1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

Post-Game Analysis -- Jazz 86, Rockets 82

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. HookemHorns1250

Yeah..I agree with everything, until the part about Stockton/Malone..yes this Utah team isn't near as good in my opinion, however..we aren't the same team as Hakeem,Kenny,Ellie,Horry,Mad Max, ect.

2. ibm

ibm Member

i haven't read any thread, but i have to rant a little. feel like my heart is still bleeding.

[the rebound] why adelman didn't sub in hayes or deke? especially after the first williams' miss? you've gotta to call a timeout anyway. and am i the only one who saw boozer pushed off mcgrady on the rebound? that little dirty b*stard. yeah, it's not a big foul. a no call wouldn't be a big deal if williams made it or we got the ball. but how the heck did the zebras not call it when it's okur who got the ball?

[defense] rafer is playing on 2 bad hamstrings. battier is playing on a bad foot. after that williams dunk, he took it to the rim again. where was the defensive adjustment? no hard foul?

[the refs] harpring pulls down hayes' arm and then flails his own arms and fell down. (mcgrady's 2pts got waved off.) exactly the same way ak flopped last time. (and it makes me think they actually practice on this.) scola was in foul trouble all night long. how many of his 5 fouls were legit? boozer took down landry probably expecting a call called on him himself, no whistle. numerous other incidents. in a close game of 2 closely matched teams, it's impossible to win playing 5 against 8.

[offense] where the heck was the motion offense and ball movement? all i saw was dribbling 15-16 seconds and then taking a tough jumper.

[mcgrady] where was the 4th quarter big time, again?

[jackson] 1 for 10? and you're playoff-tested? might've as well let brooks play more.

end of rant. for now.

[looking forward] it's not over until it's over. like i said before the game, this utah team, except for the superior ability of being dirty and floppy, they haven't showed anything special. i'd be a little worried if i were sloan, since the jazz played a real close series so far with the rockets so undermanned and with so many injuries. the slc home court has not displayed any magic, either. had the officiating been just a tad more competent and fair, it's easily a 2-2 series.

just fight hard and play smart. let the game ride. one game at a time and never give up.

3. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

well i like how RA is using him in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but when the game is close... ide rather have alston playing defense than him... sad to say that but alston is the best we got at point right now... offensively and defensively....

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

T-Mac is my favorite player. I don't buy into the whole T-Mac has no heart theory at all.

I do, however, see in his body language that he no longer believes they can win this series. I believe it is actually because he does have heart. I think the frustration has gotten to him as he realizes that he is on yet another team that is in the playoffs facing a superior opponent. He has to face more criticism than every other player on this team combined times ten and I think that is getting to him.

I really do think he has given up in a certain way but not because he doesn't have heart.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Smh @ people saying T-mac quit. Dude is out there playing very injured. Nobody on the team gave up, Jazz are more talented. I mean we are missing Yao what do some of you expect. They tried hard just a lot of things didn't go our way.

6. HookemHorns1250

I get what your saying, but as a competitor, it's hard to ever give up on your team, and I like to believe that he hasn't done that. I believe there is a defense between "Just giving up" and "Realizing that your back is against the wall." Well we will find out Game 5..and to Quote Rudy T..

"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a Champion."

7. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Hit a shot :mad: Boby Jacksome

8. HookemHorns1250

I meant Difference not Defense :D

9. mic

mic Member

I get sick of hearing that the Jazz are more talented. They may be more consistent, but more talented? We didn't play very well that game, and it was still a four point game.

10. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

We lost on turnovers and missed freethrows. I mean you have a maniac with Scola out there spinning the ball like he's in the Euro league and Flava Flav shooting so poorly. This was a heartbreaker.

11. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

only if had made our free throws the rockets would have won the series by now.......

12. mic

mic Member

It really was a heartbreaker.

13. kejohn

kejohn Member

I do not see how Brooks will be a starting PG, in the league, he is too small and would be a big defensive liability. His quickness brings a good change of pace against the other team's second team, so he would be good off the bench. Some say he is a very good outside shooter, so for him to start he would need to do well on the offensive side to make up for his defensive issues.

Since we will likely not be able to trade Alston due to his contract, what we really need is a 2 guard with an outside shot to plug in when Rafer is not shooting well. When this other guard is playing with Alston, Tracy can slide to the 3. Even without Yao, if Alston is hitting his shot,this team wins, such as in Game 3 and the Lakers game during the streak. Validating other comments on this board that we need a consistent third scorer.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What is up with Harpring picking T-Mac's pocket . . .at least once a game

Rocket River

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

I don't think it is a situation where he is giving up without any cause.

I really think he is in a situation where the pressure off the court is weighing on him mentally. I don't think he has quit on his team. I think he is facing some serious challenges to maintain any sort of belief that they can win this series.

Who knows? Maybe, something will happen before Game 5 and he will regain his confidence. Maybe, Deke or one of the coaches will be able to inspire him. I really feel bad for him because he is such a phenomenal basketball player that has never really been in a winning situation.

So many players are fortunate enough to land in the right situation where they get a chance to win championships. Unfortunately, between Toronto, Orlando and Houston, T-Mac hasn't ever been in a situation like young Kobe and several other players.

Imagine if Tony Parker ended up on the Knicks or the Grizzlies a few years back. He would have zero rings and little recognition.

Sometimes you just have to be lucky to have ultimate success in this league.

16. kejohn

kejohn Member

No argument about your last point.

17. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

now to make it to 2nd round this year:

....just beat Utah next 3 games in a row!

:D :eek:

18. cujo

cujo Member

Rockets played their hearts out and just couldnt get rebound. We cannot fault these guys for effort. However, free throws and 5 minute shooting droughts are very hard to accept. Rockets need better offensive players! Yao is the answer.

19. oschadha

oschadha Member

TMAC is not perfect. People expect him to be flawless and immortal. That he is not. A turnover will happen here and there. A failed defensive assignment will happen here and there. These things get magnified when we lose. He was the only player with a postive +/- tonight aside from Chuck Hayes.

20. TheMountainTop

Guys get off of TMAC's ****. Are you Rockets fans or are you TMAC fans? When it comes down to it A Rocket Fan would do whats best for the team.

Yeah sure McGrady is a decent good player but wouldnt it help if the Rockets could have to good players over one player that is injured most of the time.

Just get it through your head that McGrady is not a SUPERSTAR.

He is just a star.

Sure he might be hurting or whatever but just because you feel sorry for him doesnt mean the whole team has to suffer.

I want the Rockets to win and not loose and make up sorry as excuses year after year as to why they loose because of injuries. **** THAT ****!

It is time to trade TMAC and thats final!

I dont care if you get 60 cents on the dollar. You know what, when you do get that 60 cents on a dollar its a healthy 60 cents and not a crumply old dollar that a vending machine wouldnt even take!