1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 105, Rockets 100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2009.

1. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Yes, Kobe does complain a lot but he also delievers in the clutch over and over again.

2. MexAmercnMoose

yup, which is why he gets the calls, all the good players do this...yao should do it too

3. earth

earth Rookie

Yao could not make the shots in the 4th quater.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Fun game to watch, Wafer was awesome.

Yao in the 4th quarter was a disaster. And don't get me going on that final shot. :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

And Yao bricking a 2pt shot when we need 3pts to tie with less than 8 secs left. :eek: :(

6. ibm

ibm Member

is kobe scoring 33 and hit a clutch shot every night? i mean why doesn't tony parker hit 55 points every night? why didn't kidd have a triple double every night? all overrated, eh? in your twisted logic.

7. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

That 2 free throws missed by Rafer was a disaster. The thing is, comparing to the missed free throws, i think the shot that he took in that possession deserves more of a blame. Honestly we shouldn't have let him handle the ball if he's gonna fking shoot it for chroist sake. They should have run some off the ball pick to free Von or Yao to take that shot. You know something like a high pick and Von drives to the basket. Or let Yao completely seal off his man in the paint then dump it to him. Anything is better than having AIRBALLSTON to take that daymn shot. I bet you Yao shoots better in half court than Rafer's prayers any day anytime. Having Rafer shooting the ball is like betting 00 on roulette. Not even prayers can save you from Airballston.

8. m0lson

m0lson Member

yeah his floater is pretty pathetic isn't it? :rolleyes: i haven't recalled the last time hes made one of those....

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A gallent effort by our team without two of our stars!
    Both of our Point Guards played below their highest level of play!
    Refs. made several BAD calls going in the Lakers favor.
    Von Wafer was ignored for the last 5 mins of the game.
    If we can almost beat the lakers now then with a full team we should
    Von Wafer and Landry Keep up your high standard of play! :p

10. jlwee

jlwee Member

There are 2 types of Yao hater! One is those who for whatever reasons simply don't like Yao, maybe they are racists or maybe they are ESPN teen fans who only appreciate dunking in basketball! The other type of Yao hater are those fans who really cant stand those **** that can't accept others to bash their idol and you are apparently felt in this group!

Kobe is averaging 27PPG that is like every game he scores 25-33points! Kidd in his prime averaged 16pts 9assts 6rebs that is near triple doubles and don't compare the grandpa Kidd today with the Kidd in his prime. No one is arguing Parker as top PG in the league so no one cares about how many points Parker scored except the Spurs fans.
    Yao Ming has been mentioned as Top Center in the league and many of you even saying he is the no.1 Center which i don't want to debate here. But all i want is a consistency from our Top Center that is averaging 20-25PPG and 9-11RPG! and no more games like 13-6, 14-7, 18-5. Is that asking too much as a fan?

11. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I missed the game, 2 hours sleep the last day and fell asleep during half time. Great effort on our team. If we can keep a team with this much heart on the floor every game, I'd definitely do my part and buy more t-shirts and go to more games. The team w/o TmAC makes me proud to be a Rockets fan, even if our team is 0-84. If they're fighting tooth and nail for 4 quarters and still lose, I have no complaints.

12. ibm

ibm Member

bball 101 (ok, maybe 102) for you -

consistency, in bball terms, is NOT equal to a 20/10 player has to hit that mark evevy single night.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

IBM- how come anytime someone brings up something about yao, u bring another player into the equation? Just curious. You say you are a longtime Rockets fan, yet its obvious you take up for yao more than anyone. As a rocket fan and follower, no one should be off limits.

14. ibm

ibm Member

where did i do that?

you're damn right i take up for yao more than anyone on the current rockets team. that's because there's just too much bias towards him - from the refs, to the media, and some so-called rockets fans. just want to play a fair game, you know.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think everyone wants Yao and the rox to do well. Just because someone criticizes Yao about what he's not doing, doesn't mean someone is hating or he needs to be defended. There isn't a player who is above criticism on this team. Go and read most of your post, and you'll see what I mean. Someone says something about Yao, u bring mcgrady into it. Someone says yao didn't show or disappeared, you bring kobe into it.

16. AGBee

AGBee Member

"Real good game. Rockets played hard tonight. I think they went away from what got them ahead... Wafer. That kid can play."

From a Lakers fan's mouth. He speaks the truth.

17. enitialdee

enitialdee Member

This is my first post on clutch.. Roxs played a great game until the end, yeah they lost, but no excuse is needed.. No tmac, No artest, still a great game.. fakers are the one who should be making excuse, their twin towers couldn't handle our lone tower, our new hot scrub wafer "who just made rotation" was on fire against them.. If it wasn't for that dagger 3 by kobe, our roxs would of came out with a W.. I clap to our roxs today clap clap clap..

18. ibm

ibm Member

the guy was saying why can't yao play like this every single night. obviously no one brings his A game every night. that's why we have a stats called season and career average. isn't that bball 101? does a player avg. 10 boards mean he'd get 10 every night, no more and no less?

no, no one is above criticism. you're right on that one. and you'd better save this one to some fanatic mcgrady fans.

19. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Brooks was in a bind and picked up his dribble. Yao should have passed it back or took it strong to the hole and drawn a foul.

However Rafer shouldn't have missed those free throws---moreover Rafer shouldn't be on the court, let alone taking shots with the game on the line.

20. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

C-Webb also doesn't watch the Rox enough to kno that TMac ain't exactly his old self anymore.