1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2012.

1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Repped for truth.

2. gah

gah Member

I bet DD knows that but he is willing to sweep it under the rug for argument's sake.

1 person likes this.
  3. senter

senter Member

this game hurt, especially considering that I hate the lakers as much as I love the rockets.

first of all, Jordan Hill and Patrick Patterson..... ugh... I mean, Bynum was going crazy tonight and its not like Dalembert had much better luck, but goodness gracious did Hill and Pat do bad.

Off game for martin for most of the night, and scola cooled off at the end. Other than that, we were in it for most of the game. Chase and Lowry did great, as well as Lee and Dragic. Williams didn't do too bad, but he also didn't really shoot at all.

Considering the injury to lee, this means that T Will is going to have a chance to get a lot of playing time. Parsons too. It's too bad Morris is in the D League, we could really use another body to play the 3 now.

After seeing how bad our bigs stunk it up, as well as how great the young bynum did, it just makes me want to get cousins even more. Centers with unlimited potential? Please, sign me up.

Also, Dalembert needs to start. Project Hill needs to take a little back seat for now

4. roxwin

roxwin Member

you know who I missed?Damn

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No, my point is that we would be looking for him to play center, and he is no longer a real force in the paint, he is pretty weak down low these days.....he has always been a plus midrange shooter, but clearly we need a guy at the rim, and that is NOT Pau.

DD

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Bud was playing pretty well. I don't know what game you were watching?...

Twill looked OK, but he wasn't great. If anything I would have liked to see more penetration just from Martin. He was contempt to just standing at the line attempting poor shot 3 pointers. Why have your bench do what your starters are supposed to?...

7. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I was surprised he wasnt the guy who replaced Lee afetr the injury. I thought he played great as well (though he should really stop jump-passing)because thats really dangerous and can easily lead to a TO.

8. gah

gah Member

FIFY.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think he ever was a real force....He just played well, better than right now. He never dominated down low so why are people saying he was the best skilled man instead of the best big man that totally dominated.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We got slaughtered in the post again. That's the main reason we lost.

Dragon is still way out of control. Ppat can't throw it in the lake.

I like aggressive Bud though. He played good defense, however Kobe played better offense. He's more than a spot up 3-point shooter and I hope that he can get more plays called for him to attack the rim and try to make something happen.

A lot of things need fixing because Griffin is about to abuse Scola, Hill, and Ppat. More double teams in the post.

Lowry is a beast. He's definitely at the all-star level now. I can't wait for Lowry vs Paul now! :grin:

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think the game boils down to this team only having one interior scorer (Scola), who can't really be that against teams as big as Memphis or LA -- thus, against such teams we are jump shooting team that doesn't get to the line and are completely at the mercy of whether or not our outside shots are going in or not.

I think you have to make some serious roster moves to change this fact and get some better interior scoring. Al Jefferson should be pursued. Martin should be moved.

On the plus side, I think Lowry is reaching an All Star level and that the Rockets can rebuild around him. Also, if Buddhinger gets just a little better on defense and on taking it to the basket, then he will be a legitimate starting SF in this league. I think he showed good form on his defense of Kobe tonight, and it was nice to see him try and take it to the rim more.

Overall, Kyle and Chase probably have two of the best value contracts in the entire league.

12. gah

gah Member

In Memphis his bread and butter always was the low post, I have no reason to believe he is "weaker'' and no longer able to make his mark down there, he may not be in his prime but he plus Nene would still had given us plenty in the post. The Lakers obviously prefer Bynum down low and Gasol opening things up.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rockets played hard and they were able to keep up, but the Lakers better talent eventually, as is usually the case in the NBA, won out. I was watching the Lakers' broadcast and lost count of how many times the announcers said the Rockets were playing hard and scrappy.

Kyle Lowry should be an all-star if he keeps playing like this. Bud was relatively impressive on offense, but his D is just terrible. Like Socla, it's not for a lack of effort, but both are just bad defenders...same with Kevin Martin.

Not sure why T-Will didn't play more. He played relatively well in the short time he was in the game.

McHale's small lineup was a disaster tonight, especially with three poor defenders in Martin, Scola, and Bud out there.

Wasn't it Morey who said that height doesn't matter? Well I hope he doesn't hold that position anymore, because the Lakers' height and length killed Houston tonight, especially Bynum.

Also, for a while now, a lot of people on Clutchfans like to claim that Kobe can't really play anymore, but he keeps proving them wrong. Eventually Bryant will slow down due to age, but it hasn't happened yet and tonight is evidence of that.

1 person likes this.
  14. SupermoochieFro

This might not sound very substantial but how bout McHale sporting that laker-purple ensemble tonight!?! Blended into the crowd every time they panned over to him. That just added to his horrendous player rotations in the 2nd half!

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I don't see how we are much better than the Lakers. Care to elaborate.

16. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

Yeap, I missed Olajuwon too.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They played the Nuggets twice in a row. Have you seen NeNe contain Bynum? or outrebound him?

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Yeah, it was so close. That potential one point would have changed everything.

Maybe you spent too much time with the box score pal and not enough examining actual game play.

19. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Man C-LEE needs to start..........also PATTERSON needs to get back into form.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

the difference in the game was Kobe bryant being Kobe just kept hitting wild and wacky shots that were defended well...if he had a awful game like his previous we would have won easily.

It wasn't Gasol, wasn't really Bynum though he had a monster game. It's cause the Lakers have a superstar capable of carrying the load and we don't, and we need...