1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hornets 107, Rockets 99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. plates300

plates300 Member

I know Scola just got paid but from the looks of it, you can't have Scola playing next to Yao. I wouldn't mind playing Scola with the second unit and see him wreak havoc on the other team's bench. Have someone like Hill play the 4 with Yao so he can at least block shots and rebound and just have some kind of defensive presence. If RA had the guts to do it, put Brooks and Scola on the bench and start Lowry/Hill in their places and see how it works out. Second unit would be unstoppable and the first unit would be a good balance. I'm neither a Lowry or Brooks fan but I think this makes sense for the team overall.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Our 1st unit definitely needs some shakeup. A lineup of Brooks Martin Battier Scola and Yao - with Battier almost invisible now, you wonder why our D sucks - 3 of them don't play any D, one isn't the elite defender he once was, and Yao is still not there.

By putting Hill alongside Yao, you have great interior defense, and Hill's mobility can cover those perimeter bigs too. Scola playing with Lowry and Chuck can hide his poor defense too.

That being said, I seriously doubt they have the guts to put the $9m FIBA champion on the bench. :grin:

3. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

The coach is still asleep at the switch, refusing to make critical adjustments no matter how bad things are going south.

Adelman = the most overrated coach in the NBA, and possibly the worst as well.

4. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

It's called a 4th quarter MELT-DOWN. Not unusual for the Rockets. In fact, its probably what they're known best for.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Yao and Scola played together and reached the 2nd round..................

Losing sure brings up alot of crazy ideas

6. plates300

plates300 Member

That was with Artest and Battier playing and they were very good perimeter defenders during that year. Compare that to present day Battier and Kevin Martin. You're comparing apples to oranges.

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Your comparing to 4 games......next

8. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Actually they had Battier, Artest, and Mutombo who are some of the best defenders of all time. This team is the worst defensive team in the league and only average offensively.

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Deke didn't join the team till late in the season, where he barely played any minutes.

Your still basing Scola+Yao for 4 games vs 82 games..........

10. returningfan

returningfan Member

Didn't Lowry hit a couple of 3's last night? Would be great if he is working on that as a new weapon.
    Yup - miss Deke as well - very much.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I started watching this game last night on my dvr to give you the bestest analysis but then something completely made me delete the game that nobody on here talked about. Battier was on the fast-break against paul for a lay-up but then he abruptly stops and gives up the ball.

12. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

13. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Yeah...I was at the game and had a fit when i saw this...the is no justifiable explaination for this. He should have went to the rim and at the least drawn a foul. If you looked at it closely, Battier couldnt handle the ball enough to make an aggressive move. He looked terrible !

1 person likes this.
  14. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

WTF is this about ?

15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Thank you for informing us that you showed up 2 hours prior to tip-off. Cool picture, bro.