1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2009.

1. The Brian

The Brian Member

game 4 is basically an elimination game for us.

win it and we are right back in it. lose, it's over.

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

there is always one stats where we are higher than the opposing team...turnovers!!!

3. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

wafer sucked.....seems like a ballhog that doesnt run the offense.

4. fanwq

fanwq Member

We need Battier shoot,he is realiable shooter that can draw KB spends energy to defend Battier.Scola is notas effective in this series as last series,Carl should play more time.

5. Hoangywoangy

Hoangywoangy Member

poor yao
    rick needs to play landry/hayes more in the season to give yao some rest

6. lalala902102001

We got outplayed by a more talented team in a stretch in the 3rd quarter when we could not score and they kept on scoring. This was the difference of the game. The other three quarters were fairly even.

The Rockets need more talent and more size. These issues will be addressed by DM -- in Morey I trust.

I'm proud of the Rockets. They never quit and I expect them to keep on fighting for the remainder of this series.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

who actually though we were actually gonna win the series???

enjoy the series, we're 1-2 down after 3 games...still a good chance to make it 2-2...

when it gets to 2-2 only david stern will prevent us having a legit chance to win the series...hes shown it already...ron artest ejection 2 games in a row for doing...well...basically nothing

8. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. Tech points and flagrant points are different. If you get 7 tech points (1 for each tech you get), you get suspended. If you get 4 flagrant points (1 for flag 1, 2 for flag 2), you get suspended. Artest now has 2 tech points and 2 flag points. The two don't get added up. They are seperate.

9. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

he was just trying way too hard... was to be expected after last game's incident

10. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

just ... horrible.

Not only our TO's but offense just was inconsistent compared to the Lakers.

@#$%! I'm MAD! Were so tougher than these Lakers.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

We were not outrebounded, we got 56 they got 43. Hate it when people don't look at the box score nuff said.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

get a taller pg...our pgs are either too short or too dumb to know how to pass to yao properly without doing those bounce passes to yao's toes...

andre miller?

13. AnHui-China

AnHui-China Member

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Actually Ron played damn pretty well. 25 points on 10/23 is not that bad at all.

But yes, for most of the time he was standing and jacking up bad shots,

15. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

That was really nasty...As most bad games go for us:
    Pick and Rolls
    Turnovers
    Idiotic decisions by our PG's
    Artest Shooting and bricking too much

All killed us tonight.

That Artest flagrant was again based on reputation he was going for all ball.

If Yao is out on Sunday, we're obviously done for the year, but I have a feeling that he will still go out and play even if he is in immense pain.

Realistically, I think we have a really slim chance to this weekend and it was really fun while it lasted for that one win in LA. Now lets just try our hardest and hopefully we can pull out two straight wins. and come back to TC.

16. 1individual

1individual Member

I hate both our point guards, they can't assist.. all they do is dribble into 10 lakers and get mummified. I'm tired of Artest not being active on the offense and just stagnant. His decisions were also questionable. Really bad IQ.

What happens when your best player is a center? This is the result. We need two super stars. I miss T-Mac!

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

First, perspective check. EVERYONE picked the Lakers to beat us in 5 or 6. Right now we're headed towards that. It's okay. They're a good team, and we still have time to make this a series. But even if we don't, I'm happy with this year and this team.

Second, Adelman needs a point guard solution. Meaning, I don't care if you play Lowry more or just reorient Brooks' priorities. But something has to change at that 1 spot.

Third, A F****** FLAGRANT 2?

Third, Yao had flashes this game of actually asserting himself. If he can sustain that a little longer, Phil's going to regret playing him one-on-one with Pau.

Fourth, a A F****** FLAGRANT 2?

Fifth, no Battier hate tonight. He played a deceptively great game on Kobe. Our only real problem was that the guys we've been daring to beat us (Lamar, Ariza, etc) did. So we can keep daring them and see if they repeat, or reorient. I'm split.

Sixth, A F****** FLAGRANT 2?

Seventh, yes, I'm angry. :rolleyes:

18. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

As much as I don't like the Lakers, they are a better team.

Rockets must play very well in order to beat them. Today? Too many turn overs, too many missed FTs.

19. hotsouthtree

hotsouthtree Member

No, the third game is an elimination game for us. We will lose the series for sure in this season no matter we will win or lose game 4.

20. shawming

shawming Member

TOO MANY TOS, JUST TOO MANY TOS