1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was watching....
    Bynum got 21 and 21 rebounds and dominated
    Gasol was shooting jumpers all over the place, driving once in a while....played like a small forward ..... good job by scola early on to lure him out of the paint at a point

Believe me. Marc Gasol is the man. He actually plays in the PAINT.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If they would start handing out hard fouls instead of allowing layups, that would be kind of cool.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Nene has never been proven, it keeps being brought up, but he signed for more money in Denver than we could have offered, so I think he was using us for leverage.

DD

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

this.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't care how much people say he sucks, we really could have used Thabeet to at least put some more weight on Bynum.

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

What you saw tonight with Bynum/Gasol we could've had with Nene/Gasol if it wasn't for stupid Stern!!!:mad::mad:...i'm still mad about that trade not going through:rolleyes:

7. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I havent seen any other Laker games this season but Pau's play seems to be by design. Kind of like how Amare is now mroe perimeter-oriented now compared to last year because Chandler clogs up the lane too much.

8. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Doesn't matter about not getting the calls, all we do is settle for long shots continually and it doesn't help us later to get calls. You have to be aggressive from start to end in order to get calls. (That's the sad and stupid reality of basketball refs). If we hit our shots off of Lakers bad pick and roll defense we could've been in that game until the last seconds.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

So this means Pau is declining rapidly?

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's a misleading stat. Remember we rarely had the size to play against them. We constantly fouled their bigs when they would get the space necessary for the shot. Honestly, we didn't penetrate the way they did. If we did the stat line would be more even.

Face it, we got outclassed. We don't have a closer like KB24. We don't have a big who can sit down low and get some space for our guards, we don't have a lot things the lakers did. Just be proud that we didn't lose by that much. Near the end LA blew it up because they knew what was on the line. We just didn't have the talent.

Was the officiating fair? No, it's never is 100% fair. Sure we could have gotten a call or two and it would have changed the tide. Bud was fouled. Lowry was fouled a couple of times, but come on. Did you see Kobe? He was a monster out there.

11. YourSecretLover

im not even gonna blame the refs. Rockets were shooting jumpers pretty much the whole game.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never said NeNe will sign here 100 percent. that was a myth I agree with DD.
    NeNe is an average rebounder, just efficient sometimes.
    Gasol you saw what he produced. They rely solely on Bynum in the paint and he is responding.

13. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Pau is injured. That's why he is not aggressive and not getting to the paint for some points, he's avoiding contact

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe not rapidly but he is declining from his 20+ and 12 rebound seasons

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Seriously though, just to give two specific instances there were plays in which both Barnes and Bynum got layups in transition with one of our guys back on D. Not saying they should have been clotheslined... But they should have been clotheslined.

1 person likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We had a great game but no love from the refs. ROCKETS ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THE LAKERS THIS YEAR.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I like our chances if we somehow manages to work in Patrick and Marcus into the game and get them going.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Where the hell was TWill in the 2nd half? He played well in the 1st half and the Rockets were right there but then Mcfail just abandons him because Bud made a few threes???

He needs to play, people complaining about not getting to the line. TWILL CAN PENETRATE AND GET TO THE FT LINE unlike softy Budinger.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I actually think the Martin and Budinger did a good job defending Kobe. Kobe just made some contested shots because he's Kobe.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

When Kevin McHale, one of the greatest post players of all time, is going small with his lineups and running 4 guards out there, it tells me that he knows he has no chance to compete by trying to match up big. It tells me all I need to know about this squad. One of the greatest post players of all time, a guy that believes in playing tough, in banging inside, in getting the ball to the rim, is resorting to gimmick lineups ala Don Nelson and Mike D'Antoni, just to try to stay in a game.