1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 105, Rockets 100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2009.

1. The Brian

The Brian Member

one thing that should be added is that kobe is their clutch closer.

we just don't have a closer on our team with t-mac being such a wimp so we are at a disadvantage at the end.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this loss wasn't so bad. hey, the best team in the NBA came to town and we gave them all we got.

every player on our court played
    with HEART
    and played like they CARED

I like Wafer, he plays like a ROCKET, not like an ORLANDO MAGIC player
    he plays like a ROCKET, FEARLESS and like a MAN

3. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

see post #120 :rolleyes:

4. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

**** the refs. I do not see any host advantage here. How come?

5. Crush

Crush Rookie

Winners break the game for cheaters.

Unfortunately, such an action is not possible here. Have to go through 'legal' channels overlooked by fair uncle stern

6. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Also, I am not sure if the play by Brooks is right. Was that the play Alderman drew?

7. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

what coach should have done is to design a play for Yao shooting 3. Water under the bridge now.

8. raycf

raycf Member

Man, everyone here needs to chill out a bit. We were one Kobe 35-foot game-winner from beating the best team in the league without T-Mac and Ron and with the calls going against us. Granted, the Alston FTs and last play were a pretty horrible ending, but all in all I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining, and well-played game. And there were many pluses we can take out of it, including the offence from Wafer and Landry, Yao's ability to consistently get good shots and punish the single coverage (and demand doubles, as seen throughout the 4th), the depth the team showed, especially with Yao and Scola in foul trouble, and the resilience shown by the team to stick with, and be on top of a 30-6 Lakers team for much of the game. I am pissed off/baffled with the ending, but hey, its only January, right?

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

no. adelman said in the post game he wasn't sure why brooks threw it into yao to begin with.

10. elnino1985

elnino1985 Member

it is so obviously that AB didn't run the play RA designed.

he is not intentional to do this, but lack of experience makes him trapped at the corner.

Yao completely didn't expect the ball will go to his hand

11. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

With Tracy, we lost by 20. (you would replace wafer's 10/13 with 5/20 and no one would guard kobe when battier's on the bench)
    [
    QUOTE=daddy cool]The lakers ar sofftt, They can't hang, They were spotted 20 free throws and still almost lost.We are tougher than them,Just think if we had ron and tracy.They can't guard us but we can guard them[/QUOTE]

12. The Brian

The Brian Member

he only took about 3 shots before he was swarmed and got a couple assists.

13. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

I don't think Mcgrady is a closer at all.

14. OCballfan

OCballfan Rookie

someone named Kobe was denying him the ball ;) And besides Yao was dominating us inside

15. The Brian

The Brian Member

i'd take yao taking a wide open 3 anyday over what happened today.

16. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

The best part for me was Yao showed some leadership initiative and we fought hard all the way.

I hope people don't start pointing finger at each other. We desperately need some chemistry building right now.

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

A good game overall.

I think we have a good player in Wafer. Landry came up big again.

Yao was awesome until he was hit with his 4th foul.

Once again we could use some size down low.

We also badly need a closer. Tmac, please come back.

18. esteban

esteban Member

Yao coudn't even catch a break from our so-called Rocket fans/posters here, what makes you think he can catch a break from those b*stard refs.

I feel your pain man!

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Here! Here! I like this post, brings back memories! Good memories! Rocket's Glory, Rocket's attitude!

20. verti89

verti89 Member

Firstly...GREAT game all around. The ending hurts but move passed that and its a great game. Especially when you consider that their questionables showed up big time and we played with 10 players

Secondly, yea Rafer choked hard core on those FTs but people very quickly forget the rest of the game and the clutch shot he made right before that.

Thirdly...Yao...really??? no excuses worst decision EVER (1st qtr 2 of 5, 2nd 2-3, 3rd 4-5, 4th 0-4. Maybe Yao isn't actually chinese, maybe his face just looks like that from all the CHOKING he does.

Fourthly I am tired of Battier and his intangibles...have been for awhile. Honestly it looked to me like Wafer played better D on Kobe than Battier did.

5thly and I am NOT making excuses because like I said I am not disappointed in the overall outcome of the game only with the way it happened at the end, BUT Vegas had the Lakers favored by 4. That means in order to win they had to win by 5...24 FTAs for the Fakers...8 for us...8? really???

im done