao Ming to keep him down, and cheating referees and lying scheming scorekeepers deliberately overcounting Pau's stats conspiring for Pau Gasol to deliberately artificially prop him up, even though admittedly Yao can't guard Pau, but neither can Pau guard Yao on the low post.

Save it for someone who's more gullible.

If the Rockets do this to Yao--a member of their own team who's innocent and does not do this to any member of any other race, and who just has to suffer these purposeful and deliberate wrongs just because of his nationality and his race, and his own teammates conspire and scheme against him who is their own teammate to prevent him from getting the ball when he can help them to win to prevent him getting his own glory just because of his nationality and race, and then Houston Rockets fans turn on him, and say he had a BAD GAME and saying that he needs to be traded, amazing the wrongs you are willing to do to a person just because of his own nationality and race because of it, isn't it? Some of you actually KNOWING the truth that is going on underneath the surface, just because you don't want a good CHINESE guy on the team, because it breaks your "mythical ranking", then I hate to say it but as much as I love the Rockets, if the Rockets do this to Yao Ming, THEN THE ROCKETS DO NOT DESERVE TO WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP<---There I said it.

OK, flame suit ON!

FLAME ON! Racists and other forms of Evil lying haters! :p

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

^^damn you took up the whole screen , I seen the replay of the game and noticed Yao was open a lot of times for the entry pass after fighting off Gasol, Brooks just couldn't pass it to him or he wasn't looking at him, I blame AB more than Yao.

12. Hoangywoangy

Hoangywoangy Member

maybe we can invent a shrink machine and make yao a 7 footer.

13. liangzhifa

liangzhifa Member

Support!
    Everybody have bad games, but Yao prepares for every game carefully, he keeps working hard!

14. vakeatonwafer#1

vakeatonwafer#1 New Member

Awesome post.

15. liangzhifa

liangzhifa Member

Yes, brooks didn't or couldn't pass the ball to Yao, that made Yao unhappy.
    So Yao might think 'You guards don't pass me the ball, so I do it myself!'
    Yao must be anger with brooks but Yao would not say it out, for it's the playoff time, the team needs to be together to go futher! That is Yao ,a real Leader!

16. liangzhifa

liangzhifa Member

the Quarter and the time?
    I'd like to get a review...

17. Red_Glare

Red_Glare Member

I think if you were to ask Yao, he would emphatically deny that he doesn't get touches due to racism or nationalism.

From what I read of your post, it seems like maybe you are projecting your internal feelings onto Yao Ming because of some perceived "sameness".

18. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

That is a DIRECT racist attack on me.

Everyone can clearly see that.

Yao Ming doesn't deny it because he is a good human being, and is humble and meek and tries to have some tolerance on the issue, because he tries to be a good person in life like everyone else, and so he tries to be strong and silent and take it like a man.

19. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Question:

I was just in Flashseats and was looking at the tickets still for sale, man

there's still ALOT of tickets still for sale for Game 3 because these people

are asking for some crazy price! $140 for upper deck behind the goal!? are

you crazy? .... anyway just wonder .. what do these people/ticket

companies do when they cant sell the tickets by game time?

Just take the lost? I mean there has to be tickets that goes unsold by the end of the day rite .. which what some of these places are asking for.

20. macmackal

macmackal Member

how come they called the foul on artest?