1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2009.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

thank you. I hope someone shares my views.

maybe my words were offensive tonight...but I am fighting for a cause for the good of the game we all love...and I hate random idiots saying I'm whining this and that when they should be helping the team improve in ways they think will benefit the team instead of saying I'm this and that.

my fingers are tired for one night I think

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

A few random offerings:

Ron getting thrown two games in a row for no good reason just reeks. Stu better fix that. Or is that part of the fix that's in place?

I'd try Barry at the point for a few minutes.

Let's hope it's not a stress fracture in Yao's foot.

Lakers are really good. Dirty, no-class, punks and should-be felons-- but good at making wide-open threes. They are so good, I cringed at every one of our turnovers, lost rebounds and hustle plays, and missed free throws.

If Yao can't go Sunday, I hope we are in extreme attack-the-rim mode.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

We didn't give up any offense by playing Shane tonight. Shane had 7 assists so if you add that to his 6 pts he accounted for at least 20 pts assuming none of his assists were for 3. Our problem is pg play. It's the reason we had 17 turnovers. Now i know people like to point to Ron, but with no real pg Ron has to handle the ball way more than he should because he is the best option for getting that entry pass down to Yao. Ron is also our best player when it comes to shot creation and that is just awful because that is not something he does well.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Get this through your TMac loving head, he will not be back and he will never be the same player he once was. He will never play in H-Town again thank GOD.

5. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

YES, Scola rotation caused a crucial 3, AB sux at it too

6. Shunter

Shunter Member

And another thing. How come all the Laker wanna be fans who taunted us the whole game got a free ride? I can assure you that if that happened in Scotland they would have walked off with a bloody nose at best.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Once again Adelman sits on his ass when the team clearly needed a substitution in the 3rd qt.

8. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

My point is that there isn't a whole lot that can be done at this point. Starting Lowry would be a dangerous move. Brooks is the starting point guard, and that's the way its going to be. There's not a ton of options right now.

But I did like some of Lowry's play tonight. I wouldn't mind seeing him more, but Brooks is capable of turning in a good performance.

I just think that the only thing that can be done right now is act like a cheerleader. I know everyone is upset right now.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

and I want to state: I make absolutely no apologies if my words were harsh towards anyone...I hate random r****ds who whines about how badly whining other fans are when they are indeed whining themselves...only this time for some pointless r****ded cause...cough cough* because those guys are total dumb a$$es who just take a backseat and glance at everything with their eyes slanted like a lil b!tch

10. Shunter

Shunter Member

Series over. we've let a rapist punk us and we havent even offered resistance despite him elbowing shane and ron.

Where is the fight from Houston?

11. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

no rythym, no passion from the rockets, very disappointing loss. We have to win game 4. Cmon Rockets!!

12. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Can the Rox play any worse on Sunday, NOOOO, have faith

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is when he looks completely clueless; no timeouts, no substitutions, game over. Brilliant!

14. billylin

billylin Member

We are missing two pieces basically.
    1. Point Guard. (Not turning the ball over and pass on time to Yao.) Lowdry has the potential.

2. Penetrating..... We lost this for a long long time....a long distance shot TMac is not qualified for this. (Wafer has the mentality..but not good enough.)

15. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

during our '95 run we had

when we going to game 4 down 2-1....then 3-1....then...well my fellow amigos....the rest is history.

kenny did say this reminds him of how the rockets were in '95.

IMO

16. rocketsmetalspd

The newspapers question the Lakers lack of toughness and challenge them to come out fighting. Where is the Chron? Instead of challenging the team to play tougher and fight back they spend their time admiring the Lakers play.

17. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

me to!

18. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He's still raping, now he's just moved on to guys his own size.

19. Shunter

Shunter Member

Have faith? you've got to be kidding me.

I've followed the Rockets for 87 games yet tonight was the worst of the season. No passion, no belief, no fight. It was an absolute joke.

Cue answers from followers who are incensed but unless you were at the game dont bother.

Houston Sucks

20. choujie

choujie Member

When I see Yao played entire 1st quarter, I knew he'd be tired. The pace was fast in 1st quarter.