1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 103, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dero72

dero72 Member

Do you think the ROX were tired at the end?

2. rocketsmetalspd

The Rockets will make the playoffs no matter what this team will be getting better as the season rolls on. The Lakers can't improve on what they already are but the Rockets have more of an upside. Now if only TMac can contribute it is yet to be seen and who knows if Yao will be back this season, with Yao anything is possible.

3. Apps

Apps Member

There were definitely a lot of holes in this game for the Rockets... It was kind of noticeable how much sloppier they got in the second half as opposed to the first one. There were a lot of turnovers that didn't need to happen.

Ariza shot terribly with 5-21, but you have to admit that Brooks and Ariza did make a few shots that were an integral part to how far the Rockets took this game tonight. Brooks got involved in a lot of traps and Ariza seemed to be involved in turning the ball over one too many times, but this was still an exciting game, and one no one would've expected the Rockets to do as well as they did.

What I'm worried about, though, is how many more games can the Rockets handle like this as far as emotional stress goes? You can't scratch and claw your way through the ENTIRE season, can you? There has to be a point in time where it takes a toll on the courage and tenacity of a team, where you just start thinking to yourself "**** it."

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Another horrible game from Ariza. His shooting did not make up for his complete ineptitude on defense.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Its the team's fault for his 7 TO and too much dribbling. When he over dribbles he becomes horrible. Rockets had 19 TO, AB had almost half of that.

I love the little guy, but in order for him to get better, he has to work on his weakness.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not see the whole game
    but
    it hurt me to see him butterfinger that excellent save
    [I forget who it was. Battier was in the lane and the ball slipped
    right through his hands]

Rocket River

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a regular season game. We have a good team. Now we know it.

8. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

turnovers

killed us...

great job against the lakers but too many costly turovers
    do yall think this will be a continuing problem? especially at the end of games.

9. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Bad news: we lost.

Good news: we could have played much better and our players will continue to improve.

10. choujie

choujie Member

Refs are fine. Quite a few calls went in Rockets favor. They even overturned the ruling for that out of boutnds call. So nothing to blame there.

Lakers give Brooks fit, Ariza doesn't have a good shooting night, and our lack of size showed. Kobe was still Kobe. Those are the reasons we lost.

11. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

Blame it on Brian Cook!!! ;)

Seriously though, we played a hell of a game. There's no single person to blame this loss on. Everyone did their part, and it just so happened that the last play of the game was one of the few plays where we messed up. However, I do agree that these types of things happen to the Rockets more often.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The good thing is that we get to add TMac back in another 15ish games?

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i thought he was in, didnt he go in for Cook??

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

If AB made less TOs, or Ariza took less shots....

15. Mr. Space City

great game.

wish chase could have played because i feel he would have made a difference.

this game shows we are a serious team and could make some noise this year.

go rockets :D

16. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

this is where we need T-Mac., unfortunately

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I agree. Adleman sat him down with 6 minutes left in the fourth and placed him backed in on a jumpball with 30 sec left...and he made the game tying assist to Ariza!

But seriously, Landry was read hot tonight and Adleman essentially benched him for 8 minutes until Scola fouled out. This was Adleman's worse decision since starting Bobby Jackson at the point over Brooks against the Jazz in the playoffs.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Not even his game tying 3?

Ok. It's definitely his fault the refs took a vacation during the OT.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ariza made the last turnover not sure why people are mad at Brooks...LOL...he got out of the trap passed the ball and Trevor tried to dribble.....

Not good....not good....and Trevor shot like 4 for 16 or something....

DD

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the coaches need to stop ariza from thinking he is the man He can't dribble.