1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 111, Rockets 98

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2009.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

lol, point taken

2. Natakublaze

Natakublaze Member

it was poorly officiated...

and wtf fisher you homo, throwing an elbow like that~

and odom haha always talking and nothing to show for it and wtf luke walton talking back to Scola? that is just stupid

Lakers are just playing like thugs on the playground and the refs are on their side

Forget this game and move on to game 3

3. HoustonRockets

how dare you not mention t-mac :p

4. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I think Luke Walton was just asking Scola if he wanted a Gatorade.

5. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Kobe kept talkin trash the whole game to Battier and Shane kept ignoring him... Kobe is trash! This game makes me really hate the Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Deke's titanium elbow would at least fracture both Gasol and Odom's cheek bones.

7. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Joey Crawford name is somehow synonimous with the word poorly.

This is the same douchebag that ejected Tim Duncan for smirking on the bench.

8. uci

uci Member

haha sore losers, cry me a river

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I told you so......should have started Chuck Hayes

Why didn't we start Chuck Hayes?

Isn't it obvious with the Lakers going small that we have to matchup better? Yao and Scola are too slow to be sticking Pao and Ariza. It's plum ridiculous. The obvious answer is to break them up and enter Hayes to play alongside one or the other. Obviously Yao has the upper hand on Bynum. And because they got him in foul trouble (another prediction), it was pretty much Yao coming off the bench anyways.

If the Lakers go small, we should counter with Brooks, Lowry, Battier, Hayes, and Artest. That is a great scramble, recover, help defense with 4 guys that can flat out man up and a fifth guy (Brooks) with enough quickness to cut off passing lanes.

And to all you guys that listened to Phil Jackson tell you that they weren't going to change anything and not going to front Yao, AND YOU BELIEVED HIM, once again, I told you so.

Now...........I'm telling you, we would have won this game tonight if we had started Chuck Hayes and brought Yao off the bench. When Bynum didn't start, it was the obvious counter move. What do you think PJ is gonna do when we bring Yao off the bench to play against their bench? They would have crapped their pants. Here comes a fresh Yao, no fouls, in the bonus, playing against their backups. It just made too much sense.

10. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

The Chuck Wagon is a beat on defense! He came through for the Rockets and played great D on Gasol and Bynum!!

11. blender

blender Member

I disagree. The ejection was well deserved, but I don't think Fisher should get suspended.

From what I saw, Scola was talking plenty of trash back to the Lakers before Fisher's pick. Looked to me like Scola was trying to get into their heads and it worked. (I also think Scola slightly sold that Fisher flagrant, but I'm sure no one will agree.)

However, seeing as how Scola didn't get off the bench after that, I'm guessing Adelman didn't appreciate Scola's tactics.

12. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I really hate the Fakers after this game. and Kobe is a sucker. I hate Kobe and Fakers more than Jazz.

13. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

If Yao is going to be weak like that, if he's not going to establish good position and demand the ball, if he's going to be made irrelevant, nay, a defensive liability, he needs to resigned to the bench. Although he was benched because of foul trouble, we need him to be benched for lackadaisical play. Because he won't respond properly if he's sat down for fouls. He needs to get pissed and try to dominate the game. You can only make so many excuses for him (the guards weren't passing him the ball effectively), but he's got to take ownership of the situation at some point and take over the game.

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Fakers? I thought it was Rapers.

15. maldini

maldini Member

This is just typical American arrogance. Americans think they know everything when they don't. This is why the US is crumbling like a pile of crap.

16. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

hahahaha :)

needed that laugh after getting so angry with this game. kobe can't get ejected or suspended because he makes too much money for the NBA these days.

17. kanariya

kanariya Member

18. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Man we need more then a laugh after that game. We need some of that gas the dentist uses. My hatred won't allow me to sleep tonight or this morning whatever. :mad: LOL!

19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

This is the post of the night.

The Lakers aren't a physical team, per se. They can play that way for a minute or two, but they don't like it or deal with it well.

You know what they need? A big guy who's physical. Not afraid to mix it up on the block...grab rebounds...block shots...

...oh, yeah, I forgot...
    ..that was what Andrew Bynum was supposed to do.

So much for the kid wanting Yao. he doesn't even want Ron Artest or Luis Scola, from the looks of tonight...

20. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

actually i was surprised that he DID keep his cool...all he did was let kobe know that he can't F___ with him and get away with it. i''m proud of ron, especially his post game comments about the elbow..i guess he let it all out of his system during the brawl in detroit!