1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2009.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Ok. I accept your point. I do not mind starting Aaron at all. But just because Bruce Bowen starts does not mean he will get all the minutes.

I do realise Brooks can explode for a great game here and there. However it is not consistent enough and his defense is not good enough to make sure gets big minutes. I'd like to see Lowry more.

Act like a cheerleader I'd love to. But seeing the series slip away I hope we make some adjustments. I wouldn't criticise Brooks too much for shooting badly, but the lack of Yao's involvement when Aaron runs the show disgusts
    me.

KK people would probably call me a Brooks-hater right now. How come Kyle Lowry is shooting horrible percentages and I'm not saying anything against him? Well I just don't like Brooks decisionmaking and shot selection at all.

Maybe everyones upset. But I cannot really see anyone having a solution to fixing the problem.

There isn't a whole lot that can be done by fans. True. But I don't get why Rick Adelman does not gets it................................................

IT CAN BE FIXED!!!

I HOPE WE ALL WITNESSES LOWRY HAVING A GREATER POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE GAME THAN BROOKS DID!

2. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I think RA's lineups are screwed up, Hayes should of came in more, what happened to him, Yao was too tired he couldnt dunk on Kobe

3. GMNot

GMNot Member

How appropriate that a Laker fan would feel like you should give up too soon. Your team is playing a pretty outmanned team, considering no McGrady and Mutombo. I'm sure most of you thought, "If we just had Bynum" last year, you would have beaten Boston. Show a little class. You might make up a little for Bryant's and Fisher's lack thereof. ;)

4. ebu

ebu Member

agreed...i thought the rockets would come out with fire too...
    their performance disappointed me tonight...i hope they get it together in game 4 cuz its a MUST WIN

5. Danielgom1984

Danielgom1984 New Member

wow horry on nba tv just said tha rox will lose by 15 points :mad:

6. Danielgom1984

Danielgom1984 New Member

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Exactly I mean I know I can't be a coach and he's a better coach than I could dream of but How ****ing hard is it to call a timeout or make a substitution when things are going wrong?

In the 3rd qt. we were dreadful and then he brings in Wafer with 5 minutes left. Why in the hell would you wait 7 minutes to make a change?

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

How am I knee jerking on brooks? Through 3 games he has 5 assists. Gordon is a great 6th man, but just not a starter in my opinion and he is looking to get paid around 14 mill or so next yr which I don't think he is worth. Lets not forget that Tmac is still going to be back next year and him and ben gordon just wouldn't mix. And if you are an anti-tmac guy then you wait out his contract and get a Joe Johnson like player that is actually worth 14 or 15 mill a year. So yes I would rather Hinrich over Gordon for this team.

9. Shunter

Shunter Member

Who else attended the game and thought the atmosphere was poor? I was expecting electricity but all we got was beat LA. I was genuinely disappointed.

After tonight can Houston expect a Championship winning team with fans like that?

10. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I bet a lot of it had to do with the $$$$, they jacked up the price , you know the rich folks ain't going to say ****

11. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

jalen rose might as well wear a i love the lakers shirt. is it me or when jalen rose speaks i feel like i have to really concentrate on what he is saying. it seems he speaks about ten times slower than normal. idk maybe its me?

12. alexford

alexford Member

Much turnover :( :(

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I think this removes the pressure from us.

I say wafer, lowry, AB, scola, landry all have good offensive games in game four.

all of the above were tight tonight. and artest's threes weren't enough to bail us out, 2 - 9.

i agree with ron. its the playoffs, can't be frustrated, its nothing but fun.
    great quote. hope it rubs off on the rest of the team.

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

he does, and all he ever says is ULTIMATELY .....

15. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Adelman's no dummy, he knows that starting Lowry might be better. But, it's kind of late to make such a change. Brooks has been used to playing with the starting lineup and Lowry has been used to playing with the backups. I think that's why we're seeing more and more of Lowry in the 4th quarter. Adelman clearly sees that Lowry is starter material over Brooks. However, in the midst of the 2nd round in the playoffs, making such a change may be too risky. Though, at this point, what do we have to lose? It might be worth a try to start Lowry and bring Brooks off the bench.

16. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

You suck.

17. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

last time i checked its still a 7 game series not 3 game series :p

18. GoHuston

GoHuston Member

damn!We lost the game!
    Without Yao or Artest
    What do we have?
    1-4 again?

19. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

just got home from the game and man, the crowd was waiting for that run that never came in the second half.

by far, the most frustrating game to watch this playoffs. that third quarter felt like torture. we should have been up 10 at the half. i can't remember how many shots we missed in the paint, but the turnovers killed us, again.

we outrebounded the hell out of the ball, but there was just no ball movement on our end. those careless turnovers are just excruciating to watch, knowing we have to play our best to beat this team.

I'm hoping game 4 is better, hopefully Yao is ok and Ron Ron won't be suspended, didn't look bad from the stands, so I hope not, since I haven't seen a replay.

20. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Jackson started Bynum over Odom beginning the 2nd round. Then after losing game 1 came back with Odom. We can't be afraid of change. We going to be playing with our backs to the wall Sunday, and our best players need to be on the floor.