1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 111, Rockets 98

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2009.

1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I did not even get on last night, b/c i knew this board would be going crazy.

Let's just say one thing, if fisher would have done that to Ron, Ron would be in prison right now for murder.

2. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Joey Crawford should be banned from the league that guy is ridiculous. It's alright we lost last night. The Lakers just realized that we push back. Like TNT said this is a team of pitbulls. Fisher will be suspended and he better be lucky it was not me out there because I would have embarrased him. We need to be a little more physical. The Lakers will fold like they did against the Celtics. Toyota Center needs to be rocking. I want the sixth man to deliver the jab. Then the Rockets to deliver the hook and put these phonies on their ass!

3. win2k

win2k Member

Relax, Yao

It seems that Yao was playing with pressure in last night's game.
    He may think too much about another big win. I wish he would be
    more patient and donnt give himself too much pressure in the following games.

Becasue Yao was a little bit nervous with Gasol's offense, he got 2 fouls quickly. Actually Yao need not worry about Gasol's offense. When Gasol get some points, what Yao need to do is to get more points instead of these quick fouls.

I believe Yao will adjust himself well and Rox will win in 6.

As I remember,Yao-Battier-Artest-Scola-AB only play 19 games in
    regular season.
    Now they are making great progress. In playoff games, Rox never choked in 4th quarter and have came back from behind for many times.

I saw "fear" in lakers' faces last night. They are scared by our burning hearts.
    On the other hand, for Lakers, it seems that only Kobe want to win the series (or maybe fisher?). Others are just playing at most in the same level as in regular season.

4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

The Lakers are a group of lambs led by a lion. We are a group of wolves. This is going to be a bloody war.

5. Phineas

Phineas New Member

I seriously couldn't be more proud of the way Ron handled that situation. When the refs are not regulating the game, it's on the players to make it known that you aren't going to get away with that garbage. The Rockets better come out swingin' tomorrow.

Also, what did Von say that made Adelman toss him?

6. apxn82

apxn82 Member

wrong analogy! lakers are bunch of rabits with lion masks on. Rockets are 9 pitbulls protecting a great dane!!!

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

we might be a group of wolves, but led by a sheep....

8. apxn82

apxn82 Member

can some of the photoshop guru in here throw in a pix of our pitbulls with yao dane in the middle?

9. win2k

win2k Member

Yao is not sheep :mad:

He is not as good as kobe.
    But, I believe at least he will give us 2-3 best games in this series.
    Artest will lead to an other 1-2 wins.

Then we will win in 6.

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I am curious too and I suspect that Adelman's mother was somehow mentioned in their dialogue.

Wafer needs to get a hold of himself. It's one thing to be pumped up but going bipolar is not the best way to handle this situation.

11. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

We are a bunch of Pitbulls Lakers are a bunch of b****es!

12. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

Yao Ming is kind of be isolated, Sometimes I think his teammates does not trust him,espetially Brooks and Artest, I seems that this too guys are not willing to pass to him ,or slowly and hesitatly . but Yao is a unselfish and diligent
    player, he didn`t mind. :confused:

13. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

Yao ming is not as bad as Kobe, Kobe is a trash

14. win2k

win2k Member

I think it a problem of basketball IQ or trainning or skills, not a problem attitude. This team's chemistry is very good.

I am proud of all these Rox.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

There goes Yao is our true leader and we never be criticizing him for whatever he does. You guys are like my 2 year old.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

brooks was way out of control. His bad decisions cost the rockets early in the 1st quarter...you could contribute a 8-10 point swing based on his bad decisions which led to lakers points. He got more under control, until the late in the 4th where once again he made poor decisions. And please pass the ball to yao early in the game...he missed some windows there.

rockets had their chance but really, TOs killed them.

Doug Collins blows goats...i have proof.

I don't know how anyone can be a Laker fan with Kobe on that team. He is a piece of trash. I hate to wish ill on people but i've never wanted someone to suffer a career ending injury so bad.

Fisher - lost all respect. He should get suspended for 1 game. I think thats' fairly obvious.

17. Egghead

Egghead Member

what time does the nba hand out suspensions for last nights games?

18. letsdoit

letsdoit Member

u mean ad? :D

19. timmy

timmy Member

Loser!

UCI is ashamed of you.

You shouldn't call yourself a Chinese!

KobeDickSucker, what r u doing here! Seriously!

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Yao is a finesse skill player, and you aren't going to out skill the Lakers.

I gaurantee had we stuck with the lineup of:

Lowry
    Wafer
    Artest
    Hayes
    Landry

we would have won the game. that unit brought us back from down 14, to take a 5 point lead in the 2nd quarter. we ran at a faster pace, contested every shot, and most importantly limited turnovers and gave them NO EASY BUCKETS. Hayes and Landry were dogs not giving Pau an ounce of space.

With Yao, when he's fronted, he is virtually USELESS on both ends of the floor. Offensively we are stagnant. Defensively he can't guard Pau. More importantly, we can't grab a single offensive rebound because Yao is a terrible rebounder.

i'm usually a suporter of Adelman, but im dissapointed in his decision to stick with the starters, especially Yao when he is an obvious liability on both ends of the floor. I'm sure that's why Wafer was upset. Adelman is loyal to his starters to a fault. It became painfully obvious how stagnant our offense is when Yao is being defended like that.

the ONLY time we had momentum was during the 2nd quarter when our bench bridage came in. The Lakers are the most skilled team in the league. You aren't going to out skill or out finesse them. They HATE contact and getting down for loose balls, which is what our bench, specifically Hayes and Landry excel at.

I cannot believe we had the opportunity to go up 2-0 only to lose it because of Yao Ming being useless on offense. If he isnt being useless on offense, he's causing turnovers because none of our players can drive with a big immobile 7 footer in the lane.

I can't stress enough how simple a formula it is to beat the Lakers. You just need bull dogs at your 4 and 5 positions. Pau Gasol looked SOFT against Kendrick Perkins and Leon Powe. Pau isn't a shot blocker. Landry was able to score on him down low. But with Yao, he is too easily defended, too much of a finesse player, and too much of a liability on defense guarding Pau. With Yao in the game Pau can shoot shoot pretty jumpers than actually have to work for his shots.

I guarantee the Lakers are thanking Adelman for not playing Hayes and Landry more in the 2nd half.

Anyway thats my rant, and i stick by what i said. I know we would be up 2-0 had our bench played the entire 2nd half.