1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 111, Rockets 98

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2009.

1. Cav000

Cav000 Member

RA dissapoint me!!!!!!!

Not giving the ball to Yao,when he has room to get it
    Overuse brooks,let him waste our time
    Pissed Von off, his mindless couch force this..

what was he doing tonight?????

2. phil2000

phil2000 Member

yao suck in the denfense,but those blaming yao is just garbage.
    just watch the game.
    yao should use elbow his position in home court.

3. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Agree!Where are Yao's Biiiiiiig elbows?Im missing Deke

4. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

fakers wont this game if without refs help

5. 11+1

11+1 Member

Yao should find a different way to fight against Gasol, both in defence and offence. But, please! It's the refs kept him off the court. There's no way a tru warrior becomes trash in just 2 days...

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Brooks and Ming were good reasons why we lost this game as they did not have their best games. Brooks just had some erratic play which I think comes with inexperience. But, it can also work for him at times. Ming was basically taken out of the game by fronting...again. Ming also had his share of mental mistakes which cost us...that he usually doesn't have. But, we didn't do a good job of getting him the ball down low either. It was also clear the Lakers resorted to some dirty tactics because the game wasn't going as they hoped it would. They wanted to convince the world that game 1 was a fluke and were looking to blow us out/laugh us off the court. When that didn't happen, they got a little dirty because we were matching their physical play. It's like a baby throwing a temper tantrum because you took the baby's toy away. Odom was talking trash a lot with facial expressions and so was Kobe. Kobe should just let his play do the talking. I don't understand why he was to throw in the antics with the head shaking. If it was called as taunting late in the game, then it should have been called as taunting early in the game. But, these refs let this game get out of control and turn ugly. That didn't cost us the game, however. I also think Adelman made some poor line-up choices in the second half when the game was close that helped let the game slip away without making timely corrections. The elbow by Fisher was completely uncalled for and he should be suspended for at least the next game. I love how he was trying to justify that afterwards. What an ass!

#307 Surfguy, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
  8. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

This game demos to the world how suck the NBA refs are.

9. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Based on the recaps (I don't watch the games) it seems like this was another case of the "arbitrary NBA rules/refs makes for goofy games".

Color me pleased that I did not watch.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am proud of those guys. Obviously, Crawford did his job, some horrible calls. Kobe took a cheap shot which cost Artest a game. But it is what it is.

Let's forget about it for a while and let's talk basketball.

Brooks - Not impressed at all. You gotta attack Fisher. He knows he can go right by Derek anytime he wants. But tonight he didn't. 9 three point-attempts ain't gotta get it done.

Ron - What a phenomenal game by Ron. I still don't feel comfortable with him handling the ball, but so far he has been great. He is attacking the basket, he is making jumpers and damn, he is making his teammates better (5 asists). He did what he is supposed to do. One thing I want to se from him - take more shots (good shots) and go to the post.

Yao - Did he even play?

Shane - You did what you could. Still big props to Shane.

Scola - I tought he was gonna be better than that. He is not rebounding as well as he did against Portland, and on the offensive end he doesn't look as good either.

Carl - PHENOMENAL. Great to see Carl playing like that. But one thing, practice free throws.

Lowry - He is better than Aaron at playmaking and the offense seem to be better when he is on the floor. But this guy can't make a bucket to save his life. 0-7.

Hayes - Great job defensivly, He had some bad fouls, though. But at least we looked 10 times better with him on the floor than with Yao. Good Job, Chuck.

The start was really bad, Lakers came out firing and we couldn't answer. But we got back in the game. And once again, once the 3rd started we were done. Poor execution in the 3rd. We could have won it.

12. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

13. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't really bothered by the bogus calls on Yao last night, we all knew it was coming. What really bothered me was all the over the backs by Pau Gasol which weren't called. Every time there was a defensive rebound in the air, Gasol would reach over Yao's shoulder to tip the ball, and in the 4th quarter he even tipped one into the basket.

Why does Yao get all these weak calls against him but Gasol doesn't get called for over the back when he does it on every defensive rebound for the Rockets?

And an aside: The Lakers showed what they are, a bunch of fake tough guys. Kobe yelling b.s. at the crowd and the tv announcers. Kobe with cheap shots. Derek Fisher with as dirty as a play as we've seen around here in a long time.

Game 3 on Friday, I came into the series hoping to make it tough(with no expectations of winning) but now, I want the Rockets to not only beat the Lakers, but destroy the Lakers, make them cry and make them lose their composure.

Go Rockets!

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

A friend of mine on Facebook just posted the following note:

15. kaybest

kaybest Member

By doing all the cheap shots the lakers has successfully proved that it is not a championship team. Not at all.

I hate vujabitch, disgusting guy fisher and the sissy kobe.

16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Tried to stay away from GARM after the loss last night.

Yao definitely played a bad game. He should have known better - it was Joey Crawford, he shouldn't have given him any chance in the first 5 minutes. That's I always say, be very careful and flexible how you play the game, when certain referees are on the court.

But, how come I am not surprised at all, to see those "lovers" led by redao, solid, ubigred, hand in hand, showed up together, on time, whenever Yao had a bad game. The "discussion" would be about Yao's personality, how we can't win with him, but of course started with a standard line like "I love Yao, but ...", instead of discussing the actual game. Over the years, they never missed a beat, it's truly admirable of their consistency, which is really lacking in Rockets offense. Search function is not available now, but make sure to give it a try for any game thread, whenever Yao had a subpar game, his personality or manhood is questioned, by those handful "Rockets fans".

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what's up with TNT. Do they not do replays? When the refs take a point away from a supposely 3 pointer that turned into a 2 pointer, you gotta replay that. I was waiting on a couple other instances but can't remember exactly.

18. apxn82

apxn82 Member

all I gotta say is "It's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG" tomorrow night!

19. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

My name is Mr. Arrogant Kobe Bryant and everything in this world happens b/c it has to do with me and my eventual success. I am the best and am entitled to win.

"Right from the opening tip we wanted to be aggressive, get after it a bit," Bryant said. "We are being tested and this is fun."

Can you be any more pompous? Does he thinks the sole purpose of the Houston Rockets is to provide "adversity" to his story this year? I mean, come on.. get off your own nuts please.

20. clutch11

clutch11 Member

A 2 pointer take away because of "goaltending". :rolleyes: