1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2009.

1. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

THE LAKERS HIT SHOTS TONIGHT, BUT WE REALLY TOOK OURSELVES OUT OF THE GAME IN THE THIRD.

2. Danielgom1984

Danielgom1984 New Member

guys we are still in it we justs had an off night i promise thats not going to happend again i still belive .....

3. ringin08

ringin08 Member

The Rockets need to come out the next game and set the tone by shutting down Kobe with immediate double teams...even if the other players are hitting threes. We have to use both Ron and Shane if we have to in order to take the ball out of Kobe's hands to start the game.

The Rockets also have to get Aaron off early if they want him to start. His confidence is too low if he doesn't get started early. But the Lakers are set to stop his penetration, so we should set him up for some quick wide open threes to get started early.

The whole team has to be smarter about turnovers...we can't beat this team if we are going to turn the ball over more than 10 times a games consistently. With the prick Kobe, they can score too easily to also give them another 15 - 20 points or more on fast break points off of turnovers.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Worst loss ever.. I'm out of words, I'm so angry, but more so disappointed. I have no words for this team right now.

5. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

I second that. the people that are saying is over where just on the bandwagon.

but i been riding shot gun since the 90's and will never get off! support these rockets, they will regroup , get focus on the things we did wrong. and fix em.

6. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I think if Ron drove straight to basketball it would be okay?

7. lionheartqs

lionheartqs Rookie

strength, no other excuse

8. blender

blender Member

The Lakers' role players did a great job. I thought Farmar really stepped up and especially killed us with pick-and-rolls later in the game.

That was really a dominating performance by Bryant. It was more dominating because he really trusted his teammates this game. He had like 14 points at the end of the half but everyone else also scored. All five starters ended the game in double figures.

I think Bryant also hurts us by taking Battier out of the game. Because he spends all game chasing Bryant around, Battier isn't able to provide the team/help defense that he usually does. Basically, our defense is missing our glue guy, and it's starting to show.

Walton is playing a key role for the Lakers' second unit. He's like Battier in that he does the little things that make the team play better.

I don't know if it's because of his injury, but Yao had a really poor game. Gasol played him well again, took him out of position defensively, and on the offensive end, he missed a lot of gimme's. Our team just can't function well if Yao is playing poorly. But can't just blame Yao, because the rest of our starters were not shooting well, and also could not figure out the Lakers' D.

9. ibm

ibm Member

i've thought about it, too. maybe his hop is not that high?

10. SpEnCeR

SpEnCeR Member

Well, our backs are against the wall now. I think the Lakers are just too good for the Rockets but we'll see if the Rockets can fight back.

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I knew we were going to lose this game, but next game will be the Rockets, Ron has to have a good day if he doesn't then we lose. Landry, Scola, Artest etc played sub par or real bad, I don't think they will all play like that Sunday

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

well I do realise brooks will get major minutes...dude why do you think I am this loud if brooks isnt going to get the major minutes??

I know everyone recognises its a problem...but I just think that lowry should play close to 30 mins...

I mean if the team wins I am not gonna waste my energy with saying brooks this and that...but I do think he is a problem..and that there IS a legit solution to it... I don't see how aaron can't just play 20 mins per game and be done with it.

tony parker cant shoot 3s either...neither could rondo...or speedy claxton

when the playoffs ARE over...I wouldnt even give a damn about brooks anymore...but when it can be fixed??? I know everyone sees that its problem...but whats been done dude?

13. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

If we had a healthy TMac, we'd be leading 2-1 at least. It's a pity that we don't have a healthy TMac to go with this team of much improved players.

However, I admire the efforts of all Rox players. They were fighting hard with heart until the last second of the game.

Just continue this "Never Say Die" attitude Rox players, regardless of the outcome of each game in this series, which can be regarded as valuable development of our young players.

With this core of players and a healthy TMac (or the addition of 1-2 more talented players using his 22 M), I'm sure Rox will become a scary team come next year's playoff. Go Rox!

14. Donatello

Donatello Member

If he can make an aggressive move within three seconds, which is an eternity in NBA basketball, then I'm for it.

15. Shunter

Shunter Member

I spent $125 a ticket to sit in the nose bleed seats to watch a spineless gutless performance by the Rockets.

Kobe reined on Battier as tho he was a white 18 year old hotel worker.

Where was the fire?

To top it all, the atmosphere was terrible!

Houston you can suck my ckc

16. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Definitely, we NEED a healthy McGrady to beat this Lakers team. I don't care how much you guys make fun of him or want him gone. We NEED a superstar perimeter guard that can create his own shot and finish off games.

17. Voltik

Voltik Member

The end of the second quarter we played good defense but could not get any defensive reboounds, turned it over few times, and could not score. The lakers were also missing shots. This is where the Rox should have extended the lead but they were demoralized and exhausted. It carried over in the third quarter however the lakers started hitting shots (espically everyone besides Kobe).

18. Zfan

Zfan Member

Just one bad game. I hope Yao is alright. This serie is not yet over. They stole one game in L.A. There is no reason they can't do it again.

19. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

you should of given me the ticket, Rockets always win when I go , its guaranteed

20. Bigjodaflo

Bigjodaflo Member

lol@ringin 08

The reason we got murdered is because Scola and Battier were making dumbass defensive rotations to the ball to leave LA's best shooters wide open. So lets make this problem even worse by starting it in the first quarter instead of the third. Dumb.

If LA had made a considerable percentage of their wide open shots tonight this game would have been 20-25 points.

Scola is great on offense, but makes terrible team defensive decisions over and over again and for some reason the past 2 games Battier has joined in. Shane had one particularly stupid foul tonight trying to block a Gasol jumper from behind and out of position.

The team is playing desperate on defense and the individuals have no confidence in one another on D right now. That is the reason we have lost the past 2 games; we are OVER rotating, OVER helping and OVER compensating (that coupled with r****ded personnel moves by adelman not limited to trying to permanently injure yao tonight)

Have you ever played basketball?